Slyguy65

DCing from snipers, snipers complaining.

I'll leave you with this OP' date=' your wrong, for several reasons and on all counts. Hopefully in time you will come to realise this on your own.

[/quote']

Your...

Your....

Your wrong...

Your wrong, what???

You are...

You re...

'

'

You're....

You+are...

You're...

Wrong...

you alt f4' date=' you stand u and look stupid for 60 secs. 20 second timer to logout safely if you havent taken damage within the last 10 mins. You are bound to current server for 30 mins if you've opened loot. Fixes a horde of problems and the fps crybabys go back to cod.

[/quote']

This post kills kittens.

There are three reasons for a sniper to pull the trigger:

1) To remove a potential threat from the field of play

2) To +1 an artificial stat with no regard for the emotional response of the other human being involved

3) For the express purpose of eliciting a negative emotional response from the other human being involved

For those that fall into category 1, the DCer has done them a service. He/she has removed him/herself from the field of play. Upon careful reflection, there should be no reaction on the part of the sniper aside from a mild sense of pity for the DCer and his/her cowardice.

It is only those snipers that fall into categories 2 and 3 who may be angry with the DCer. I'm all for anything that makes them angry. I hope they get angry enough to go find another game. So kudos to the DCers who tarnish their experience.

2) To +1 an artificial stat with no regard for the emotional response of the other human being involved

3) For the express purpose of eliciting a negative emotional response from the other human being involved

No regard for the emotional response, jesus christ. Are we seriously at the point now where we talk about the emotional impact of PVP? Really?

I was playing in a Seattle server a day or 2 ago and a guy got banned for disconnecting in the middle of a gun fight. I don't know how the BattleEye stuff works, if it was the admin's doing or what, but the chat box lit up with red text from the BattleEye client saying he was banned, his IP was submitted, etc etc.

TL;DR

Keep disconnecting.

In my many years playing this game series. I have found that those who seek to be 'sniperz'' date=' are normally the youngest, least skilled, least competent, least mature, least patient players in the entire community, and therefore those least suited to the role of being a sniper. Especially in a serious arma group that uses snipers.

I avoid both player sniping for no particular reason, as well as dc'ing. But the vast majority of players who specifically seek to become 'sniperz' in this mod, are generally far more cowardly than your average DC'er.

[/quote']

owned

Sounds like someone got killed by a sniper /boohoo

In all seriousness' date=' I usually play with a group of 4 people and we have 2 guys running in the ground-level and 2 snipers on the high ground spotting and providing support. Makes the game so much more fun to play.

[/quote']

We do this too. A group of 6. 3 snipers. 1 fire support/lookout on a seperate location / close by. & 2 Assault Rifle mid/cqb slingers.

SNIPERZZ SUK!!! "found an SVD" SCRAAP DAT!!

That's what these threads imply.

I am one of the few cautious players. I don't mind staking out a town or a location for 10 minutes to become aware of my surroundings before risking my life and sniper scope helps with that.

But HEY! Why lie next to a tree for 10 minutes if you can simply run through the field and disconnect when you attract a single zombie or hear a single shot?

Because there are 2 categories of players: the ones that DC (for lootz, avoiding death, disappearing a single agroed zombie), and the ones that do NOT, EVER.

The latter have much more fun within the game. Why? Same reason why you don't download a trainer for a newly released game. You either 10, or you have already beaten it. Has OP beaten DayZ and is so bored he would rather engage in dimensional hopping than play the game as it is meant to be played? Or is he 10...

And don't even get me started on the "i disconnect so my friends can help me" bullshit. You lie in a bush, play dead and pray for your friends to reach you before the sniper does, not hop dimensions!

No regard for the emotional response' date=' jesus christ. Are we seriously at the point now where we talk about the emotional impact of PVP? Really?

[/quote']

Certainly you are aware that the other digital humans running around in your game are being controlled by actual human beings? Human beings that have emotional responses to the goings-on inside the game? And that your in-game actions have an impact on these other people?

So as a moral person, you probably feel some responsibility for your actions and their effects on other people. Or at the very least you're aware of that your decisions affect them. I'm not saying that one decision is "better" than another. I'm just saying that the moral decisions you make in this game are actually moral decisions in real life.*

This isn't some fantasy world in which you get to roleplay a bad guy while maintaining good guy status in real life. The fact that there are other people involved means that you actually are a bad guy. Now I'm not even trying to suggest that there is some kind of equality of goodness and badness between the in-game actions and their real-world equivalents (though some are equal). Killing someone in the game is clearly not as bad as killing someone in real life. But there is proportionality.

But I digress. regarding your original question. Yes, we are at the point where we're talking about the emotional impact of PvP. Every third topic in this forum is about the emotional impact of PvP. Or haven't you been paying attention? If you go over to the Bandit forum, it's closer to being all of the topics. And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't good games in general and this one in particular suppose to be about eliciting an emotional response?

*In this day and age, there is absolutely no distinction among thinking adults between online interactions and "real life". People are people, regardless of whether they are in physical proximity to you.

No regard for the emotional response' date=' jesus christ. Are we seriously at the point now where we talk about the emotional impact of PVP? Really?

[/quote']

Certainly you are aware that the other digital humans running around in your game are being controlled by actual human beings? Human beings that have emotional responses to the goings-on inside the game? And that your in-game actions have an impact on these other people?

So as a moral person, you probably feel some responsibility for your actions and their effects on other people. Or at the very least you're aware of that your decisions affect them. I'm not saying that one decision is "better" than another. I'm just saying that the moral decisions you make in this game are actually moral decisions in real life.*

This isn't some fantasy world in which you get to roleplay a bad guy while maintaining good guy status in real life. The fact that there are other people involved means that you actually are a bad guy. Now I'm not even trying to suggest that there is some kind of equality of goodness and badness between the in-game actions and their real-world equivalents (though some are equal). Killing someone in the game is clearly not as bad as killing someone in real life. But there is proportionality.

But I digress. regarding your original question. Yes, we are at the point where we're talking about the emotional impact of PvP. Every third topic in this forum is about the emotional impact of PvP. Or haven't you been paying attention? If you go over to the Bandit forum, it's closer to being all of the topics. And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't good games in general and this one in particular suppose to be about eliciting an emotional response?

*In this day and age, there is absolutely no distinction among thinking adults between online interactions and "real life". People are people, regardless of whether they are in physical proximity to you.

Only the worst type of person would ever bring their feelings into the discussion of a game mechanic on an online forum. Seriously.

I'll leave you with this OP' date=' your wrong, for several reasons and on all counts. Hopefully in time you will come to realise this on your own.

[/quote']

grammar-nazi2.jpg

Your...

Your....

Your wrong...

Your wrong, what???

You are...

You re...

'

'

You're....

You+are...

You're...

Wrong...

Only the worst type of person would ever bring their feelings into the discussion of a game mechanic on an online forum. Seriously.

My first post is a legitimate reply to the topic, which is about the abuse of a particular game mechanic. The post includes my take on how the abuse affects some of the parties involved as well as my feelings about how they are affected.

On the other hand, your reply to my post had nothing to do with the topic or the parts of my post which addressed the topic. You raised the (rather loaded) question of whether we as a community are considering the emotional responses that people are having to PvP (and, by extension, to the game in general). I found that to be an interesting question and chose to address it here rather than open a new topic.

I apologize to the OP if he feels his topic has been hijacked.

This thread is sad.

Because i went to NE airfield with 2 mates and we got shot at from the hill by a sniper. While one of us got hit but crawled behind a wall, i tried to flank around the other side but got shot in the leg aswell, rolling down a hill to safety and morphine and bandage myself. Meanwhile the third of us made it around that hill to hunt him down but found nothing.

Why DC on getting sniped at? Disconnecting ruins the game entirely, it takes all the consequences of your actions away.Thats the fun part of the game, not getting all the cool gear and keep it forever. If a sniper shoots you, its your fault for being exposed to him, not his for having fun at the hunt.

I was a sniper, I shot an other sniper (twice), and he DCed.

What do you say to this?

Players characters should stay in the game if they have been damaged by a player in the last 30 seconds.

Admittedly, I should have gone for a headshot, he was 330 meters out, and I had a M24. But this was the first (and last) time shooting it.

I find this funny!! In my experience its the terrible snipers that d/c the most. They miss then pee their pants and d/c. Also, am i the only one that thinks the amount of sniper rifles in the game are excessive?

as50 46 murders and counting.. i really hope to see u in my scope, u wont have a chance to dc for ur friends to help u ;( cry about it.. ur post is a mass hypocritical rage!! u complain about snipers hunting while u r dcing to dodge death... rage more plix plox its entertaining..

ps i got to balota airfield and nw airfield just for kills i don't even loot pl.. I just want my murder digits to go up.. I enjoy doing this its what I find fun in this game.. if u don't like it don't do it!! but I like it along with many other assholes out there... deal with it or don't play.. this whole game is a big F*** y**.. I can play and survive for 100 days and u run in to wrong house and someone with a makarov will hit u in the head twice and poof start over!!

Its funny

Why? Well cause the sniper is hiding....waiting with the SOLE INTENT to kill another PERSON.

The victim (most of the time) is just surviving when they are shot. Them DC'ing is just them playing their play style (surviving not hunting).

What makes it comedy gold though is that the snipers are the ones complaining the most...not the ones being shot' date=' mainly they complain about how they don't get the kill =/ (how bout you not suck at sniping and get them in the head then)

Have i DC'd from a sniper before, yep. What when you have helicopter crash gear and you get shot at by some guy who just wants to kill you for the fuck of it and you have FRIENDS who can save you. Why not.

It is a nice balance because most of the sniper people are lone wolves who have no friends....sooo ya if i have friends why not use them by having them save me....im just doing what the game wants me to do and FIND ways to COOPERATE through my own means?

LONG STORY SHORT

Why is it OK for bandits to whine about things survivors do but when survivors whine about wanting to punish bandits its taboo.

P.S Im not against PVP hell i kill people too but i don't camp at a high traffic area just to kill for the fuck of it either .... real pvp is not allowing them time to disconnect. If they can disconnect you failed...not them.

[/quote']

There are three reasons for a sniper to pull the trigger:

1) To remove a potential threat from the field of play

For those that fall into category 1' date=' the DCer has done them a service. He/she has removed him/herself from the field of play. Upon careful reflection, there should be no reaction on the part of the sniper aside from a mild sense of pity for the DCer and his/her cowardice.

It is only those snipers that fall into categories 2 and 3 who may be angry with the DCer. I'm all for anything that makes them angry. I hope they get angry enough to go find another game. So kudos to the DCers who tarnish their experience.

[/quote']

OMG. What if I want his weapons / loot ? You NEVER thought of that, right ? Another exploiting scumbag.

How about being aware of your suroundings and avoid those snipers instead of using an exploit?

completely retarded post considering the scope of the play area. this isn't a cod map. gtfo. why don't you practice that "being aware of everything" next time you decide to go to the nw airfield.

Could not disagree more, snipers are part of the game. If you are going into a high density area, scout the obvious spots around it. It only takes a minute and chances are you'll find someone and get some legit gear.. Disconnecting on the other hand is pathetic. Cannot wait for the logout timer to be put in place. There is nothing wrong with disconnecting after the timer however.

I'll stop logging out to avoid zombie death when they stop magically sensing me and hittign me through the floor below me. I have never logged out to avoid pvp after the battle has been engaged though. that's just not cool.

"Could not disagree more, snipers are part of the game. If you are going into a high density area, scout the obvious spots around it. It only takes a minute and chances are you'll find someone and get some legit gear."

That might be true IF snipers didn't lay in those spots then hop servers to find victims.

completely retarded post considering the scope of the play area. this isn't a cod map. gtfo. why don't you practice that "being aware of everything" next time you decide to go to the nw airfield.

It's called sweeping the perimeter.

as50 46 murders and counting.. i really hope to see u in my scope' date=' u wont have a chance to dc for ur friends to help u ;( cry about it.. ur post is a mass hypocritical rage!! u complain about snipers hunting while u r dcing to dodge death... rage more plix plox its entertaining..

ps i got to balota airfield and nw airfield just for kills i don't even loot pl.. I just want my murder digits to go up.. I enjoy doing this its what I find fun in this game.. if u don't like it don't do it!! but I like it along with many other assholes out there... deal with it or don't play.. this whole game is a big F*** y**.. I can play and survive for 100 days and u run in to wrong house and someone with a makarov will hit u in the head twice and poof start over!!

Its funny

Why? Well cause the sniper is hiding....waiting with the SOLE INTENT to kill another PERSON.

The victim (most of the time) is just surviving when they are shot. Them DC'ing is just them playing their play style (surviving not hunting).

What makes it comedy gold though is that the snipers are the ones complaining the most...not the ones being shot, mainly they complain about how they don't get the kill =/ (how bout you not suck at sniping and get them in the head then)

Have i DC'd from a sniper before, yep. What when you have helicopter crash gear and you get shot at by some guy who just wants to kill you for the fuck of it and you have FRIENDS who can save you. Why not.

It is a nice balance because most of the sniper people are lone wolves who have no friends....sooo ya if i have friends why not use them by having them save me....im just doing what the game wants me to do and FIND ways to COOPERATE through my own means?

LONG STORY SHORT

Why is it OK for bandits to whine about things survivors do but when survivors whine about wanting to punish bandits its taboo.

P.S Im not against PVP hell i kill people too but i don't camp at a high traffic area just to kill for the fuck of it either .... real pvp is not allowing them time to disconnect. If they can disconnect you failed...not them.

Could not disagree more' date=' snipers are part of the game. If you are going into a high density area, scout the obvious spots around it. It only takes a minute and chances are you'll find someone and get some legit gear.. Disconnecting on the other hand is pathetic. Cannot wait for the logout timer to be put in place. There is nothing wrong with disconnecting after the timer however.

[/quote']

There are three types of players in DayZ. The hardcore players who kill when we need to, die when it's our time, and don't feel bad about it. We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. The Scavngers running into the airfield thinking that it's a beautiful day, and the flowers are in bloom then they disco when shots get fired are pussies. The Bandits hopping form server to server who kill for laughs are assholes. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

Them DC'ing is just them playing their play style

facepalm_homer9be1.jpg

Ambushing someone in a known high-traffic area is a tactic

Being a faggot by hitting the Abort button is not

Them DC'ing is just them playing their play style

facepalm_homer9be1.jpg

Ambushing someone in a known high-traffic area is a tactic

Being a faggot by hitting the Abort button is not

Yes because every sniper ONLY sets in that one spot on ONE server right? They couldn't possibly be logging from server to server popping people who have probably already scouted the area right?