Sign in to follow this  
PySHD

Modular AUG and UN chopper crashes

To expand the detailed and ever growing world of DayZ I'd like to introduce the idea of a modular weapon to the game: the Steyr AUG. So, much like real life, you'd be able to modify your AUG to the liking of your play style, choosing between parts for an LMG, AR, SMG, or Sniper rifle. It would spawn as one of the previously mentioned models, and you can remove the parts and modify from there (or keep it like it is). This would add more diversity to the game without having to add several different weapons. These would spawn in UN chopper crashes, which would replace the US chopper crashes, and could come with weapons like the L86A1 from the UK, the SG552 from Switzerland, G3A3 from Germany, M1014 from Italy, and the Famas from France. Again these'd only spawn in chopper crashes so they'd be pretty rare.

Please let me know what you think of this idea, and if you have anything to add/modify.

Also, please don't be that guy and just say "This is dumb.", because fuck that guy, he's a dick.

• Like 7

I like those ideas. :thumbsup:  Diversity is always welcome and this makes things more interesting too.

To expand the detailed and ever growing world of DayZ I'd like to introduce the idea of a modular weapon to the game: the Steyr AUG. So, much like real life, you'd be able to modify your AUG to the liking of your play style, choosing between parts for an LMG, AR, SMG, or Sniper rifle. It would spawn as one of the previously mentioned models, and you can remove the parts and modify from there (or keep it like it is). This would add more diversity to the game without having to add several different weapons. These would spawn in UN chopper crashes, which would replace the US chopper crashes, and could come with weapons like the L86A1 from the UK, the SG552 from Switzerland, G3A3 from Germany, M1014 from Italy, and the Famas from France. Again these'd only spawn in chopper crashes so they'd be pretty rare.

Please let me know what you think of this idea, and if you have anything to add/modify.

Also, please don't be that guy and just say "This is dumb.", because fuck that guy, he's a dick.

I'd love a sg552.  I was ridiculous with that in cs 1.6.  One thing I'd like to add.  Where you find guns, you usually find mags with ammo in them.  Military people carry a lot of mags with them.  Night visions would also be great for these heli crashes.  would be nice to have these things on dead bodies in the crashes.  And also, plates for the vests. 

• Like 1

Germany hardly uses the G3 anymore, and when they do, its mainly as a second line weapon. You'd be more likely to find it in the bases and camps scattered around, which is probably what it should do if they add it. The M1014 is not exclusive, either, being used by the US, UK, and by quite a few others (The 'actual' M1014 is only used by the U.S., everywhere else uses the Benelli M4 Super 90 designation)

Also, you'd be unlikely to find multinational weapons in one helicopters, typically UN groups from one country stick together. You probably wouldn't find L85s in a German UN helicopter, for instance.

SG-552 and AUG would be cool, but I think a Galil and M16A2/A1/A4 would make more sense. Not saying you couldn't have all of them, but there'd be no point in having 5 different 5.56x45mm rifles that performed essentially the same.

I'd say keep the AUG, Galil, and M16, and scrap the L85 and SG-552.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Since when did Israel supply troops to support UN operations?

Because no-one else uses the Galil...

Since when did Israel supply troops to support UN operations?

Because no-one else uses the Galil...

"no-one else uses the Galil"

Proof.pngIt's another one of those weapons like the G3A3 and FN FAL that shows up occasionally in guerrilla arms and combat alongside the countless AK variants. Not to the same extent as the former two, but you're more likely to see it than quite a lot of other guns.

Okay when I said I wanted some feedback I kind of meant about the AUG. I only tossed out those gun names as a short list of what could spawn. Also, there can be multiple choppers that were transporting multiple nationalities. And when I said the M1014 was Italian, I was talking about it's origin, not the countries that use it.

No idea on the guns, but the random chopper crashes idea is fantastic - anything to add more variation and cut down on "Oh look a Blackhawk, let's get an M4..."

- Air Ambulances; medical supplies

- News Choppers; maps, press vests, clothing, food, batteries, walkie-talkies etc.

- Privately Owned Helicopters; civilian items.

- Assorted Military Helicopters

etc.

• Like 1