Sign in to follow this  
chasieboy317

600< ping in DayZ

Hi there,

I have been having an issue for a while with all Bohemia Interactive games. Particularly Arma 2 CO, Arma 3 and the DayZ Standalone. On random days my ping would sky rocket the moment I join the server despite it looking perfectly normal in the browser. By high I mean 600+ms sometimes even 2000ms. This only occurs in these games meaning Battlefield 4 or any other game would be perfectly fine for online play while Arma is ****ing itself. I have looked for solutions through Google but nothing I found so far has worked. Worst yet, Battleye support ignores my plead for help. Could some techno forum god possibly solve my problem?

I did have a problem like that a few months ago, didn't last long, it went away after a couple of days, in some servers I would have 10000ms while in other games, it worked fine.

Not sure what caused it or how it got fixed, but it did. Maybe something on their side of the connection? I'm not sure.

I did have a problem like that a few months ago, didn't last long, it went away after a couple of days, in some servers I would have 10000ms while in other games, it worked fine.

Not sure what caused it or how it got fixed, but it did. Maybe something on their side of the connection? I'm not sure.

Who is "their"?

Who is "their"?

Bohemia Interactive's Servers. If you don't have any issues on other games, it's not on your side.

Hi there,

I have been having an issue for a while with all Bohemia Interactive games. Particularly Arma 2 CO, Arma 3 and the DayZ Standalone. On random days my ping would sky rocket the moment I join the server despite it looking perfectly normal in the browser. By high I mean 600+ms sometimes even 2000ms. This only occurs in these games meaning Battlefield 4 or any other game would be perfectly fine for online play while Arma is ****ing itself. I have looked for solutions through Google but nothing I found so far has worked. Worst yet, Battleye support ignores my plead for help. Could some techno forum god possibly solve my problem?

Try to make sure you connect on a server which is located closest to you. I live in Finland and if I step on USA servers, im fucked. Ping over 9000!

Mee too also a high ping

Edited by Helgo

Hi there,

Reasons for getting high ping value.

1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.

2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.

3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.

If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.

1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.

2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager

3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.

4.Use any software like Game Booster

5.Move closer to server

I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com

I finally fixed the problem. I changed over from uncapped to capped. Ping is fine now.