Sign in to follow this  
sketch814

Seriously, add a restart button, I can't even play DayZ anymore

If they just made it so if you use suicide too much you always spawn at the same location for 1 hour (or the next 10 times) if you use it, and when you die without using the button it resets this back to normal (1 hour still applies to stop jumping off something as an alternate option)

This way if your stuck you can use it to escape, but on the 3rd press it adds this feature

Problem solved, and if it annoys you? Tough shit, don't abuse the system

The respawn button is a bigger problem and makes the game worse.

Simply put one persons suffering is worth it if it means it keeps gameplay elements alive such as blowing out a survivors knee cap then forcing to to crawl for hours before he can finally play again.

.. or force feeding them bleach/mass amounts of moldy fruit and watching them die slowly.

*evil grin*

Agreed- Suicide button is needed. Forget about people respawning all the time, there is sometimes a bigger picture that needs to be addressed, rather than every single change moaning about ways people will abuse it. This is a computer game, people will use every advantage they can. Fact is sometimes you do need to die in these games.

Agreed- Suicide button is needed. Forget about people respawning all the time, there is sometimes a bigger picture that needs to be addressed, rather than every single change moaning about ways people will abuse it. This is a computer game, people will use every advantage they can. Fact is sometimes you do need to die in these games.

No, if anything need to be done then it is something to make player want to run 20km in search for medicine etc to cure his sick character rather then press suicide button and pick up his gear when respawned with "cured" new character..

Not sure why people keep insisting on things that make the game that much easier ?

There should be a suicide option if you're bleeding profusely, have a broken arm/leg etc., and are surrounded by a mass of zombies, and only then.

• Like 1

Also, if there's a problem with people spamming a suicide option to get a better spawn, you could always add a 300 - 400 second cool down. Or even a longer cool down.

I say bring the suicide option. But after taking the easy way out you have to wear a big bright yellow banana hat for an hour.

• Like 1

There are currently suicide options in the game (jump off something, get eaten by a zombie, drink or eat something poisonous, even letting other players kill you). I wouldn't mind if they added one if you carried a gun or a knife. But it would be very strange to have a default "suicide option" if you aren't carriying anything and are in the middle of nowhere. How would you kill yourself then? Hold your breath?

Edited by BadAsh

You should be able to commit suicide if you have a gun or pristine knife. When you do commit suicide, you should then re-spawn at the exact location you spawned at before. Seriously, this game is really bugged. It doesn't have to be a permanent feature but what the hell are we supposed to do when we get stuck in stupid places because of faulty game mechanics?

if you're bleeding profusely

You will die, no need to suicide.

are surrounded by a mass of zombies

You will die, no need for suicide.

Seriously, this game is really bugged. It doesn't have to be a permanent feature but what the hell are we supposed to do when we get stuck in stupid places because of faulty game mechanics?

You should read a thread before posting in it ;)

Please do read the pinned Announcements:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/190827-dayz-support/

• Like 1

If anything I wish the game punished suicide and forced players to try to survive not kill themselves repetitively for a better spawn so they can go coastal pvp.

A nice time out timer would be great, max of 2 lives per hour. You die twice within the timespan of 10 minutes of spawning wait the remainder of the hour for another 2 more characters.

I find that rather hard to believe, but if you could record a video, I'm interested. If you want you can PM me the link to your Steam profile and I'll see if I can move you onto the map.

Fuck yeah, thats community interaction right there. Beanz 4 days

Suicide button? Lol!

Over 160 hours in game and being in all sorts of dire straights suicide is not the way to go out, not my way anyway. It's about survival, the game is all about survival not just giving up cause at that moment in time you want out. You keep going, broken legs, food poisoning, bleeding profusely. Never give up.

• Like 1

Suicide button? Lol!

Over 160 hours in game and being in all sorts of dire straights suicide is not the way to go out, not my way anyway. It's about survival, the game is all about survival not just giving up cause at that moment in time you want out. You keep going, broken legs, food poisoning, bleeding profusely. Never give up.

Agreed, except right now in this state, suicide option is deeply needed. Like I said, I was stuck for hours until I finally got out. There was no way for me to die except to wait and eventually starve. A suicide option CAN be an advantage, but it can easily not be one by putting restrictions on it. Later in the game, a suicide option wouldn't really be needed because the game would be playable by all means. The game as it stands right now however, is not fully playable. It is full of bugs and glitches that can stop you from playing. Why not just add a suicide option right now so instead of waiting to die in a glitchy situation, speed up the process and die instantly. This way you can just start over.

You will die, no need to suicide.

I'm well aware of that, that's kind of the point. It's a gameplay thing for me. If I were about to die to a mess of zombies, and had no hope of surviving, I'd eat a bullet rather than let them tear me to shreds. I'd like for my character to be able to do the same thing, that's what I'm getting at.

Edited by sloasdaylight