Sign in to follow this  
darthsatan

sidearm/hatchet toolbelt swap

I would love to see the hatchet swappable with your equipped sidearm on the toolbelt. there have been many times I've crawled all the way to a building, stood up in the doorway to walk in, and aggroed 1 zombie that was across the street, already having both a rifle and a pistol, then having to use all my ammo cuz as soon as I shot that 1 zombie, the whole neighborhood was running at me. but if the hatchet was considered a sidearm and my pistol was able to be holstered in the toolbelt, I could have swapped my loud pistol with my quiet hatchet and avoided using all my ammo cuz 1 zombie saw me. even if it's only "swappable" to keep people from having 10 different sidearms on their toolbelt, and only with the hatchet since it's a smaller melee weapon that has other function, is readily available, and very common.

I also mentioned this once, albeit in an update thread and not a stand-alone suggestion.

It would be very cool if the switch was done automatically, when you right click "remove from toolbelt"

As it stands right now, I usually have to drop my primary (hatchet takes up primary weapon slot, not sidearm currently) on the ground, which is terrifying in and of itself.

Also, I would like to see a second use for the crowbar, much like the way a bloody hatchet can also be used to chop wood.. not sure what that use could be, but hey.. I'm not the game designer. ;)

tl;dr

It would be awesome if the hatchet and crowbar were both sidearm weapons, and when you switch between melee/sidearm, it was done automatically. :)

well I was being a bit more specific and adding that the sidearm go into the toolbelt, but to keep players from having 5 pistols on their belt, just make it swappable, this "swap" feature could also be added to the flashlight. I just want to be able to quickly and easily use the hatchet as a melee weapon without having to drop anything else so I thought making the pistol holsterable on the toolbelt while the hatchet is in use would be the best way to go about it. also a crowbar could be used to quickly remove wire fencing, or pry open doors that could be locked or randomly rusted shut. I did several quick searches in the suggestions to see if anyone else had a similar idea but most people throw out 10 ideas at once, I just want 1 so that's all I searched for and it never turned up any threads.

Think of it as more of an axe than a hatchet and it makes sense that you couldn't easily use it along with a long gun. That aside, I could go for a another different melee weapon like maybe a hammer that could do less damage but only take up a side arm spot instead of a primary weapon spot like the axe does now.

This is what I was just thinking. Crawling through elektro. I would much rather have a melee weapon as my sidearm then a pistol.

It's the worst to run into bandits or other unfriendly people while you have only your hatchet on and nothing with some real firepower to defend yourself.

I just want to be able to quickly and easily use the hatchet as a melee weapon without having to drop anything else so I thought making the pistol holsterable on the toolbelt while the hatchet is in use would be the best way to go about it.

Im also having trouble with switching between pistol and flashlight on nighttime.

You can put your mainweapon (twohanded weapon) on your back and your sidearm in your holster. So why cant you just have them stay there, while holding a flashlight or a hatchet at the same time?

This is really one of the most annoying things, especially at nighttimes. I hope this will get "fixed" very soon.