gibonez

Great Imgur overview of the upcoming weapon CZ 527

I think you need a girlfriend. You like guns a little too much.

I think you are talking to the wrong person....

Also WTF? .233? Why a rabbit round? It should be using the 7.62x39.

Maybe, MAYBE JUST MAYBE. He has a girlfriend and firearms are his hobby? It's like people can't have multiple interests or something. 

Apparently pussy should be on a guys minds 24/7 forever. When in reality it's more like 18/4

• Like 5

Maybe, MAYBE JUST MAYBE. He has a girlfriend and firearms are his hobby? It's like people can't have multiple interests or something. 

Apparently pussy should be on a guys minds 24/7 forever. When in reality it's more like 18/4

My other hobby is mountain biking too :)

• Like 1

My other hobby is mountain biking too :)

TIs' a good hobby. I approve, since I do the same myself, albeit with a shit bike because rent and bills are the ever encroaching monster that keeps me up at night.

TIs' a good hobby. I approve, since I do the same myself, albeit with a shit bike because rent and bills are the ever encroaching monster that keeps me up at night.

Years ago when I first got into riding single track I started off with an old huffy I had. Broke it in 2 weeks and had to walk the bike back to my car 4 miles.

The next weekend  I got myself a mid tier Trek love it and it did not break the bank. Although I totally get what you mean some of the high end mountain bikes are insanely expensive .

Yeah, my bike is an 800$ish Norco. I ride her gently due to the fear that I may break her. Makes riding some of the better hills a pain since I can't really be careless. 

Norco isn't bad, but isn't the greatest. I like it though, it's not a bad bike.

I think you are talking to the wrong person....

Also WTF? .233? Why a rabbit round? It should be using the 7.62x39.

Who should I be talking to?

It was a joke man.

I mean, yeah, it's a cool gun that is inbound.

But this is what I was talking about. Just posting what's essentially a CZ brochure for a weapon in the real-world doesn't do anything for the discussion of DayZ.

This belongs on TFB. Not DayZ forum.

I mean, yeah, it's a cool gun that is inbound.

But this is what I was talking about. Just posting what's essentially a CZ brochure for a weapon in the real-world doesn't do anything for the discussion of DayZ.

This belongs on TFB. Not DayZ forum.

Nobody is even going into the specifics of the gun just a heads up on whats coming for those inclined to read it.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Nobody is even going into the specifics of the gun just a heads up on whats coming for those inclined to read it.

Nothing more, nothing less.

But it's not, though.

This is documentation of the intricacies of a real-world object in relation to its real-world use. In DayZ, they're just pixels. The specifics of the weapon in the real world do not apply to DayZ, or any video game for that matter. Because they're rendering a stand-in for an object, not the object itself. We can't therefore take a real-world depiction of something, and suppose that "it will work like this in-game." The information then becomes useless to us as members of DayZ forum.

DayZ isn't concerned with what the safety of the weapon looks like when it's engaged/disengaged.

DayZ isn't concerned with the fact that the magazine is single-stack.

DayZ isn't concerned with the fact that the magazine drops "directly down" instead of being rocked into position.

DayZ isn't concerned with removing the bolt and inspecting the chamber.

DayZ isn't concerned with reassembling the rifle.

Everything that this article is doing, is just a review and/or manual of arms of the weapon. That's all. It'd be like if I posted Martha Stewart's Recipe for Braised Rabbit Stew with Carrots, because rabbits are represented in-game. Or an anatomical diagram of a deer, simply because they're in-game.

Edited by Katana67

WTF is this another useless weapon. I bet the devs put a sniper scope on this like they did the AKM. Really!!!

I hope it's basically just another Mosin instead of a long range Sporter...

Although it could be funny to use a 30 round mag and rain down all 30 pellets on someone 1000m away.

It could be a good hunting weapon, I guess. Instead of using your heavy ammo just shoot deer right in the head(when they're not one shot kill anyway)

I'd rather it just be another Mosin skin though just for some variety we have two automatic rifles now two bolt actions would be great.

But it's not, though.

This is documentation of the intricacies of a real-world object in relation to its real-world use. In DayZ, they're just pixels. The specifics of the weapon in the real world do not apply to DayZ, or any video game for that matter. Because they're rendering a stand-in for an object, not the object itself. We can't therefore take a real-world depiction of something, and suppose that "it will work like this in-game." The information then becomes useless to us as members of DayZ forum.

DayZ isn't concerned with what the safety of the weapon looks like when it's engaged/disengaged.

DayZ isn't concerned with the fact that the magazine is single-stack.

DayZ isn't concerned with the fact that the magazine drops "directly down" instead of being rocked into position.

DayZ isn't concerned with removing the bolt and inspecting the chamber.

DayZ isn't concerned with reassembling the rifle.

Everything that this article is doing, is just a review and/or manual of arms of the weapon. That's all. It'd be like if I posted Martha Stewart's Recipe for Braised Rabbit Stew with Carrots, because rabbits are represented in-game. Or an anatomical diagram of a deer, simply because they're in-game.

You are digging way too deep on this one.

Its basically just really well done screen shots on an upcoming gun. Thats all.

Merely there for those remotely interested in knowing what a cz 527 is.

You are digging way too deep on this one.

Its basically just really well done screen shots on an upcoming gun. Thats all.

Merely there for those remotely interested in knowing what a cz 527 is.

Okay then, here's an anatomical diagram of a deer. Which is in DayZ.

deer.jpg

Even though it's just rendered as a DEER inasmuch as DayZ is concerned, not a DEER w/ heart, brain, muscles, intestines, vertebrae, etc.

In other words, you're just putting up inapplicable information to DayZ based on a loose connection to the CZ 527 being in-game.

If you were to make the argument that these aspects of a CZ 527 should be represented in DayZ then it would be a different story. But you're not.

• Like 1

Also WTF? .233? Why a rabbit round?

Guns that use 7.62x39 in DayZ:

SKS and AKM

Guns that use 5.56x45 in DayZ:

M4A1

That's why

Guns that use 7.62x39 in DayZ:

SKS and AKM

Guns that use 5.56x45 in DayZ:

M4A1

That's why

Guns which are only found at helicopter crashes, vice all over the place:

M4A1

Very nice floor you have there. I approve.

Not my floor found this on reddit.

I would like to own the 7.62x39 version one day though its a really nice looking gun.

Guns which are only found at helicopter crashes, vice all over the place:

M4A1

Yep, and since the ammunition is only found at military spawns and helicopter crashes... I figure that will change though since this uses detachable magazines, which come filled and should spawn in civilian locations. It's also pretty weak given it's a bolt action rifle, FNX or Magnum both have over 25% more damage, SKS over 40%, Mosin and Blaser 125% more.

Yep, and since the ammunition is only found at military spawns and helicopter crashes... I figure that will change though since this uses detachable magazines, which come filled and should spawn in civilian locations. It's also pretty weak given it's a bolt action rifle, FNX or Magnum both have over 25% more damage, SKS over 40%, Mosin and Blaser 125% more.

Yeah, which will make the resupply, and therefore the use, of the supposedly rare M4A1 inconsequential if 5.56x45 has to be spawning elsewhere to supply the "common" CZ 527.

I'd rather they have the CZ 527 in 7.62x39, as it is not supplying the now-rarest weapon in the game in addition. They, in my opinion, should be leaving 5.56x45 to supply the NATO weapons and that's pretty much it (with a few exceptions).

Granted, this is a side-issue, but I'm not sure the M4A1 warrants being a crash-only spawn based upon how good it is, or what it allows the player to do. I'm not just talking about the fact that the M4A1 isn't any good now. I'm talking about it, as a concept, doesn't have as huge an advantage (if any in-game) over things like the SKS, AKM, and Mosin. By my own account, it's just patently worse than the first two.

So, the only reason I can see it being a crash-only spawn in the future is for posterity - in keeping the NATO spawns rare (which I support). But from a perspective of "making good things rare," it doesn't make much sense to me. Sure it's modular, but that's only one part of what I believe should qualify something as a "rare item."

I guess this is all a bit academic at this point, pending the later balance of everything.

Edited by Katana67