Sign in to follow this  
TrampledByTurtles

No Backpack Perk: Slings

Weapon Slings

Some players do not use backpacks in DayZ, simply because they do not want to ruin their silhouette. To promote this, the ability to add a rope (or the actual sling for the weapon) to all weapons so they can be carried as a backpack. This would replace the ability to wear backpacks, resulting in less inventory space, restricting what a player can carry, but allows them to have a second primary weapon. But this also means there might be the insane thought of carrying 3 different weapons; to compromise, the player cannot run, leaving them very exposed to zombies and players. It would be up to the player, whether or not they use this or not.

The idea is in it's early state and can be added upon to create the ultimate idea ever. Constructive criticism is allowed and ideas the fit well may be added to the OP.

**And remember**

Don't let your kitchen sink.

Edited by Zoey4Life
  • Like 1

I'd rather see slings go in more of a " Faster " Interaction kind of direction, Don't get me wrong, Your idea is cool, And I like it.. But Irl, I carry a rifle, and a back pack, at the same time.. With ease.. 

I don't think the carrying 3 rifles, option is the right direction to take, It more so encourages DM'ing. If it were the case, I'd have an M4, AKM/SKS and Mosin..

• Like 1

I'd rather see slings go in more of a " Faster " Interaction kind of direction, Don't get me wrong, Your idea is cool, And I like it.. But Irl, I carry a rifle, and a back pack, at the same time.. With ease.. 

I don't think the carrying 3 rifles, option is the right direction to take, It more so encourages DM'ing. If it were the case, I'd have an M4, AKM/SKS and Mosin..

I wear a rucksack and a M4 with a 3-point sling all the time with no discomfort. Why shouldn't I in game?

Don't get me wrong. You can carry another gun, along with your primary.

I don't like this, I have the feeling it is only interesting for camping KoS

(Two weapons, slower running, no need to loot because no space to carry)

• Like 1

I don't like this, I have the feeling it is only interesting for camping KoS

(Two weapons, slower running, no need to loot because no space to carry)

That is true, but when DayZ becomes more survival intent, you will want to carry water, food, medical supplies, and not just rounds upon rounds of ammunition.

• Like 1

In DayZ mod every pro pvper had automatic rifle in hands and sniper rifle in backpack, just sayan

In DayZ mod every pro pvper had automatic rifle in hands and sniper rifle in backpack, just sayan

Exactly, until there is a backpack that can have a weapon inside it, besides the double barrel, this will make a plausible way to carry 2 weapons and have your hands free.