Sign in to follow this  
Kellrush (DayZ)

starting a dayz series

i get my recording stuffs on the 12th, will have a pretty good rig and such, and was gonna starting streaming and making videos of league and dayz and a bunch of other steam games

what would you guys look for or like to see in a dayz series?

As long you are not one of those generic bandits with like 5 guys on team speak deathmaching in NEAF/ NWAF.if not i might watch your videos or whatever.

Do intresting stuff like set up a shop in a town and barter goods or becone a gameshow host eg russian roulette with the gas station or prise, demise, suprise gameshow or possibly information videos.

Do intresting stuff like set up a shop in a town and barter goods or becone a gameshow host eg russian roulette with the gas station or prise, demise, suprise gameshow or possibly information videos.

"welcome to the dark side of mr. moon"

• Like 1

Good luck man. Its tuff starting out. Don't get down if you don't get a lot of views. Maybe we can dual stream at some point. I do both youtube and twitch, so just hit me up.

Edited by SikMindOfHoskins

Make sure your commentary isn't boring and you're just describing everything that's happening on the screen. Talk about interesting stuff, and try not to be generic, and just play, do something special.

One thing that I personally dislike is a constant stream of directionless gameplay that lasts 20+ minutes. Do some editing, highlight the interesting parts, skip your half hour walks through open fields, & for the love of beans DON'T GO OVERBOARD WITH MUSIC.

• Like 1

to be honest i really missing roleplay  videos. i enjoy them so much... maybe try your skills in making tham and if u do-let me know!!!

Don't be a SHOUTY BANDIT STREAMER..

We have 1000 of them already.

unfortunately i have banditry planned, but i also plan on doing some hero shit, as for editing what should i honestly do? one half hates highlights, they think its fake, shity, and last time i did this shit i was called out on being a hacker, duper (insert name here) because i would go out of my way to make sure i was geared up before each episode to avoid 40min-2 hour looting spree, should i just put in highlights of shit? like combat and funny shit, or should i just go full length. as for teams, i do plan on doing team pvp  but it wont be like us guys camping out along coast,we will do some deathmatch stuff every now and then with a rival group. we will also be doing stupid things like challenges and handicaps, like dressing up as cops with only melee, things like that, but i will mostly be doing solo/duo stuff

unfortunately i have banditry planned, but i also plan on doing some hero shit, as for editing what should i honestly do? one half hates highlights, they think its fake, shity, and last time i did this shit i was called out on being a hacker, duper (insert name here) because i would go out of my way to make sure i was geared up before each episode to avoid 40min-2 hour looting spree, should i just put in highlights of shit? like combat and funny shit, or should i just go full length. as for teams, i do plan on doing team pvp  but it wont be like us guys camping out along coast,we will do some deathmatch stuff every now and then with a rival group. we will also be doing stupid things like challenges and handicaps, like dressing up as cops with only melee, things like that, but i will mostly be doing solo/duo stuff

Do you mean actual banditry or KOS? Because actual banditry i would watch. As for editing wise put in the decent meaningful parts. That goes for any video really. If people call you hacker its cus they are jealous. Unless you are a hacker, which i highly doubt. You dont have to be geared up for a good episode. Interaction with other players is great. 

Team pvp is fine, but like i said earlier, no KOS bullshit. Its boring and thousands of others do it.  I do a series too and i started up in January, its hard work getting views and subs. One good place is steam, add your videos there i got tons of views and subs (well tons in my current situation). The guys on these forums are hard to please haha. If you wanna check it out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIae-Bm4_AHVSWrALL75Efw.

Do you mean actual banditry or KOS? Because actual banditry i would watch. As for editing wise put in the decent meaningful parts. That goes for any video really. If people call you hacker its cus they are jealous. Unless you are a hacker, which i highly doubt. You dont have to be geared up for a good episode. Interaction with other players is great. 

Team pvp is fine, but like i said earlier, no KOS bullshit. Its boring and thousands of others do it.  I do a series too and i started up in January, its hard work getting views and subs. One good place is steam, add your videos there i got tons of views and subs (well tons in my current situation). The guys on these forums are hard to please haha. If you wanna check it out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIae-Bm4_AHVSWrALL75Efw.

I mean actual banditry, mugging, tricking, etc. a fight is one thing, just KoSing some poor guy who just got into the first town after spawning is shity, a waste of my time, and a waste of his and the viewers.

I mean actual banditry, mugging, tricking, etc. a fight is one thing, just KoSing some poor guy who just got into the first town after spawning is shity, a waste of my time, and a waste of his and the viewers.

Good, holding someone up or a group of people and controlling the situation is more fun and the highest form of skill in this game.

don't immediately call people hackers when you die, i lose respect for a streamer the moment i hear that

don't immediately call people hackers when you die, i lose respect for a streamer the moment i hear that

No, I understand the difference between deaths, there is a difference between getting killed in combat/getting ganked, and actual hacking. The only time i could ever say i was legit killed by a true hacker was during the mod and that was a loooooooong time ago, if i die in standalone its either due to a good fight, or me being stupid. as for streaming, in the FUTURE i will stream, my rig is "ok" for recording and such, its no 1080p but its good quality, i wont stream until i get a better rig after college, and by then i will have some more experience under my belt as far as commentary and time, so i wont be pulling these 40min to an hour streams, when i get a decent rig and im done with my courses i will have LOTS of time and will be able to do regular streaming, like 2 hours at the least to like 6 hours

Good, holding someone up or a group of people and controlling the situation is more fun and the highest form of skill in this game.

i agree with you 100%, if i just wanted a survival zombie game i would be playing like dead rising, left4dead, dead island, etc etc, and if i wanted JUST fps pvp bullshit i would go play CoD or something, i like dayz because it forces people to adapt and play smart, it culls the weak from the gaming community, the game makes you invest so much time and energy into the game that when you are at risk when on say like a 2 weak old char (doesnt sound like a lot but when you play almost every day it feels like eternity in dayz time) and puts a almost real world panic in you. just because you can shoot a gun and strafe doesnt entirely mean your good at dayz, being able to dig in someones head and extract information from them without them even realizing they are being played over is a skill, the ability to "mind fuck" a person in this game automatically gives you a season pass for survival. dont get me wrong, coming out on top of a 1v5 is fucking awesome, and i love that flutter in my stomach when i see someone creeping by, unaware that he is being watched through a scope, but i like the real human interactions more than the combat, its like taking a bite out of the richest, decadent, chocolate cake when you can turn someones mind into a puddle of panic when you get in there head and make them really think they are being watched by "mystery snipers", make a group of wana-be bandits piss themselves because they are naive enough to let their guard down