FaLLacy

Waiting for server reponse (v1.5.7)

I'm not saying that the guy (or guys) who made this are *add your insult here*' date=' actually the guy is awesome for doing this, but for CHrist's sake, couldn't you pick a different day for this problem? :-D

[/quote']

Are you suggesting that this patch should have had more testing before being mandatory for most servers?

...if the character server being overloaded is indeed responsible, then it's sudden popularity could be to blame, haha.

They may need more time to work on the server to handle this much traffic/data.

Are you suggesting that this patch should have had more testing before being mandatory for most servers?

I was actually more or less ironic and talking about this "coincidence" then this guy's fault. In fact, I'm not even sure that this a problem of that patch, but something with servers itself as I was able to connect for a very short time earlier today (then I've quit it myself thinking I'll play it later).

IT'S ALREADY WORKING, WHEEEEEEE :-D

I'm just wondering if it is purely server load at the moment?...

The mod got a lot of publicity lately on the likes of kotaku and i noticed the dayzmod.com homepage is offline now

maybe it's been taken down to stop people getting the mod until the issue is sorted?

I'm starting to think it is strictly a server load/bandwith issue :3 If it is rocket should open donations for today for his birthday. we could all give him a nice little birthday present :P

Having all the character data stored in a single database accessed by every server and every player connected to a server was certainly not the greatest development choice. Sure, it enables persistence across all servers, but it makes logging on to any server really, really frustrating, slow, and glitchy.

Pyramid networking with a single database at the top? It turned buying the game for a mod into an accidental pyramid scheme; at least until they fix it or change the networking model.

If you guys are EU, try getting on US servers. I 99% hang at waiting for server response on EU servers but get into US servers fine.

been playing since friday

never had 'waiting for server response' be anything but a server-specific issue

until this morning

I had two hours to play this morning - got straight in, played for half an hour and then didn't get a message for 90 seconds

then I spent an hour and a half waiting for a response on every server I tried

right now Day Z has the lowest population I have ever seen so it is certainly not a load-related issue

like the chap above, I can get into american servers but EU ones are locked out accross the boards

and the first american server I got into reset my save by 12 hours, costing me the 24-slot pack, map, compass, knife, matches and three bandit kills I had earnt in the mean time

love Day Z, will forgive anything, understand people getting pissed off at this shit

Doesn't matter what servers I try, US or EU; they all give me the indefinite "Waiting for server response" message.