Slyguy65

DCing from snipers, snipers complaining.

Implying that every sniper achieved his position by server hopping....

Implying that exploiting is justified because someone else (MIGHT HAVE) used another exploit against you....

Gentlemen, know your enemy:

Case 1

Yosdiel: "as50 46 murders and counting.. i really hope to see u in my scope, u wont have a chance to dc for ur friends to help u ;( cry about it.. ur post is a mass hypocritical rage!! u complain about snipers hunting while u r dcing to dodge death... rage more plix plox its entertaining.."

Here, we have a CoD kiddie, attracted to DayZ because it gives the highest reward (permadeath of the target) for the least skill (sniping) with the smallest risk (being 500x metres away). As an added indication of their arrested development, note how this person is also a moron - indicated by their inability to express themselves with the proper use of spelling and grammar.

Case 2

Slyguy65: "DCing from snipers, snipers complaining. Its funny".

A cheat.

To the OP:

Yeah, rocket's specifically said that DC'ing to avoid death is an exploit, so I'd stop doing that if I were you. Or not, whatever. I'm sure he'll close the exploit sooner or later, so if you want to keep doing it till then, knock yourself out.

I find this funny!! In my experience its the terrible snipers that d/c the most. They miss then pee their pants and d/c. Also' date=' am i the only one that thinks the amount of sniper rifles in the game are excessive?

[/quote']

Actually, sniper rifles (or at least scoped hunting rifles) should be the most common weapon in the game. Or possibly the 2nd most common after hunting shotguns.

As an example, I come from a family of hunters. My dad has 6 scoped rifles in his house (4 large caliber sniper-equivalents for deer/elk hunting, and 2 .22 caliber rifles for small game) and 6 shotguns (2 12 gauge semi-autos, 1 20 gauge semi auto, 1 double barrel 20 gauge, 1 break action [single shot] 20 gauge and 1 break action 410) beyond that, he only owns 2 nonscoped rifles (a muzzle loader and a .22 with iron sights) and two pistols. (a 9mm and a .22 revolver)

Scoped rifles and shotguns should be everywhere, with assault weapons being quite rare. As it is now, I have an easier time finding assault weapons than a simple scoped hunting rifle, which seems silly to me. I feel that there should be more alternatives to the CZ for scoped hunting rifles, and that the CZ should also be significantly more common. (more on par with the double barrel shotgun) Also, I'd like more hunting shotguns to be added to the game. 5 round semi autos are fairly common.

Then again, I realize this is an alpha mod, so I expect weapon variety and such is probably not high on the docket just yet.

Always stay in the trees. 99% of the players in this game can't hit shit through trees. If you absolutely must run through an open field, make sure you have a ton of smoke grenades and there are no zombies nearby. :P

Why is it OK for bandits to whine about things survivors do but when survivors whine about wanting to punish bandits its taboo.

because the option for people to kill other people is one core purpose of this mod.

thus, meaning: if you dont have the option because the other person just hits the tail between the legs and disconnects, this mod lacks purpose.

one of them is exploiting, the other is not. if you have to use exploits to win a game, then its time to find another game. period!

I can't speak for everyone else, but I sit in a good spot watching a likely point of egress for at least an hour. Most kills are in fact players who are sloppy. I know for certain I miss plenty of good players who stick to cover, follow tree lines, etc. If you are motionless long enough or move predicitably enough, you die, that's the game.

Even nwaf, I get the guys running across the tarmac drawing zombies into the firehouse to shoot them when they slow down. I don't get the guy sneaking in the trees to the barracks or using cover to make it into the air tower or firehouse.

Be aware of your surroundings, think before you leave cover, and even the best sniper with the strongest rifle can't touch you. If you are worried, scout around the long way before you go somewhere, or god forbid you go somewhere else. I've gone to the airfield, checked barracks, and got a bad feeling about the hangers so I just left.

What's funny is the people hating on this guy for Alt F4ing have more than likely done it. Quitchurbitchin'.

i love how all you guys complain but really if u want to survive find a group and stop crying

Ban please, one more d/cing coward out of the DayZ community.

Thank you

Just like flipping the table when you are losing at scrabble does not earn you a fucking triple word score.

Try telling my grandmother that.

.... I sit in a good spot watching a likely point of egress for at least an hour. Most kills are in fact players who are sloppy. I know for certain I miss plenty of good players who stick to cover' date=' follow tree lines, etc. If you are motionless long enough or move predicitably enough, you die, that's the game.

[/quote']

Translation: I shoot noobs.

Lol, well noobs don't hide, so they have to die. Survival of the fittest. Besides, you get better by learning from your mistakes. I'm training a generation of better survivalists haha ^_^

Lol' date=' well noobs don't hide, so they have to die. Survival of the fittest. Besides, you get better by learning from your mistakes. I'm training a generation of better survivalists haha ^_^

[/quote']

Good point, actually.

Thinking about it, one of the reasons I like DayZ is the sheer terror you get from playing it. The possibility of dying at any moment adds a certain frission not available elswhere .... a big part of that is the thought that you might be in someone's crosshairs at any given moment.

In a way, you snipers are doing a valuable public service. I'd miss them if they were gone.

So can you really get banned for this, or is it just something people say because they think it will help somehow? Like ppl might suddenly be too scared to do it or something.

Yeah. Even with a great sniper rifle and the thermal scoped l85a2 I'm still terrified when I move up to loot or find a new spot after I take out a target.

Especially in high traffic areas like nwaf. I have no way of knowing if there is another player just meters away in a tree, or someone sneaking to the airfield from behind me. Every time I shoot I immediately switch to my 1911 and check around me for incoming threats.

Actually there was this one time I was at neaf and was about to shoot, and my target just dropped and I heard a shot from near by. The sniper only got one of the two guys though so I didn't expose my position. Eventually he ran down and got killed at close range bye the guy he shot's partner haha.

Someone once said it's dangerous at night. I say it's dangerous at day. In the night time it's much easier to avoid bandits and loot. In the day time i just like to hike north, maybe work on some vehicle.

I think a lot of snipers here are under the false impression that Slyguy is insulting their playstyle. Here's how it goes: If you don't whine and complain about targets DC'ing, then he ain't talking about you. He's talking about those who do. And (while I don't DC), he is exploiting a glitch, it isn't really anything to hide. PLENTY of people do it- too many to all be punished.

That's like saying speeding is okay because everyone does it. Inability to enforce for everyone is not an excuse for people to do it. Try telling a cop you were just going 85 in a 60 because everyone else does it too. Lol

In DayZ you have a single objective and that objective is to survive. Regardless of how you try to rationalize disconnecting to avoid death you are exploiting and breaking the game. What's the point of playing if any chance you might die you just 'lolno' and hit the abort button?

"But I had good shit!"

That's nice. Death is frequent and quick in DayZ. Loot is equally easy to come by. I don't care when I die, I might be momentarily saddened at losing a nice weapon, but I get over it because I know I'm going to get all my shit back eventually.

Sure, I'll be bummed for a few minutes when I finally get killed and lose my M107, NVG, GPS, and ghillie, but I make enough trips to the NWAF that I'm guaranteed to get everything back at some point. Also the M107 is pretty underwhelming. I mean, it's fun to shoot, but as a dedicated sniper support/OW weapon it severely lacks.

There are three reasons for a sniper to pull the trigger:

1) To remove a potential threat from the field of play

2) To +1 an artificial stat with no regard for the emotional response of the other human being involved

3) For the express purpose of eliciting a negative emotional response from the other human being involved

For those that fall into category 1' date=' the DCer has done them a service. He/she has removed him/herself from the field of play. Upon careful reflection, there should be no reaction on the part of the sniper aside from a mild sense of pity for the DCer and his/her cowardice.

It is only those snipers that fall into categories 2 and 3 who may be angry with the DCer. I'm all for anything that makes them angry. I hope they get angry enough to go find another game. So kudos to the DCers who tarnish their experience.

[/quote']

What if I want his weapons / loot ? You NEVER thought of that, right ?

Actually I did think of that, but it was well after I had posted. So I thought I'd wait to see if anyone would notice. Kudos to you, my friend, for actually reading the whole post, thinking about what was written, and discovering a flaw in my reasoning. I stand by the rest of my remarks, however.

And no, I do not use/abuse this exploit.