Jesterarts

Server TS settings

Hey all,

Just wondering if there is an easy way to find the TS for a server you are playing on?

The reason I ask, is yesterday I was killed solely because I wasn't on the TS for that server.

Basically I was at the Military base South of NWAF and was cornered in the last room. The guys attacked me and I closed the door and waited. There was a guy outside the window and he said I have two options:

1. Get on TS and act friendly. though I suspect this was BS given their first action was to start shooting at me while my back was turned. Only reason I was having the conversation was they were terrible shots.

2. Die as they rushed the room.

I went with "DIE" mostly because to get onto TS I would have had to ALT-TAB out of the game, leaving my character vulnerable to being killed anyway.

Anyway, this did get me thinking about how to work out what the TS for any server is.

I have a habit of trying to join the last server I played, and if that doesn't work, joining the next random one without taking much notice.

Is there a way to work this out in-game? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Generally they have their own server message set to provide you with TS, It'll pop up in the bottom right when you join. However jumping in a random TS, Is about as safe as looking down your own barrel. They may claim to be friendly, Hell they may even be friendly. But if it's a public ts, used by random's, You're more than likely going to have a BAD time.

So, would yo guys say that being on TS increases or decreases chances of having a BAD time? :)

Do people act more friendly as you've had a while to chat with them before running into them, or do people generally use it to set up ambushes and lure people in?

So, would yo guys say that being on TS increases or decreases chances of having a BAD time? :)

Do people act more friendly as you've had a while to chat with them before running into them, or do people generally use it to set up ambushes and lure people in?

If you know the people then yea it's great but if you don't...well there just there to kill you...

I never use public TS servers in games with VOIP. I just don't see the point... I'm pretty sure that those guys just wanted you to alt + tab so that they could kill you.

Edited by Mos1ey

I never use public TS servers in games with VOIP. I just don't see the point... I'm pretty sure that those guys just wanted you to alt + tab so that they could kill you.

I agree with you when you say they probs wanted to kill him while alt-tabbed.

However, the reason people use TS on games with VoIP is 'cuz chatting with the game's VoIP can easily throw away your position to anyone that you can't see, but that is close-by (obviously talkin' about DayZ right now :P)

I agree with you when you say they probs wanted to kill him while alt-tabbed.

However, the reason people use TS on games with VoIP is 'cuz chatting with the game's VoIP can easily throw away your position to anyone that you can't see, but that is close-by (obviously talkin' about DayZ right now :P)

Yeah, I have my own TS server and I use that with my friends. I don't know why people use TS servers provided by game server owners though. :S