Sign in to follow this  
wasrad

Does morphine still spawn? If so, WHERE?

So Im crawling around with a broken leg and I can not find morphine ANYWHERE. Ive been able to check a general store, a couple barns....I cant find the stuff and am no where near a hospital.....I even lowered myself to server hoping just to find the stuff....and nothing...WTF

I found some in:

Deerstand

Heli crash site

Hospitals ALWAYS have them

And i also found one inside those small room sized building that generally spawn vehicle items.

Found morphine yesterday in an industrial building (Medium loot class)

I know you can find LOADS (20+) at hospitals too, if they haven't been raided already.

To get inside a hospital, shoot the glass and jump through. For some reason, zombies won't be able to get into a hospital, but just stand infront of it and wait for you to go out.

Don't try anywhere but hospitals. You can get more than you can fit in your bag from any hospital.

Residential/military spawns are 1% to be medical and medical loot is 1% to have morphine so your chances in a medical/residential loot pile are 0.01%. You could search for hours without finding any - faster to go to the hospital.

Hospitals, end of story. I always find at least 10 shots in a hospital (5 / newly spawned crate). If you have a teammate just have him or you leave your gear with your buddy and go on a quick medical run from east of cherno. Should be rather painless.

Spent ages sneaking into a hospital, shooting the glass (you have to shoot THE DOORS btw), getting morphine...

Found a deerstand 10mins after leaving the city, shot one of the military zombies .. and it drops morphine. Gah.

Found tons in Berezino hospital last night, along with every other med. I looted my first antibiotic as well.

--Bottlerocket: nope, you can shoot any part of the plate glass windows to get in.

Found tons in Berezino hospital last night' date=' along with every other med. I looted my first antibiotic as well.

--Bottlerocket: nope, you can shoot any part of the plate glass windows to get in.

[/quote']

Really? I emptied 10 rounds from a winny into the window at the side without a scratch, yet it shattered first time when I shot the doors.

How many shots does it take?

I had same issue.. was crawling around for what seemed like forever. Shot a zombie, he had one, thank god! Haven't found any others though.

I stocked up at the hostpital, but I ran across some this morning in an air traffic control tower at . It's the classic case of never there when you need it.

I try to plan ahead, as a solo player, and be ready for those bone breaks.

Its a bummer when you break your leg before getting a weapon because you'll just stare through the hospital glass, after having crawled all the way there. In general though, if you break your leg anywhere other than a city with a hospital, and if you don't have any interesting inventory you'd miss, its honestly worth just hitting "Respawn" from the menu and dying. Its bad enough needing to crawl everywhere defenseless while looking for a weapon, its even worse when you can't even get up to run if you're spotted.

But... if you DO get into the hospital ground floor, be aware that the loot is in the boxes, not regular looking loot piles. Sometimes there's empty cans and crap around the boxes that you need to pick up and move before being able to get access to the box contents.

You don't have to break into hospitals. Medical crates spawn on the ground outside and on the roof.

You have to shoot windows few times it also depends on what weapon you use.

Found tons in Berezino hospital last night' date=' along with every other med. I looted my first antibiotic as well.

[/quote']

Really? I emptied 10 rounds from a winny into the window at the side without a scratch, yet it shattered first time when I shot the doors.

How many shots does it take?

Last night, 2 shots from my MP5SD, but yeah I remember once taking a full mak clip to do it, so it must depend on a sweet spot or is random.

I found a shot in a garage yesterday.

You can also break hospital windows with the hatchet or by throwing tin cans at the door if you don't have a gun.

You don't have to break into hospitals. Medical crates spawn on the ground outside and on the roof.

You're right, I forgot about those. There's usually a box behind the hospital near a ladder to the roof, and there's usually a box or two on the roof as well.

The last box on the ground out back that I looted didn't have a whole lot in it, though. I think a stack of bandages, a blood bag, and an epi pen. Don't remember if there was any morphine....

Either way, yeah - if you make it to the hospital and are unarmed you can still check those two boxes. And if there's no one ON the roof, you may survive!

My friend and I done one hospital run each and now we have 12 sticks of morphine between us. Look for the cardboard box in the hosptial.

We just leave our important gear at the camp and cycle to cherno to do snatch and grab, then cycle back to camp :)

lol @ you all for shooting the hospital glass. just throw a freaking can at it or hack it with the axe. no Zs attracted + medical loot = profit.