drewsta

M4 ammunition

Hi all, since the last update .46 I have been searching high and low for some stanags or similar for the M4 but I simply cannot find a trace of them anymore. I have searched everywhere that they used to be and can find plenty of side arm ammo and .22 etc but no m4 clips. I have tried a few different servers too. I'm guessing I missed a post on this somewhere perhaps? I can happily use my side arm for ever but thought it was strange that the M4 ammo loot doesn't appear to be spawning at present.

Cheers

Drewsta

clip_vs_mag.jpg

Please get it right.

• Like 5

My apologies, I can't seem to find 5.56 ammunition at present and just realised about the addition of helicopter crash sites, so disregard thanks.

Drewsta

Edited by Drewsta

My apologies, I can't seem to find 5.56 ammunition at present and just realised about the addition of helicopter crash sites, so disregard thanks.

Drewsta

Sorry Pet peeve. However I haven't been looking for M4 ammo recently but in my travels I cannot remember finding a single round. It seems you are not alone in your struggles. But I use 7.62, .357 Magnum and 12 Gauge Buckshot 90% of the time.

Mags can only be found at the Heli crash sites now.  Ammo was spawning in wood floored tents but I think they are still busted.

You will find 5.56 ammo at heli crashes.

2hrin0p.jpg

2qi1qj5.jpg

23mpqus.jpg

34iiyrd.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry Pet peeve. However I haven't been looking for M4 ammo recently but in my travels I cannot remember finding a single round. It seems you are not alone in your struggles. But I use 7.62, .357 Magnum and 12 Gauge Buckshot 90% of the time.

Instead of worrying so much about the difference between a "clip" and a "mag", maybe you should concentrate more on your own grammar.

Sorry, pet peeve.

• Like 2

Hey Odin Lowe, when did ya find this crash site? Are they working in the current Stable build? Running low on ammo and all but one of my mags are ruined! Been to all the locations in the NW. All around Stary to Vybor and up around the NWAF and devils. No dice.. Asked around and I'm hearing crash sites are bugged...

i have found 2 crash sites so far and no ammo although the crash sites we found were not on any map's ' so call crash location '  they truely are random. 

i understand having the gun spawn at the heli site's but the ammo should still randomly spawn at one of the military area's every reboot.

on our travels we have found several akm's & mp5-k along with ammo, clips and various parts so why would you want to waste your time hunting the crash sites just incase you find something.  

i understand having the gun spawn at the heli site's but the ammo should still randomly spawn at one of the military area's every reboot.

It was spawning in wooden floored tents before they broke, I imagine it will again.

Edited by Barnabus

Hey Odin Lowe, when did ya find this crash site? Are they working in the current Stable build? Running low on ammo and all but one of my mags are ruined! Been to all the locations in the NW. All around Stary to Vybor and up around the NWAF and devils. No dice.. Asked around and I'm hearing crash sites are bugged...

Those screenshots are from experimental branch. Only 3 heli crash sites spawn every server restart. This is a map of the possible locations to those spawns.

ok0ol2.jpg

The spawns are supposed to be the same on stable, so you shouldn't have a problem. Although, only 3 crashes per map, at random locations, you chances to stumble upon one is slim, but there.

Good luck mate!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info fellas, I can now see that the crash sites are likely to be more dispersed over a wider area than first researched. I today looked in what used to be the most popular 9 areas and didn't come across any crash sites. I'm actually glad that they are even more random now and could be where you least expect them.

• Like 1

There seems to be an issue that a lot of people are experiencing right now as far as crash sites are concerned. Many people (including myself) have actively been searching for them for hours/days and can't come across even one.

I do believe that the crash sites may have problems not showing for some reason. I have searched endlessly and I am confident I would have come across at least 1 out of 3 sites before a server restart even if I was to just spot it from a distance. I did search for hours over several server restarts as I'm aware the area to cover is a lot bigger now. I'm happy to wait if indeed the sites are broken, I'm still alive on the same character since the very beginning of dayz, I'm in no hurry.

Just my thoughts anyways.

Edited by Drewsta

I haven't actively been searching for heli crash sites, but I haven't seen any since the 0.46 update.

Two options for you really, either switch to the AKM and enjoy unlimited ammo supplies, or preserve your M4 ammo as much as possible and use your pistol/revolver as much as possible until the next update.

I switched to the AKM and love it!

So just kind of bumping this. Has anyone found any crash sites in stable yet? 

Ok, so I've heard a theory regarding why people are having a hard time finding these mythical heli crash sites. 

Apparently its conflicting with random police car spawns. http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/29pa7s/helicopter_crash_sites_not_spawning_on_stable/cinkgrs

If the theory is indeed correct, the problem is: Both heli crash and police cars have limited # of spawns, but that # changes depending on the others spawn #. 

So if 0-3 helis spawn each restart and a higher number of police cars spawn each time it (like 0-12) the probability of police cars scoring a higher spawn # is more likely and is reducing the Heli spawn to 0. 

At least thats what I've gathered.. Still no confirmation or other info that i've come across. Please fix soon!

I haven't actively been searching for heli crash sites, but I haven't seen any since the 0.46 update.

Two options for you really, either switch to the AKM and enjoy unlimited ammo supplies, or preserve your M4 ammo as much as possible and use your pistol/revolver as much as possible until the next update.

I switched to the AKM and love it!

can't even find an AK have searched balota about 4 times the past week

Leave Balota, I don't think they spawn there, or the spawn is broken and they end up inside the walls (saw this on someone YT).

Go To Zelenogorsk, they always spawn at least one in the two small barracks on the beds.

• Like 1

How many bullets constitutes of a 5.56 stack these days?  I remember a time where you could get stacks of 60 from unloading the mag, but I think they removed that.  I just logged into an old HC charter of mine, and I have 230 rounds, and I have some 40 round stacks  B)

Server hopping is not gonna work, they spawn in the baraks and in the tents with grass floor. My friends and I have found akm's pretty frequently by just traveling the map, to all baraks, that will increase your chances.

How many bullets constitutes of a 5.56 stack these days?  I remember a time where you could get stacks of 60 from unloading the mag, but I think they removed that.  I just logged into an old HC charter of mine, and I have 230 rounds, and I have some 40 round stacks  B)

Max 30, a 60 mag will split to 2x 30 and a 40 mag splits to 30 and 10 pile, I still have some 60 piles, but they are still from before the update. If I split them or move them in the mag and back out, they will split to 2x 30