Bre3ze

Graphics worsening?

Have any of you noticed that patch by patch, the graphics are getting worse? When I first started the game about 5 months ago, the graphics were AMAZING, without post process on, the edges and everything were all very detailed and nice.

But now when i play the game, even with post processing on and Edge smoothing, the game isn't very good looking!

My object is on high, but bushes, trees, and houses still look fuzzy at about 200m. 

Did they do something to the graphics that I failed to read in changelogs? O_o

• Like 3

Have any of you noticed that patch by patch, the graphics are getting worse? When I first started the game about 5 months ago, the graphics were AMAZING, without post process on, the edges and everything were all very detailed and nice.

But now when i play the game, even with post processing on and Edge smoothing, the game isn't very good looking!

My object is on high, but bushes, trees, and houses still look fuzzy at about 200m. 

Did they do something to the graphics that I failed to read in changelogs? O_o

ATOC ?

It was always off O_O, I find turning it on is really blurry

I don't know exactly but when I look on my old and new screenshots (captured with similar graphic options) - something is not right. Edges. <_<

• Like 2

The graphics are definitely different, somehow. Like the tree/bush models/textures look worse.

I think they shortened the rendering distance or added distance fog, too.

They are optimizing the game by dumbing down the graphics. Game Devs have been doing this for years to get better performance.

the 'post processing' provides the visual ques of your health. e.g. if you have post processing on the screen will get progressively worse the more your overall health deteriorates. I play with it on, until the times where I am really bad off and cant see anything. The 'best' graphics (with post processing on) are when you are healthy energized and hydrated bright green. As a new spawn you are none of those, so you dont get the 'best' graphics to start.

I too have noticed a difference in the Foliage, especially the grass.

when looking over a open grassy field for example, it looks as if your gazing upon the field through the screen on a porch.

the 'post processing' provides the visual ques of your health. e.g. if you have post processing on the screen will get progressively worse the more your overall health deteriorates. I play with it on, until the times where I am really bad off and cant see anything. The 'best' graphics (with post processing on) are when you are healthy energized and hydrated bright green. As a new spawn you are none of those, so you dont get the 'best' graphics to start.

He said he plays without post processing in the Op

ya know, i was just thinking this same thing last night.  something was off somehow or i'd turned down my graphics settings (but didn't remember doing so).  thanks for posting.

I don't think graphic is somehow turned down.

Only in Novodmitrovsk, I have some LOD problems even with normal object details, that I can't sometimes see through windows or open doors.

Well maybe they are doing something, still I like the graphics a lot.

Only wish we could have 35+ FPS in cities when we have PC's that should handle that (i5 or i7 etc).

Thx for replies, will try and find reason

Anyone have popping/flickering graphics? e.g. When you look at a window, it keeps flickering on and off, as if its not sure it wants to render itself....

Or trees and grasses around you, it feels as if they keep changing and flickering....?

Anyone have similar problems/solution?

Hello there, been playing DayZ for about 7 months now.

There has always been a problem that frustrates me, is the graphics don't look very good! 

When I look at YouTube videos e.g. FrankieOnPcIn1080p or BlackOut, there graphics look really good!

Yet in my game, my colors are a bit grayish (full blood and health), the graphics look like they are shimmering, the edges don't look as well filled in either. 

Grasses near me and houses keep changing as if they are rendering differently every second!

Specs: i5-4570      8gb ram          GTX 760

AA is on high, FXAA very high, no post proccessing

Objects normal Terrain Normal

What could be causing these weird graphics? They make the game annoying to play

If you need anything please ask!

I would say it's probably the lack of post processing....try turning it on and see if it changes? It is a bit of a FPS killer though! The streamers usually have beast PCs though and have everything on high.

Edit: Didn't read the post properly! When you press tab is there a "Healthy" indicator? If not and you are fully energized and hydrated you aren't at full health

Edited by Timmymachine109

Turn of your Bloom and what not..the post processing people leave turned off because of that shaking effect after running and what not...