Thumper131

intel core i7 w/ NVIDIA GTX 770m on ASUS still runs low fps. help!

I have a 4 month old ASUS Republic of Gamers Laptop with a NVIDIA GTX 770M driver and intel core i7 that plays all my games on ultra high. I'm kind of new to PC. I usually play Titanfall or ESO on ultra high settings with no problems but for DayZ I cant seem to get my FPS right. Gameplay is incredibly choppy unless I have all the quality or interface settings on low/disabled. I've watched videos of people playing with no problems. Am I missing something? Ive already configured the .cfg file to make it run smoother but it seems that it did nothing. ANy suggestions would help incredibly. I really dont want to feel like I wasted 30$ on this game.

The game isn't optimized yet as it is still in alpha. Also the Dayz mod ran the same way as standalone, they seem to be more processor heavy than actually using the GPU. If low fps makes you feel as if you've wasted money, I can't wait to hear how you feel about the actual bugs and glitches in the game. I'm sorry to tell you but if you bought this hoping for a triple A title that runs smoothly at 60fps, then you bought the wrong game

Exactly why I tell people to try and avoid gaming laptops if at all possible. Keep in mind, those other AAA title games will be optimized and have settings designed for laptops. DayZ has not yet been optimized and takes quite the PC to run well. Even with my specs in my signature, I still suffer terribly in the new town (Novod). All I can tell you to do is turn down your resolution sampling. (80%)

I decided to buy a gaming laptop because I travel the country/ world on business quite a bit. I figured it would run a bit smoother than how it has been. It's almost unplayable. I understand its still in alpha..I'm not here to complain. I'm here to maybe get some advice I haven't gotten yet from instructional videos on youtube. I thought ptting up my specs on this message board would give me a more personalized instruction on making it run smoother.

I have a terrible $400 laptop mostly for schoolwork, and it runs on low-medium settings at 30-40 fps. Everyone on these forums and over at Game Debate and Steam said it would not run, or It would be so slow it would be unplayable. Ive had the game for almost a week and can run it great on these specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3 4010U 1.7ghz

GPU: Intel HD 4400

RAM: 6GB

Screen: 1366x768

It runs fine on this at 30-40 in cities, and drops down to about 20-ish in cities. My suggestion would be turn everything to very low/disabled, then experiment and bump certain things up to see if it affects it. Best of luck to you, hope to see you in Chernarus!

• Like 2

I have a terrible $400 laptop mostly for schoolwork, and it runs on low-medium settings at 30-40 fps. Everyone on these forums and over at Game Debate and Steam said it would not run, or It would be so slow it would be unplayable. Ive had the game for almost a week and can run it great on these specs:

It runs fine on this at 30-40 in cities, and drops down to about 20-ish in cities. My suggestion would be turn everything to very low/disabled, then experiment and bump certain things up to see if it affects it. Best of luck to you, hope to see you in Chernarus!

What is your resolution sampling at?

Check one of the many tweak guides like these two for example. Not much else to do until they optimise client.

I have i7, 8GB ram, Radeon HD 7870 2GB and my fps in towns is around 30, sometimes it goes lower, sometimes higher.
Outside of towns I can have around 80 FPS or more. Details are mix of high and normal.
  • Like 1

Won't work on that? Hahahah

I run it on my Celeron E3300 an GT220 on 15-20 fps on medium-low settings.

Edited by Miki Grom

What is your resolution sampling at?

idk the numbers but its at 150% :P