kyorikei

DayZ is longterm, baby

Unfortunately battleeyeblahblah topic was closed but I really wanted to say something there as well.

DayZ is a longterm investment. Not some "let's play it's fun for now". It has real potential because current online games market is oversaturated with casual games the main principle of which is "everything to make it easier". And few projects that tried to be somewhat "hardcore" failed miserably due to bad overall quality. EVE Online is the one exception but it follows "let's make it easy" design for at least 4-5 last years. Basically DayZ has the potential to create a whole near online game genre not just some narrow niche.

That's why all those "hacks tralala" things are irrelevant in the long run. Arma2 engine\architecture is not good enough or has bad security? Go for Arma3 and have those things better there. Aim for completely new project where all things can be covered better. Smart guys here fully understand that "arma2 dayz" is just to test different design patterns. We aren't waiting for complete product on arma2 base. We are hoping that most problems can be identified here and now so new project based on same gamedesign can emerge and give us all what we longed for all this time.

F*ck em all rocket. I don't really care if this screen is valid or not. Go for the long run anyways and you'll succeed.

That's why we are here. To test.

I'm personally having a lot of fun testing this very early build even though it has its (understandably) large number of issues.

I agree with OP, this game is amazingly entertaining. I bought Arma just for this mod, I don't even like Arma.

Somehow it tends to attract all the whiners though, eh, all good things end up doing that.

sa la vie

It's nice to see a thread like this for a change.

I agree with you 100%. I’m very glad I have the opportunity to follow and help shape this mod this early in the process. It will be hard to put into words when we actually do reach a finished product or beta even, I’ve never experienced this with a game before.

Game is amazing already, its crazy how many different experiences you can have in this.

Over the months since its been out I have seen so many crazy things that now its alot more scary, even though I am better and more skilled at the game then i was before.

I have had a crap load of bugs that have been annoying but I keep coming back time and time again. In most game I would be pissed with some of tehse bugs, but this game has so many positives and I am just hooked on it atm.

The Dayz devs have really done something amazing here (;

I completely agree. This mod is one of the best I've ever played for any game. I decided to buy arma because I was looking for a good military shooter. While researching I read about dayz. That got me to purchase the combined ops pack and now my time is split between arma (mainly still learning keys at this point) and dayz. I am very excited to see the progression this mod takes. Money well spent either way.

Battlefield 3 engine. Thats where its at. They would slaughter the game thats for damn sure, but if only they would let them borrow the engine...:D

That's why we are here. To test.

I'm personally having a lot of fun testing this very early build even though it has its (understandably) large number of issues.

yes. however some people bought Arma 2 (which is itself an amazing game) just for Dayz and are now complaining about every f**king problem of the game. It seems the "alpha stage" isn't clear to most of the people who expects dayz to become a perfect game with next patch, considering how much they are stressing things. Guess what, dayz will still have TONS of bugs and problems with 1.7.2 , but as OP said, this is a longterm investment and trying to screw things up by wanting a perfect game, will only result in devs quitting the project.

I'm happy to be part of this experiment, even if it is utterly brutal at times.

This game offers an unique experience unlike any other. The bugs don't bother me, I understand it's alpha. I just wish players were friendlier.