Magaz97

What a noob

I have many hours of Dayz game time. I have recently returned to hardcore servers for better game play and hopefully less 'noob' behavior.

With my new 'toon', I ventured North, looting and gearing up as I went.

I had done quite well; had managed to scavenge enough food, supplies and weapons to survive, and so, I went to explore the new town in the North; Novodmitrovsk.

I sat up on the escarpment for 20 minutes watching. I did not see another soul. In fact, I had not seen anyone for a couple of hours. So I ventured into town. I was probably a little careless, but I went to the first supermarket, next to the factory.  There was a water bottle outside, which I decided would be a good addition to my survival gear. 

As I was arranging my gear, I heard footsteps, running towards me. I leveled my 'Blaze' as a deterrent, and watched as a new spawn (looking) player ran at me. He was wearing jeans and a white T Shirt. Without saying a word he launched into me with his fists. No interaction whatsoever, no 'game play', just an immediate attack. He got in two punches and down I went, unconscious. As I fell, I pulled the trigger, BANG BANG.

I came around about 2 minutes later. I was still fully kitted and my aggressor had gone. Great game play my little friend, now f**K off back to new spawn land!

I carried on exploring. I managed to pick up bits of loot and made my way towards the big government building. I knew it was dangerous, but I was careless. In a moment of stupidity, (what a noob!) I stood and looked at a pile of weapons. they were just lying there on the floor, in the square. Hmmm, I thought to myself, what are they? I stood and looked a little longer. Out in the open, staring at a pile of weapons......well, guess what happened next. I heard a ping and then my screen went black. YOU ARE UNCONSCIOUS. Followed shortly by YOU ARE DEAD. What an idiot. What a noob. I was so obviously set up, I only have myself to blame for being such an idiot! Oh well, off to 'new spawn land' for me too.

Hardcore servers is the way to go. More immersion and heightened levels of anxiety. I will be back. 

• Like 7

I fell for the pristine-LRS-conveniently-forgotten-in-the-middle-of-the-square trick once.

Very cute I thought !

Red

• Like 1

Beans for everyone! :D
I'm feeling generous today.

• Like 1

Oh well, off to 'new spawn land' for me too.

Not all is doom and glood in new spawn land. Enjoy regearing again, I love it!

Yup, once you have accepted that it is part of the game, I love the challenge of 'new spawning' and starting again. I seem to start off quite reckless and then get a little more cautious as I go. Although I was obviously not cautious at all with my last 'toon'.

Here we go, let's see what adventures await!

• Like 1

..//..

As I was arranging my gear,.

..//..

that's where you went wrong ... 'arranging your gear' outside a supermarket .. in a new major town (or in any town) you should know that when you do this your countdown to Death - has started. Now it's just a question of .. time..

• Like 3

the best honeypot in Dayz i ever remember was a Little bird helo in the middle of a city square on Taviana..

surrounded by dead bodies...of course i feel victim (who wouldnt try for it) i can just imagine that hidden sniper was there for hours popping fools..

hahaha

Edited by Siberian
  • Like 1

Ha! Good story!

Now watch out for my backpack traps in the streets. Place a backpack with a single peace of paper with a final message written on it. My favorite. "Light's Out".

The gun pile trap normally scares off most people as soon as they see it in the road, lulz..

My favorite bandit trap. Mosin/LRS empty, Gas/Payday Mask. I place them side by side.

Anyone dumb enough to pick that set-up is labeled a bandit in my books. It's like the bait cars cops use to catch car thieves.

Hey on HC you have to get creative...

Edit: Make sure to place the items far enough away from each other so they cannot pick all the items up at once.

My most successful bait trap was a Orange Bonnie Hat and 5 open cans of beans with 5 cans of soda placed on the main road. They would go to each item and stop to pick it up. So with 11 items on the ground you have multiple chances to bag em.

Enjoy and think of me later when you get some fresh blood off this tactic.

Edited by RyBo

I hope by "noob" behavior you mean frankie type playstyle, since KOS playstyle is the best one for survival.

I hope by "noob" behavior you mean frankie type playstyle, since KOS playstyle is the best one for survival.

You mean hacking? Yeah, that's pretty bad.