Baseborn

What is the longest you have survived?

I'm curious. My longest surviving character made it 17 days until a server auto killed him. These days I don't seem to make it more than a few days. I've become a bit reckless since then. Seems more fun that way. Of course, it's never zombies. The real threat is the other players. I've lasted as little as 10 minutes, going down in a hail of automatic gunfire......

I love this game.

What is the longest you've survived? (shortest dying to a bandit?)

Roughly a week, give or take. Like yourself I've become a little reckless after 300+ hours.

Wish we had a feature that told us how long our character had been alive come time of death.

• Like 6

Current regular toon is around 240 hours

He has been alive since patch .43 came out. Should be closer to 300 but a ladder killed me just before this one :(

Around 100 hours of gameplay.. zero death, was my longest.

Edited by lrish

Wish we had a feature that told us how long our character had been alive come time of death.

Called Diary and is unbound on default, doesn't work though as far as I know.

Too bad that time survived is nothing worth measuring :S

Kill/Death ratio on other hand

• Like 1

though now technically spread out over three different hives I haven't died since 0.28 that's several hundred hours of game time

I would disagree if you can survive on servers frequented by clans who ply in groups of 3-5 and have fire fights with them and escape without dying that is a worthwhile exp. Who cares if you kill any of them.

• Like 2

Says you. The point of the game is survival. K/D isn't that impressive when you can just post up near a major city and take potshots at passersby. As do so many.... If you're counting bandit kills on the other hand... now that could be an impressive number for some...

If you avoid hot spots you'll live pretty much as long as glitch or char reset get you.

• Like 1

If you avoid hot spots you'll live pretty much as long as glitch or char reset get you.

I will not argue this point. It is indeed true. It's not that hard to survive if you just hang out at the north west corner... but really, who honestly plays this way? We all wants guns and ammo as much as we want food and water...

I would disagree if you can survive on servers frequented by clans who ply in groups of 3-5 and have fire fights with them and escape without dying that is a worthwhile exp. Who cares if you kill any of them.

Naw man. While avoiding hot spots I'll live until I die from boredom or the glitch. Surviving is the easiest thing to do in the game.

That's right, surviving is easier then being a bandit = fact.

1 If in game time only, then ~30h.

2.If not in game time only, then since February.

Mine was roughly 20 days, mainly on the west side of the map. Spent about 4 hours a day on that character. I lost my life in a hail of gunfire, 3 straight hours of constant shooting at the NWAF. I thought I was clear to move out, my running mates assumed I was in a different building. 2 came in and I lit them up but ultimately died of lead poisoning, ran out of bullets and the 3rd person in our group gave me a fatal dose ....damn friendly fire

1 If in game time only, then ~30h.

2.If not in game time only, then since February.

That doesn't count if you don't have the game installed  ;)

I went for maybe 2 weeks once, not sure how long that was in hours played but I think it was around maybe 40 hours. I think that was during my earlier "exploring" days where I would immediately head inland. I have no idea why but when I originally started playing I would always head inland away from the coast.

I wish when you hit P you could gather *something* about the general players on the server. An interesting stat list might include:

Hours played.

• Longest period surviving.
  • Shortest period surviving.
  • Current survival period.
  • Deaths by Player.
  • Deaths by Zed.
  • Deaths by <X> (falls, disinfectant, starvation, etc).
  • Player Kills.
  • Zed Kills.
  • Kills by gun.
  • Kills by meelee.
  • Kills < 10 meters.
  • Kills > 10 meters up to 100 meters.
  • Kills > 100 meters.
  • Kill/Death ratio.
  • Kill/hour played.
  • Death/hour played.
  • Kills in current survival period.
  • Most deaths in 24 hours.
  • Count of people I've handcuffed.
  • Count of times I've been handcuffed.

I realize that this is a bit much for "P" player list on the server, but I really really wonder what the global ranks are and how I rate, if I'm an average Joe, if I'm above average, or if I just plain suck? I also sometimes look back and think, "What did I do for those 30 hours last week????" It would be fun/interesting to see what I've been up to and compare that to others.

• Like 2

Naw man. While avoiding hot spots I'll live until I die from boredom or the glitch. Surviving is the easiest thing to do in the game.

That's right, surviving is easier then being a bandit = fact.

That is like saying surviving is easier than laying Russian roulette. It is obvious you will die sooner than later. It depends on how people play. I frequent dangerous areas and avoid conflict by being cautious. I think insuring each area of NWAF is safe ad detecting danger is worth more than charging in blind and gunning some guy down in the spur of the moment.

But yes people just camping in a safe place and not taking risks have little to be proud of.

That's why I wish when you did die u were greeted with a pge that showed the following:

Time alive

Amount of kills this life

Amount of zombies killed this life

Accuracy this life

Shots fired this life

Average server population

And then store this in the centeral hive and rank the players in various categories.

Just measuring off kills he time alive means little.

I went for maybe 2 weeks once, not sure how long that was in hours played but I think it was around maybe 40 hours. I think that was during my earlier "exploring" days where I would immediately head inland. I have no idea why but when I originally started playing I would always head inland away from the coast.

I wish when you hit P you could gather *something* about the general players on the server. An interesting stat list might include:

Hours played.

• Longest period surviving.
  • Shortest period surviving.
  • Current survival period.
  • Deaths by Player.
  • Deaths by Zed.
  • Deaths by <X> (falls, disinfectant, starvation, etc).
  • Player Kills.
  • Zed Kills.
  • Kills by gun.
  • Kills by meelee.
  • Kills < 10 meters.
  • Kills > 10 meters up to 100 meters.
  • Kills > 100 meters.
  • Kill/Death ratio.
  • Kill/hour played.
  • Death/hour played.
  • Kills in current survival period.
  • Most deaths in 24 hours.
  • Count of people I've handcuffed.
  • Count of times I've been handcuffed.
I realize that this is a bit much for "P" player list on the server, but I really really wonder what the global ranks are and how I rate, if I'm an average Joe, if I'm above average, or if I just plain suck? I also sometimes look back and think, "What did I do for those 30 hours last week????" It would be fun/interesting to see what I've been up to and compare that to others.

This but the stats should reset when you die. So it is tracked by life.

This but the stats should reset when you die. So it is tracked by life.

Stats measure by life and reset on death would be awesome, that would make surviving mean something.

If you carry stats each respawn and add them overall then surviving is pointless.

Edited by Frosti

Called Diary and is unbound on default, doesn't work though as far as I know.

Stats measure by life and reset on death would be awesome, that would make surviving mean something.

Does anyone read me? THAT'S THE FOCKING DIARY! edit: or also called journal. and I would definetly be againt it being in the players list. This would tell you a lot about the other player. How would you know how many bandits/heroes he killed? How many shots he fired? and so on and so forth.

Edited by sm00tje

Does anyone read me? THAT'S THE FOCKING DIARY!

Wait wait wait.

So theorethically I will be able to open diary, make screenshot of it and post it on forum for everyone to see how big my epeen is?

Wait wait wait.

So theorethically I will be able to open diary, make screenshot of it and post it on forum for everyone to see how big my epeen is?

I think you are refering to your peniZ

• Like 1

I think you are refering to your peniZ

Yeaah I can't wait to show everyone how long I can survive.

Does anyone read me? THAT'S THE FOCKING DIARY! edit: or also called journal. and I would definetly be againt it being in the players list. This would tell you a lot about the other player. How would you know how many bandits/heroes he killed? How many shots he fired? and so on and so forth.

Or more importantly... Who are the good guys, and who are the bad?

I've survived roughly a week by opening fire on any players i'd see. When I try to be friendly I end up dying by being punched in the face getting knocked out, or shot in the back of the head when turning my back to a "friendly" player. :)

Edited by K9Alex