FokkeFIN

Opening canned goods without any tools. Here's how

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y

It would be awesome for this to be incorporated into DayZ as anyone can do it. You would only need either asphalt, concrete or stone surface to grind the cans open on. Now to not make matters too easy, there should also be a somewhat lenghty animation while you're doing this while generating noise in the process. This would make you momentarily vulnerable to zombies and other players but in a survival situation would be a perfectly viable option if you don't have any tools at hand.

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by FokkeFIN

This was brougt up before, also I'm fine with that if you fiddle around with your can for 2-3minutes like him and have substatinal losses.

...therefore rendering it unnecessary :P

Edited by Khanarac

This, again?

I don't think this is a good idea. It kind of removes the purpose of any can-opening implement in the game...

Time for a necro since my topic of a similar suggestion was locked.

Most concern I see from people is getting something from nothing(forgetting about berries and apples).

Stealth is soon going to play a larger part in the game.  A player loudly scrapping a can against the sidewalk for a ten second animation and loss of some food is a very fair tradeoff to finding a quieter sharp object, especially with zombies and players hearing it from blocks around.