Spot (DayZ)

Getting tired of Death Dodgers.

Name says it all.

I am getting tired of A-Holes that disconnect when I start shooting at them. I thought Rocket was going to patch this shit out.

Someone killed my buddy, I shoot them and they alt-F4 out of the game. This is bullshit.

I think every legitimate player is getting tired of it. I am sure it is very high on Rocket's priorities, but he has to figure out a way to implement a change in the Arma 2 system. Might not be as easy as one might think.

Just got to deal with it for now unfortunately.

One way to deal with it is not to shoot at players ... kinda moronic to kill players that only have a flashlight, painkillers, and a bandage. How is that pvp or a challenge for that matter? Don't say you don't kill players that don't have a weapon because I have sat in a safe spot and watched people in towners in Cherno shoot everyone who would step into their sights, and 90% of the people they would shoot had nothing but a dangerous flashlight!!

At this point' date=' it works. For me, when server hoppers get the drop on me, I DC. Because there is no reason they should get rewarded for exploiting.

[/quote']

Cheating does not justify cheating and how do you expect to prove that the person trying to kill you is a server hopper exactly?

I kill everyone thats not my friends on Vent. I don't care about killing noobs without weapons. I'm talking about players that leave the game after I start shooting at them.

It's lame.

There should be a 20 second counter before you can log out. And if players Alt-F4 out, there characters should remain in the game for 20 seconds. Then we will have more players ducking for cover or fighting back instead of being lame and logging out like a pussy.

I was in a gunfight at the NWAF, some sniper was on the west side, I was in the middle with my M24, both gillied (my buddy was ironically located right next to the dude).

I shot him once in the body, then an other when I noticed I didn't get the kill (I had assumed this thing was a 1-hit body kill, at least at 300 meters anyway). The guy fell to the ground and disappeared, I never got the kill.

Then later, I had moved in some bushes outside the north barracks, watching over some guy prone in the barracks, and some dude appears out of nowhere and shoots me in the face. That or the guy in the barracks shot through the wall / used the invisible exploit (I think I saw some dude standing next to the barracks when I died, but my buddy had eyes on me and didn't see him).

I hope this shit gets fixed. I didn't get a kill because this dude had his esc+alt-f4 on a macro, but someone else got one cuz he logged off to re-position himself / used an exploit ?

From a practical stand point this is hard to implement. What's the difference between a network disconnect, ARMA crash and disconnecting because they're "pussies". Being shot while disconnected because you live in Australia and have bad ADSL sync doesn't sound very equitable and would generate a fair amount of rage.

I do have a suggestion that might stop you being shot in the back by someone re-positioning themselves. The central server records which game server the character was last on. If they drop out they can reconnect to that same server in the same place, otherwise they have to wait 10 min before they can connect to a different server. This would give you a 20 min safety window from someone who tries to re-position themselves.

As for the the cowards, leave em be. Fight someone who's not afraid to bring a hatchet to a gun fight.

From a practical stand point this is hard to implement. What's the difference between a network disconnect' date=' ARMA crash and disconnecting because they're "pussies". Being shot while disconnected because you live in Australia and have bad ADSL sync doesn't sound very equitable and would generate a fair amount of rage.

[/quote']

Sorry. I am also in the same situation but dont expect the game to suffer because my connection sucks. Players need to take 30 sec to log out, even on alt+f4.

Sorry. I am also in the same situation but dont expect the game to suffer because my connection sucks. Players need to take 30 sec to log out' date=' even on alt+f4.

[/quote']

I agree that someone's bad connection should not allow exploiters to get unfair kills and ruin gameplay for legit players.

I mean there are always situation where we might need to log off quick legitimely (toilet break, children or wife needing attention, doorbell etc) but if that is the price to pay to exterminate D/C teleporting pussies, I will gladly pay.

So all in all, I am all up for having 30 seconds disconnect timer atleast, maybe even 1 minute.

1 Minuet is impractical. That is an entire 60 seconds your arse is sat in the grass waiting for someone to pick off an easy kill. The timer should be 15 seconds maximum. 15 seconds is ample time to prevent the D/C wuss committee from protecting their precious bodies, while not hampering those of us who aren't running around killing people and getting us killed.

15 Seconds is the only reasonable time. 30 seconds is far too long, and can be exploited by murderers. 1 minuet is absolutely ridiculous and shouldn't even exist as a suggestion.

Also, another note, the countdown should be able to be cancelled. That way if you are D/C'ng for the night, and someone comes up and tries to pick you off while you are trying to get off the game, you can cancel the countdown and defend your life.

I was thinking 20 seconds. That how long you have to wait to log out of most MMOs. (Yes I know Day Z is not an MMO.) If you move, the counter stops. I don't see how that's not something we can't learn from.

Some basterd logged off after I hit him and made him bleed yesterday :( he had good sniper I wanted ;_;

also If your bleeding=can't log off :3 fair and square (if u bleed and log of then go online on another server u pass out anyways(cuz uz mostly in pain)) so it's fair that way c:

No the person should be able to log off if they are bleeding. That is far too cumbersome. Some of us get frustrated by getting smacked by zed when we have no bandages, and we want to wait for our eminent blood letting to continue when our mates get online to patch us up.

The timer should be 15 seconds globally. With no prevention of logging out. Thats bollocks and rude to those of us who do not exploit.

Riorach noob fuck thats an exploit to nuuubie, die like a man to make the game fair for the rest. Pussy

From a practical stand point this is hard to implement. What's the difference between a network disconnect' date=' ARMA crash and disconnecting because they're "pussies".

[/quote']

There ain't. What is the difference if someone hits alt F4 and gets away, or just gets a lucky random DC or crash.....and still gets away? Your chances that you DC right in a city you try to sneak in are quite low. The chances that you get your DC right when you get shot at by someone are even smaller. 90% of the random DC's will happen unnoticed. 10% are bad luck then.

No the person should be able to log off if they are bleeding. That is far too cumbersome. Some of us get frustrated by getting smacked by zed when we have no bandages' date=' and we want to wait for our eminent blood letting to continue when our mates get online to patch us up.

The timer should be 15 seconds globally. With no prevention of logging out. Thats bollocks and rude to those of us who do not exploit.

[/quote']

So your logic is it is ok to exploit when your start bleeding because a zed hit you, but not ok when a person does it. You do not fall into the category of people who don't exploit.

@Zombie31 I personally have never done it. I have seen it done by my friends, but I am a medic, so no you ignoramus, I have never done any exploit in the game nor have I needed to :D

Also, not a man, bro.

@Zipper: I haven't done it. As stated previously. I honestly don't care if people DC or not. It doesn't bother me as I don't need to kill other people. I am a medic. My need for violence only rests on zed.

GIRL=guy in real life

or your just a boi, either way your friendz is no men

maybe don't shot at them, people are leaving them game because they don't wont some A-hole shooting at them after they have spent 3 hours explore and find stuff, people leave the game due to arse holes like you

Riorach the day Iz care about the english language Iz the day Iz care about the gnlish lang???

noob iz the interwebz, use gramma=homosexual=homosexual. NUFF SAID

15 or 20 seconds is loads of time to engage a target if you need to, It should also make players look for a safer place to D/C (Not in buildings).Think the best idea is if you D/C off one server you shouldn't be allowed to connect to that same server for at least 30 mins.....

Its all exploits, D/Cing to aviod death from "survivors/zombies, server hopping/sniping and dont forget about farming.........

Its the PvPers that cry about D/C, but also it is them?? that commit the most of the D/Cing, most "snipers" that i've come across if they lose the element of suprise will D/C as soon as you engage...

@Zombie31 Grow-up, also your whats wrong with this Mod....