Sign in to follow this  
xploD

Desync - The Worst Problem?

Dean Hall (@rocket2guns): DayZ is now back online with 0.43, results of the hotfix look very good with the major desync and lag issues gone

I was just looking around, so the major issue was 'fixed' but I'd consider any level of desync a MAJOR issue. 
How would you feel if you had desync in a game like csgo, bf4, sc2. 
The game like it or not is based around PvP and messing around with people but also scavenging and what not, but that will eventually lead to a situation where you have to defend yourself. 
How can you be expected to do that when every time (currently) you get within like 100 meters of someone or you have a firefight me and every single one of my friends I play with get desync, not sometimes, like 90% of the time. Yesterday 30 shells went through someone standing still, they turn around and kill me... Was the worst feeling ever..

So clearly the major issue is still there, I haven't seen many new posts about it, is it currently being worked on? Is there a new issue? waiting on 64 bit servers? 
From my understanding the servers don't store data of items etc and instead the code is repeatedly spammed back and forth between players causing overload and desync?

I really like the game so I would just like some information or clarification of what actually is causing desync constantly in fights on every server, for myself and all of my friends and if it is currently being worked on, and if its priority or considered a minor issue, because I consider it to be vital to the most core dynamics of the game and really needs fixed, and I haven't seen many posts with any relative information. 
Edited by xploD

I really like the game so I would just like some information or clarification of what actually is causing desync constantly in fights on every server, for myself and all of my friends and if it is currently being worked on, and if its priority or considered a minor issue, because I consider it to be vital to the most core dynamics of the game and really needs fixed, and I haven't seen many posts with any relative information. 

Well, the current engine in it's current form is just a placeholder. Also, the network communication system is also a placeholder. The inventory management system is also a placeholder. They should be releasing a new engine called Impuksion soon. It promises flawless operation of the entire game. 

On a serious note, no one has really stated that they have identified the problem, much less that it is getting fixed. 

Hope it improves, this patch is a step back in stability in general imo.  People are back to doing the macarena again (was mostly gone last patch) and sliding all over the god damn place.

no the worst problem from my view is either sound bug, or being able to see through walls, glitching. i hope and expect to see these problems resolved in future as well as the desync

Worst problems are all gameplay related imo.

Desync, sound bug, wall glitching, 3pp exploitation can all be solved with time.

Gameplay can potentially be there forever.

Well, the current engine in it's current form is just a placeholder. Also, the network communication system is also a placeholder. The inventory management system is also a placeholder. They should be releasing a new engine called Impuksion soon. It promises flawless operation of the entire game. 

On a serious note, no one has really stated that they have identified the problem, much less that it is getting fixed.

What is the rubber banding/teleportation a placeholder for?

• Like 1

Please fixxxxxxxx.

I see no confirmations or anything dev related to desync. 

On fresh restarted servers, still desync around people, guys still walk into a building and I unload a full 30 round clip directly into them and then they shoot me once and I'm dead...