FaLLacy

Waiting for server reponse (v1.5.7)

Hi on the previous patches (1.5.6) and prior I would only get this message when there was something messed up with the server and no one could play on it. Now I am (a long with others apparently) getting this for every server I join. It's not a loading time issue (haven't had any hardware issues with this game and have waited x amount of minutes on a variety of servers), and its not that the server is broken because people are able to play. Just was wondering if anyone who has been getting this found a work around?

Ok well I finally got a different occurrence. Waited for like 15 minutes (for like the 3rd time >.>) and finally loaded. But now i'm stuck in the "bug forest" as its been nicknamed. So far nothing else has changed.

I tried like 50 servers in a row (really, no kidding) and I was not able to join in any of those. When I tried it a little earlier today, two servers worked for me - but there was nightime on one and on thr second one I repeatdly got a "you have the wrong version" message. So thinking "it works!" i turned it off and went away. When I came back later, I had the same problem as you. Not a single server is joinable for me. I bought Arma 2 CO for 25 euros just for this mod and guess what, It doesn't work. it makes me mad as hell. I'll wait a few hours and try later..

Got on last night once and now I get the same thing. Of course I can log in when it's pitch black... >_

roiser i do believe you... been doing the same thing. but i don't believe its a server issue... Pretty sure its something that the last patch has messed up. If it was a server issue it wouldn't make sense that some players can get on and others can't. All comes down to what changed really... the version of the game itself >.> also i do not know if it is or isn't. but the forums/main page kept going up and down repeatedly earlier for about 20 mins or so...

is the main DayZ server down or something ?

I believe kind sir you have hit the nail on the head, it's a case of waiting for the main server to come back online. Grab something to eat and a cup of tea because it may take a while.

Well if its the main server are people just getting hiccuped in or something and thats why some people can play and others can't? and if it is all the zombies being spawned... well that would be a simple fix -.-

The people who are playing now without a problem were probably already on when the servers went down. It's probably only affecting the people logging in while it's down.

This is, of course, pure speculation.

I just left it on the "Waiting for server response" screen for a while and it did eventually get past that.

However like the OP said, I'm now also stuck in "bug forest"

From my point of view it's just the main server containing character data has gone offline, so the people who are currently playing probably logged on before the server went down. The zombie spawns and what not are handled per server I think, not handled by the main server so they should have no effect on this issue.

This is why everyone is getting stuck on waiting for server response because the main server holding the character data isn't receiving the request and sending back the data required for you to play.

Like I said, just a case of waiting for the server to come back up.

I just left it on the "Waiting for server response" screen for a while and it did eventually get past that.

However like the OP said' date=' I'm now also stuck in "bug forest"

[/quote']

The "bug forest" I think may be to do with a hiccup or a timeout from waiting so it just dumps you off in the "bug forest" which is basically the location your character starts before being teleported to the location saved on the main server.

well seems like a good theory and the front page being messed up is only more proof for it... looks like we might as bend over and take it for god knows how long...

I re-downloaded and install all the DayZ files, and im getting the same thing.

All the Beta servers need to be reset or something, because its not clientside.

Same problem im not getting past Waiting for server response, im just going stay connected to a server and see what happens.

was about to say the same thing colonel, everyone try to play and report results here