Sign in to follow this  
Loopest

Descriptive item Descriptions

So, I've noticed lately that even with the larger development team, the descriptions for items are very short and are often incomplete. 

Please do lengthy item descriptions like on the SKS (not as long as the M4A1 though). This really gives an indescribable feeling to know where your weapon has come from and what it is good/originally meant for.  

Edited by Loopest

Not at all necessary. This is what bogs down development, useless suggestions like these.

Don't worry, I'm sure the devs don't read anything on here anyways.  And improving the descriptions would be nice, but my main complaint is that many weapons don't list what calibur they use... which is just silly.

Don't worry, I'm sure the devs don't read anything on here anyways.  And improving the descriptions would be nice, but my main complaint is that many weapons don't list what calibur they use... which is just silly.

Listing the caliber is unrealistic. It would be cool if they incorporated that into a skill where if you got a certain firearms skill the caliber would be listed in the guns desc. as you would have higher knowledge of firearms if you got a higher firearms skill. What are your thoughts on this.

Listing the caliber is unrealistic. It would be cool if they incorporated that into a skill where if you got a certain firearms skill the caliber would be listed in the guns desc. as you would have higher knowledge of firearms if you got a higher firearms skill. What are your thoughts on this.

90% of the time a firearm will list the caliber on the barrel. Thus the reason my Chinese manufactured Norinco Jw15A says 22LR on the barrel in English.

90% of the time a firearm will list the caliber on the barrel. Thus the reason my Chinese manufactured Norinco Jw15A says 22LR on the barrel in English.

Exactly... and the other 10% of the time you can look in the breech and at least have an idea of what size round goes in there.  I can understand not being able to tell 7.62x51 from 7.62x39 easily, but at least you could look and say "that's bigger than 5.56 but not near a shotgun."

Hello there

Im positive Item descriptions will be enlarged as we get closer to release and localisation comes into play.

IMHO the more info the better. Its how its laid out is the key thing.

Rdgs

LoK

Not at all necessary. This is what bogs down development, useless suggestions like these.

Woah, how was it useless? 

Tell me  :)

Coming from the guy who wrote an attention seeking story about people dragging him through the woods.

What's funny is the fact that dragging isn't even in the game yet!

EDIT: Hypocritical attention seeker*

Edited by Loopest