I always have trouble choosing over the two because I'm not sure which one's bigger. Could you guys let me know?

ALICE is bigger (20 compared to 16) but the Czech has additional camo for when you are prone or hiding in a bush.

I perfer ALICE.

EDIT for error.

If you've seen both you would easily be able to tell which one has more room.

Czech Vest Pouch: 6 slots

Coyote Patrol Pack: 8 slots

ACU Assault Pack: 12 slots

Czech Backpack: 16 slots

Alice pack: 20 slots

Coyote Backpack: 24 slots

Im sad that Alice, being rather old, is bigger then CZ backpack, which is imo much more sexy looking.

edit: also looking at wiki will usually yield the answers you require in no time.

Personally i'm using the ALICE, as it uses more space, for a valid reason..

Current Gear:

Camo: Ghillie Suit

Main Gun: M14 ACOG

Secondary (In backpack): Bizon PP19

Pistol: M1911

Gear: NVG's, GPS, MAP, Hunting Knife, Hatchet, Matches, Toolbox, Range Finder, Bino's (in backpack)

Gameplay: Group Neutral (AKA we only shoot if they seem hostile or are in our way, not just because)

Now you know, the reason is because i wear the Ghillie Suit, therefor, i don't have a backpack showing :D

Now you know' date=' the reason is because i wear the Ghillie Suit, therefor, i don't have a backpack showing :D

[/quote']

So glad for that little extra perk, I was worried about people seeing my coyote pack when I put a ghillie on for the first time.

While we're at it, why is the czech pouchvest even in the game? Who would ever pick it up?

Czech Vest Pouch: 7 slots

Coyote Patrol Pack: 8 slots

ACU Assault Pack: 12 slots

Czech Backpack: 16 slots

Alice pack: 20 slots

Coyote Backpack: 24 slots

Hmm.. I'd disagree. Just from the looks I'd say a czech pack should hold more stuff than the alice pack.

While we're at it' date=' why is the czech pouchvest even in the game? Who would ever pick it up?

[/quote']

I certainly pick it up in some scenarios where I dont have a backpack on me. I sometimes leave all my stuff in the car, including my backpack, and go and find new stuff for fun. Backpacks can also glitch away if you drop them or happen to go into water.

Also, If for some job you dont need much equipment, want to have a low profile while proning but have no ghillie suit at hand it is a very good choice. For example if you hold a sniper position or want to go scouting for camps and vehicles.

Its rather situational, but it has its uses and I like that its in the game.

Personally i'm using the ALICE' date=' as it uses more space, for a valid reason..

Current Gear:

Camo: Ghillie Suit

Main Gun: M14 ACOG

Secondary (In backpack): Bizon PP19

Pistol: M1911

Gear: NVG's, GPS, MAP, Hunting Knife, Hatchet, Matches, Toolbox, Range Finder, Bino's (in backpack)

Gameplay: Group Neutral (AKA we only shoot if they seem hostile or are in our way, not just because)

Now you know, the reason is because i wear the Ghillie Suit, therefor, i don't have a backpack showing :D

[/quote']

Oh my God. That is like so cool! How did you get that good weaponz?

While we're at it' date=' why is the czech pouchvest even in the game? Who would ever pick it up?

[/quote']

It is, I picked it up once thinking I could combine it with my regular backpack (you can't). You are right it's completely useless unless you've lost your starter pack (say you went for a swim)

Stupid people are stupid

ALICE Backpack of course. (Has 4 more slots)

The 3 largest backpacks in DayZ in order from smallest to largest, are:

Czech Backpack

ALICE Backpack

Coyote Backpack (Don't mistake this with the Coyote PATROL Backpack, which is the starter. Also, this backpack is extremely rare, and only found in military looting places like camps, deer stands and airstrips)

Anyone know why my alice pack and most of the stuff in it disappeared when I put on a gillie suit?

I had picked up a czeck vest pack and then put my coyote patrol back on. Then I found the Alice and traded it for the coyote. Then I found the gillie and put it on (I was already wearing a camo suit). When I put the gillie on my Alice disappeared and I only had the Czeck vest pack. My coyote and alice were gone.

Any ideas here?

I once came across a backpack which had 26 slots, and I think it said "Coyote". But ever since, I've only been able to find 24 slot Coyote backpacks??? Was that the work of a hacker?

It is weird because if you look at Alice and Czech backpacks... The Czech looks like 3 times bigger but is actually smaller.

Weird visual issues lol. Alice is bigger but does not offer the camo on your back.

Well, you'd want to use the ALICE between those two.

But in military areas and deer stands, you might be lucky enough to find a Coyote backpack (Not the starter backpack, this one is even bigger) - with 24 slots in it. That's 2 primaries and 4 extra slots. Epic backpack for looting downed bandits =)