Sign in to follow this  

New player here!

Hey guys! Just bought dayz 3 daysa go I think. Really enjoying it aside from a few MAJOR bugs as expected. Honestly would like to have a partner to do some coop with since I am kinda getting my butt kicked so far. Either from bandits or from zombies early on.

For example, didn't have any weapons, was searching for a weapon of some kind and got attacked by 2 zombies. Died pretty quick. So if anyone wants to team up maybe on steam let me know.

Thanks guys!

• Like 2

Best advice would be tell your friends about it...Other than that there are quite a few clan recruitment threads in the recruitment section of the forum :) Good luck...don't get attached to your gear :)

• Like 1

Sometimes you can sneek up on an unsuspecting player and knock them out with your fists and take their gear. Same goes for zeds, only circle strafe them clockwise and learn how to bob and weave. Once you get the hang of it you can mix in another zed or 2. If you are strafing them they will start to damage each other so use other zeds to your advantage.

If you encounter another player with a weapon, well you might want to learn how to dodge bullets and use cover. Oh and pray like hell the person shooting at you is a horrible shot

• Like 1

Hey guys! Just bought dayz 3 daysa go I think. Really enjoying it aside from a few MAJOR bugs as expected. Honestly would like to have a partner to do some coop with since I am kinda getting my butt kicked so far. Either from bandits or from zombies early on.

For example, didn't have any weapons, was searching for a weapon of some kind and got attacked by 2 zombies. Died pretty quick. So if anyone wants to team up maybe on steam let me know.

Thanks guys!

Welcome aboard. The best thing about being a new-spawn is that you shouldn't give a hoot about getting killed..because you have nothing to lose. your first goal should be to get food, a pack water and some kind of weapon (shovel, pipe wrench, or fire extinguisher and the best  melee weapons the fire ax or splitting ax. And don't feel the need to fight zombies when you are poorly equipped Running away should be your first choice. For me a good starting weapon has always been a sawed off shotgun but remember it is a very short range weapon and in the beginning remember to tear up some shirts for bandages. I dont know if you can catch diseases from un-purified water from streams and lakes so to be safe wells and catching rain in a bottle. And drink as much good water and eat as much food as you can to stay  Energized, Hydrated, Healthy..you can absorb more damage in that condition. How to recover from blood loss? one way is to hide and then eat and drink your way back to being Energized, Hydrated, and Healthy. it doesn't take that long. 

And yes stay away from other players as much as possible as there are loads of pussies out there that take pride in killing poorly equipped players (as if that was a challenge). When I get attacked by a poorly armed new-spawn I generally run away but if they persist then a few shots in the body settles them down. GOOD LUCK

Rule: The better equipped you are the more of a target you are to parasites that call themselves bandits. When you get equipped with a rifle with a scope be sure to kill any and all ass-wipes that you observe 'having fun' with new-spawns. When they get shot at their yellow streaks expand radically. Kill them depart unseen and then let the new-spawns pick their corpses clean..(just a suggestion).    

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 3

Careful! He wrote the word "bandits". Maybe because he and his friends are bandits! :o  it's a trap! ;)

• Like 1

Careful! He wrote the word "bandits". Maybe because he and his friends are bandits! :o  it's a trap! ;)

I have never been prone to banditry my good man but your words of caution should be well taken by all because trust is a hard thing to come by. I have been killed too many times by bandits, jerks and dedicated KoS dweebs (as have we all). Essentially I trust no one these days and travel alone with my M4 ready for business always. To shoot first and ask questions later is a sound policy on chance encounters with all but harmless new spawns. It seems that every time I try to communicate with other players I end up regretting it. I see chronic bandits as leeches that are too lazy, dumb, and cowardly to hunt down gear, chow, weaponry and ammo on their own.

Stay frosty and have some beans  :beans:

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Haha thanks guys, I founder a buddy on steam we have teamed up, made a pretty good Zed killing team so far. Can't wait to find some bandits!