Sign in to follow this  
kakysas666

Two steam accounts, two copies of DayZ, one computer.

I'd like that only the people who have done this would answer.

So I heard you will have to create a new windows profile too in order to play with a different character when you load the second copy of DayZ. Otherwise (people said at least back in January) it will load your older character everytime you join a server. Has this been fixed or not?

I have 2 logins on my pc, I play from my steam account on my login and my son in law plays via his steam account on the other login.

Only issue I have and it's no biggie is that I have to log back into my steam after he has been on.

No other issues at all.

I wonder how common dual clienting is. I often see:

"Xxleetgamerxx1" and "xxleetgamerxx2" type tags in server list. Or "real" names joey1 and joey2.

Most times they're right above one another.

I'd like that only the people who have done this would answer.

So I heard you will have to create a new windows profile too in order to play with a different character when you load the second copy of DayZ. 

This in incorrect. You only need to login to your steam account and it will load your character as soon as you join a server. One thing I have noticed though, is when I start the game, it will display my sisters character in the title screen (main menu) background (I assume this is a local file leftover from last time she exited the game, as it's displayed before you join a server/connect to hive).

As soon as I connect to the hive via my steam account, it will load the correct character tied to my steam account.

• Like 3

At first by the sounds of this title i thought it was going to be an EXTREMELY PG nerdy version of "Two Girls One Cup" or some nonsense like that. X'D

• Like 1

i just make a batch file to rename some folders and have it execute in the launch parameters in each steam client.

example: -name1.bat on name1's steam account and name2.bat on name2's account.

Then move between my documents/DayZ
my documents/DayZ Name1

my documents/DayZ Name2

Simples.

This in incorrect. You only need to login to your steam account and it will load your character as soon as you join a server. One thing I have noticed though, is when I start the game, it will display my sisters character in the title screen (main menu) background (I assume this is a local file leftover from last time she exited the game, as it's displayed before you join a server/connect to hive).

As soon as I connect to the hive via my steam account, it will load the correct character tied to my steam account.

This.

My partner recently purchased the game so she could have her own account on my PC. Everything above happened.

1 for looting, & pillaging, and another 1 for "super" fun and killing!  :rolleyes:

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

1 for looting, & pillaging, and another 1 for "super" fun and killing!  :rolleyes:

That's what easy mode, err regular mode and real mode, err hardcore mode are for  :rolleyes: