Sign in to follow this  
white-rino

People DC, change server, move behind you, reconnect & kill you !!!

Two days ago, i was looting in a red building, just in the other side of North hospital at Cherno, this building has only one entry, covered by my little brother.

At the last floor there is a window that overlooks the plain, i saw 2 people coming their our building, so i shot one of them & kill him. The other one just run away ...

So i continue my loot, & suddenly, i was killing by a M1911 just behind me, I fight my little brother so I would not have covered. But he say, I'm still covering the stair at first floor.

He go up stair & died too.

Thx cheater

yep, that's why i post that here.

Have you got any suggestion to forbidden that kind of action ?

Can't spawn within x meter of another player ? : too restrictive without faction ( can't spawn near my friend )

Miror damage vs player x time after of connection ? ( 1 min )

Instead of asking for suggestions and not posting a thread without a suggestion, how about searching through the already existant threads?

Just randomly searched for "hopping" as in server hopping. Gave me tons of links.

/close plz. No suggestion 'ere.

Sorry, i don't speak english very fluently, so I don't know this term " server hopping " before read your post ...

My apologies ...

Sorry' date=' i don't speak english very fluently, so I don't know this term " server hopping " before read your post ...

My apologies ...

[/quote']

Search for reconnecting ;)

There were a LOT of good (and bad) discussions on this one

A valid concern that was not so eloquently worded gets shot down by hipsters who don't know how the internet works yet.

To be honest, the more threads with similar concerns is a good indicator of an issue that is really game breaking as opposed to something with a minor inconvenience. Pages help too as an indicator, but then again too many people waste time posting "use search BREH" "or OMFG REPOST" so either way, you have to do some shit shoveling.

Reposts happen. Deal with it.

First, I'm a bit curious how these people managed to reconnect so quickly as that their prey hasn't moved on. They first have to connect to one server, than the other after they've moved to the new position....

Also, someone suggested a good way to fix this: If you disconnect from server A and connect to server B, you cannot get on server A for an hour.

First' date=' I'm a bit curious how these people managed to reconnect so quickly as that their prey hasn't moved on. They first have to connect to one server, than the other after they've moved to the new position.... [/quote']

I wonder that myself. I couldn't imagine staying in one spot long enough for this to happen to me. But I could imagine it being frustrating if you're doing some inventory management (the UI can be pretty clunky) while a buddy watches the door and this happens to you.

Also' date=' someone suggested a good way to fix this: If you disconnect from server A and connect to server B, you cannot get on server A for an hour.

[/quote']

One hour might be a little excessive, but I think this is a really solid idea.

It happens and it happens a lot. If for example you lock a group down, half will log out and relocate. You might have 2 guys stuck in a barn and be covering their exit, they could log out knowing where you are and log in behind you. A lot of servers don't even tell you when people log out now...

It's ridiculous, it's worse than people logging to avoid death. I've sniped groups of people before and had survivors xlog only to log back in 10 minutes later where they "thought" I was. I've relocated anyway but it's still bullshit.

While this is certainly something that needs to be addressed the OP also needs to be a bit more careful and learn to loot faster. Even with your brother watching the door, you were in a one exit building and knew there was another player in the area possibly seeking revenge because you just killed his friend. It would've been nice if he wasn't a coward and had simply tried to kill your brother in the doorway then come after you instead of cheating, but I agree with the other people who mentioned you should've been out of there. To disconnect, reconnect to another server, move into position, disconnect, then reconnect to the original server, takes time.

Learn to loot a building and get the heck out of there, especially when you know other players are in the area.