Jesterarts

I've been everywhere man... - A diary of a traveler

Not entirely sure why but I have a bit of an urge to document various locations I have checked out and what I am planning on checking out next.

I guess it's part for me to keep a record of my adventures plus I figure I might stumble across a fellow traveller on this forum heading in a similar direction.

So today's efforts:

I started out where I left of last time; at the police station in Zelenogorsk.

I managed to find a SKS which is great as a hacker helped himself to my M4 the other day.

From here I wanted to get out of Zelenogorsk asap as I'd heard stories... bad stories.

So I left via the barracks and headed into the forest to the North West and then North towards Pustoshka.

I was travelling along the tree line and just west of Sosnovka there was a little cabin just on the edge of the forrest. I quickly checked it out and ducked back into the forest as I was feeling a bit uneasy about the location. I found one of those little shack things in the forest that looked out towards the cabin and waited.

Sure enough within about 2-3min another player appeared. Heart skipped a beat and I steadied my weapon.

'Had he been tracking me? Was he aware I was out here? DAMN! I left the doors open, he knows I am here!' So I watched him for a while as he was looking around in the cabin, then he disappeared out of my sight. I waited a few minutes and nothing, no idea which way he went of if he logged out.

I decided to move in case he has spilled my gaze and was flanking my position.

I ran out of the shack and headed North, North East towards Pustoshka.

Pustoshka was deserted and I was able to pick up some supplies from the supermarket. No weapons or gear around the army truck so I moved through the down quickly. I was planning on heading to Vybor next but as I was running out of Pustoshka I made a snap decision to head North West towards the construction site just South West of Lopatino.

My navigation skills failed me and I ended up just outside Lopatino instead. 'All good I thought, there is another construction site just North of Lopatino anyway so all is well. Nothing interesting in Lopatino so I followed the road out towards the constructions site/bus depo/train station.

Got there without incident and without seeing another sole. I was feeling pretty calm as I figured there was nothing out here and no one would bother going this far West when the NWAF was just East of my position.

I found one of those office buildings? The one that has 3 floors; Bottom has shelves and food usually, middle has some random crap usually and top has one room that ALWAYS has a weapon.

TO THE TOP!

I found a pristine scope for my SKS and also a crossbow. I remembered someone in the trade section was looking for one and was thinking about grabbing it and doing a trade, but then I thought better of it and make a move out of there as I didn't want to give up my nerfed Mosin or my SKS.

I headed to the construction site and searched all the floors. On the middle floor I stopped to scan my surroundings and all of a sudden my screen goes white...

I hit the deck, no bleeding and everything still seems to be in good condition so I am confused what happened. My worst thought was a sniper somewhere in the hills had trained his eye on my.

I run out of the site and head for the trees. I find a quiet spot and log out.

I am about here:

http://dayzdb.com/map#7.016.045

Next planned movements;

I am thinking more North. There is a little nameless village NOrth of my position with 3 wells and a few little buildings I can search for food. Then more north towards the area near the edge of the map that looks like it will have something soon as there are foundations etc. There is also a nice sized lake which I wouldn't mind checking out. Try and catch a fish or too.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Edited by Jesterarts
  • Like 1

You should head over to the woods around Devils Castle. Really pleasant around there and you have the beautiful old ruins to explore too. Always Running!

Yeah, been to devils castle once... as a pretty fresh spawn so didn't get a chance to admire the ruin as there was a zombie chick trying to give be a hiccy...

..//..

There is a little nameless village NOrth of my position with 3 wells and a few little buildings I can search for food. Then more north towards the area near the edge of the map that looks like it will have something soon as there are foundations etc.

..//..

the little nameless village with 3 wells is not there ATM, friend.. it was there, but then it recently vanished

further north of that "village" the lake you see on the map is empty, so there is no water anywhere north of the well where the village "was"- take plenty with you if you go to explore

Edited by pilgrim

PRetty much the same for me only im located near balota airfield/militairy.. i assumed that on those spots there was the most chance of running into people.. still not much luck.. Found people twice and twice it ended in a shoot off trying to fight for my life..

still find a lack of normal players atm where you can communicate with or tag along for a while.. get bit boring like this.. i dont want to be another paranoid player with his gun drew 24/7 because everyone you meet usually shoots on sight..

(ps. even in FRIENDLY NO PVP servers as advertised, still got a bullet in my head)

Edited by Ganjamaster
  • Like 1

Topic tittle reminded me of:

That....

That was....

THAT WAS EPIC!!!!!

..//..

still find a lack of normal players atm where you can communicate with or tag along for a while.. get bit boring like this.. i dont want to be another paranoid player with his gun drew 24/7 because everyone you meet usually shoots on sight..

..//..

and while we're on ..."this reminds me of".... Friendly

(sax riff at end - seriously brilliant)

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 6

Logged in today and first thing I noticed, my pants were ruined... as was the yellow hard case in them and the PSO scope in the case. My boots were also ruined so much happiness all round. AWESOME FUN TIME!

I thought I would look around the bus depo for some shoes. And indeed I did find some:

2014-07-13_00001_zps9ca521e0.jpg

Unfortunately for me, it was not to be, my character was not inspired enough to reach up and grab them, so I had to settle for some wellies I found outside instead.

I also found another Mosin, and for a moment I contemplated the my fantasy of caressing the Mosin twins, but logic prevailed and I set off. 

I headed North to check out the missing town... it was indeed missing. Time for a new approach; so I headed East.

The next nearest point of interest was the NWAF, BAHAHA-yeah-fark-no-mofo, so I headed to the outpost at the top of Bashnya mountain. Nothing interesting there although it didn't seem like it had been looted. Found a compass and a AK mag. Don't have an AK but at least that's another 30 rounds for the SKS.

Next move is most likely further East to Devils Castle and then North East, passing above Novo and checking out the little cluster of things up there.

In related news, my character...

2014-07-13_00002_zpsd22e481b.jpg

So I logged back into a server and as it was loading I got the message that it cannot connect somewhere and has loaded a default character.

Then it advises I should log out immediately.

Did so, no luck. I am in the same spot I logged out last time, but in nothing but underwear... 

And I'm stuck on the 100sec screen...

Bit frustrating, I don't mind losing y gear to another player... but to a glitch like this is 'meh'

Edited by Jesterarts

The 'new me';

2014-07-13_00003_zpsd3fe3e95.jpg

Edited by Jesterarts
  • Like 1

So, I figured since I was not a freshy I had nothing to lose and headed South to NWAF.

I ran into some players and this happened:

2014-07-13_00007_zpsd127404d.jpg

2014-07-13_00008_zpsb05c4a08.jpg

The guy handcuffed me and when we had a chat and realised I was no threat, the saga of trying to get out of the handcuffs started as he didn't have the key.

Eventually one of the guys found a hacksaw and we were off!

We headed to the military base South of NWAF and along the way found a deer and we carved it up.

2014-07-13_00009_zpscf890b61.jpg

We cooked those up at the base but I managed to accidentally eat a raw steak!

While at the base, another player popped up and there was a tense stand off, and he wasn't playing by the rules so a couple warning shots got him running away.

Next we all went to Vybor to try and get some charcoal tablets for me, no luck and I logged out while 'energized', 'hydrated' and 'sick' just outside Vybor.

So I logged back into a server and as it was loading I got the message that it cannot connect somewhere and has loaded a default character.

Then it advises I should log out immediately.

Did so, no luck. I am in the same spot I logged out last time, but in nothing but underwear...

And I'm stuck on the 100sec screen...

Bit frustrating, I don't mind losing y gear to another player... but to a glitch like this is 'meh'

Try CTRL+ALT+DEL and end DayZ in Task Manager next time. Looking forward to more. Edited by FREDDIEkillz

So today was rather successful.

Started out in Vybor and proceeded straight to the well. Took 3 rounds of making myself vomit but my sickness was gone!

However, there was a cost as I was getting some baaaaad messages; 'I feel faint', 'I feel worn out', 'I feel tired', etc.

So my mission was to find FOOD to get energized and hydrated. Obviously hydrated was easy.

Then I started to experience a glitch where ever time I tried to eat I received an error saying; 'Error placing item in hand'

A server swap resolved this but it was a bit scary given I REALLY needed to eat.

Once I was feeling up to it, I decided to go North as planned, but I would go Kabanion > Grishino > Devils Castle and then onward towards Novo.

Very uneventful journey really, I found a Orang raincoat in Kabanion and not much more. There was a police station in Grishino but there wasn't anything useful there. I have yet to even SEE an MP5.

So I left Grishino looking VERY obvious

2014-07-20_00003_zps5767b632.jpg

Decided to have a snack on my run towards Devils Castle

2014-07-20_00004_zps44ec8973.jpg

and this happened:

2014-07-20_00005_zpsfea91dca.jpg

But the time I was close to the castle I was healthy so I have beated the illness!! Only took about 30min of game time.

So onward to the castle with a grin on my face and feeling good.

2014-07-20_00006_zps2126ddc6.jpg

And the view was lovely:

2014-07-20_00008_zpsa5e58c84.jpg

2014-07-20_00009_zps77c6147c.jpg

2014-07-20_00010_zps17fed78a.jpg

2014-07-20_00011_zps2091d072.jpg

Next, heading to Gvozdno and then keeping on the NE path towards Novo.

Haven't yet decided if I want to go via Krasnostav so let me know your thoughts...

be careful on those castle stairs friend, you'd be surprised how often I've seen dead bodies at the bottom.. and if you are pressed too close to the wall going down, you can glitch right out into the air

You should visit a place I like to call 'The end of the line'. It's a little settlement at the very end of the railroad tracks, just North of Lopatino. It is always deserted and quite pretty.

I fear no stairs! I conquered the stairs of the Novo clock tower and lived to tell the tale.

Pictures and story coming, watch this space...

Double post...

Edited by Jesterarts

So we pick up the journey from Devils Castle and my goal is Krastnostav via Gvozdno.

I start running East and are excited being healthy, energised and hydrated!

Along the way I meet some friends:

2014-07-20_00013_zps00a66b2f.jpg

Genuinely, they followed me for a bit, not sure if pure coincidence or not but I looked back after another 3-4min of running and they were about 300m from me.

After running for an alarmingly long time I arrive at my destination; Groka! Wait... what?

Yeah, SO it seems my compass is a bit more damaged than I thought and it put me slightly put me off course. I went through Groka and got some supplies along with re-hydrating. Now I set off towards Krasnostav this time using roads as my guide rather then my compass.

I passed Dubrovka and kept on North(ish). About half way between Dubrovka and Krasnostav I needed a pee pee break. So I found a bush next to the road and squatted.

I waited for 2-3min to ensure I wasn't followed and there wasn't zombies before making the dash to the bathroom.

I returned to being attacked my a military Zed, by the time I arrived I was bleeding all over the shop, my leg 'hurt' and everything was REAALLY fuzzy.

I managed to put the bastard down, as well as the zombie that spawned IMMEDIATELY after.

This was my state:
2014-07-20_00014_zps0d42a1b1.jpg

Rain coat; Ruined
Magnum; Ruined
Can of peaches; Ruined
FX-whateverthechopitscalled-45 ruined.

I was also barely able to see so I did have to use the 'open visual options' glitch so I could see something. I know, I cheater but I was feeling faint and I knew I HAD to get to Krasnostav to get food so I could start healing.

The rest of the journey was uneventful and I breezed Krasnostav.

I arrived in Novo just as dusk was setting in. I started in the West and moved East through the city hitting the Police station, supermarket and random apartment here and there. Didn't see anyone but I did hear gunshots.

I decided to check out the hospital which paid off in the form of bandages.

I then proceeded a bit further North and noticed the clock town.

I'd heard stories about the clock tower, snipers, campers, bandits on the upper floors and then the worst..... the STAIRS!

Challenge%20Accepted.jpg

I headed up holding shift the whole way up, as I understand it most stair deaths are collision glitch related so I figured this would help the situation.

On the upper floors I found food, a new magnum (YAY!), a crossbow (BOO), a mosin (no ammo) and a piece of paper on which I tried but couldn't write a note.

I carried on higher... and higher. The last stairwell was STUPID narrow, I was SURE I was going to stair die but I held my nerve and.... TADA!

2014-07-20_00017_zps22b44b81.jpg
2014-07-20_00018_zpsf48816bd.jpg

2014-07-20_00016_zpse38b1a89.jpg2014-07-20_00019_zps9cd780fd.jpg

2014-07-20_00020_zps19527e81.jpg

Ok... so now what?

NORTH ofcourse!

I headed down the stairs and half way down I heard another player. I fumbled around in my pack for my magnum dropping the mosin which I was carrying in my hands.

The voice got closer, louder...

'Heheheheh... I hears you little man...' it taunted.

'I know you're up there and I'm coming, tehehehehe' he continued...

I was crapping myself that I was just about to meet a sadistic player who would end me but instead new spawn in a hard hat and holding a wrench appeared. I was much more geared than him and he seem to change his tune upon seeing me.

'I'm friendly, friendly... but... sigh... you'll kill me anyway'

I told him I wouldn't and moved past him while all the time training stella (My Magnum) at him.

Had a quick chat and he told me he had just respawned after dying on the stairs at NWAF, ironic that he was not tackling some considerable stairs.

I told him I would not kill him provided he didn't follow me, and that he could have the mosin since I didn't have ammo for it.

I them got to the bottom floor, happened to find a police jacket and continued to the VERY steep hill just tot he east(ish) of the tower.

From here, I think the next location of interest is going to be the cluster of 'stuff' just North of Novo, then East to Karmanovka and Dobroe.

Stay tuned...

You should visit a place I like to call 'The end of the line'. It's a little settlement at the very end of the railroad tracks, just North of Lopatino. It is always deserted and quite pretty.

Yeah, I've been there. That's where this thread started! No pictures but it was good picking as between the construction site and building at the end of the line there is good loot.

So today I picked up the journey and headed North, but not before popping into the clock tower one more time and picking up a mosin, LRS and Ammo.

Then, as intended I first went North to the saw mill? And then set of East.

I got about to here:

http://dayzdb.com/map#7.122.003

When my legs hurt and I died...

FRESH SPAWN TIME!

Went to benzino, some crazy with an axe got me but I ran away.

Bleeding everywhere and my rags were ruined. Some other guy comes over and says 'YOU know you can tear up your shirt?'

I said I already have, then he shots me in the face. 

Well....

Today I gave a guy a myosin and ammo for a can of spaghetti, then I traded 2 rolls of bandages for 2 bananas with a guy who sounded like he was about to have a panic attack then I busted standing in a house, I think he was ark to start with.

Yesterday I met heaps of people around Novo and didn't die. Helped this group of 3 guys who had a buddy with a broken leg, but the server reset just as he was applying the split so never found out if he was all good.

It also sucked as I had another tag along with me so if he was sorted we could have been a group of 5.

I also discovered that HC servers seem more friendly. I died once but the guy killed me out of fright in a barracks on a nighttime server. He was very apologetic and tried to bandage me but not fast enough.

Later on I saved 2 well geared guys at NEAF leading them to safety as someone was firing on them. They gave me a backpack and gear as thanks.

Good times...

• Like 1

I also discovered that HC servers seem more friendly. I died once but the guy killed me out of fright in a barracks on a nighttime server. He was very apologetic and tried to bandage me but not fast enough.

Yeah HC seems a bit less hostile. Still the risk of a getting a few bullet holes, but less of a HELLO-BLAM attitude.

Sounds like good times indeed.

• Like 1