Sign in to follow this  
MartyB(><}TA

Apologies from the {><}TA Server

As I cant broadcast in game annoyingly just wanted to say sorry to anyone who got kicked from our server.

There was three guys teleporting all over the NE airfield and up and down the "sniper hill" (ill post vid if allowed) so as I cant identify anyone I had to kick everyone

Sorry if this affected you (and you werent the hacking scum..). 

MartyB{><}TA

• Like 1

So you just admitted you broke ToS for running a server?!?!  This is why everyone should just cancel their servers like our top ranked server is going to be shortly!!

They give us no way of protecting the integrity of the Server.  Horrible business model IMO, pay 200+ a month for something you can get in trouble for doing exactly what you did!!  Be careful admitting what you just did.  

• Like 1

man that should tell them somethings wrong, yes its alpha blah blah blah but for folks to shell out the cash you admins do then have to go to the length of possibly losing said cash just to make the game fair and fun for yourself and others. I am at a loss for words.good luck sir

There is a fix for this,really...

Need a spec spot and use the network bubble to your advantage because you have to update the server where you are..

How can some 1 get from 1 side of the map to the other with in 10secs its just not possible in game..

You can only run so fast and at a certain distance...

Like i said everything has values inside the game..

If a player runs from electro to cherno in a required time how can anybody do it quicker...

You cant...unless you tp every where..

The servers are so fucking expensive that tbh, IDGAF if there's some servers with admin abuse, as long as I can find a good home server with an admin that bans the hacking shitheads, I'll be good. 

Hacking is clearly never going to be fixed - every year the promise to fix hackeing, be it Punkbuster, BE, VAC and they never do it. The only way to prevent your server from becoming infested is to act yourself. Active admins are what makes good servers good. 

• Like 1

Hacking is clearly never going to be fixed - every year the promise to fix hackeing, be it Punkbuster, BE, VAC and they never do it. The only way to prevent your server from becoming infested is to act yourself. Active admins are what makes good servers good. 

I feel at the very least, inclined to mention that hackers and anti-hacking tools are a lot like modern medicine. Every time there's a cure for it, the strain changes and mutates into something else that the meds have to be tuned to combat.

Much like these hacking basement dwelling neckbeards who get their jollies off to hacking in a game, Punkbuster/VAC/BE all need to constantly combat against the hacking community too. So you can't just say "Hacking will never be fixed", it's always changing. Hell, even giant-ass corporations who spend millions in security get breaches.

• Like 1

I feel at the very least, inclined to mention that hackers and anti-hacking tools are a lot like modern medicine. Every time there's a cure for it, the strain changes and mutates into something else that the meds have to be tuned to combat.

Much like these hacking basement dwelling neckbeards who get their jollies off to hacking in a game, Punkbuster/VAC/BE all need to constantly combat against the hacking community too. So you can't just say "Hacking will never be fixed", it's always changing. Hell, even giant-ass corporations who spend millions in security get breaches.

Yes, that's exactly my point. There'll never be a "fix" to it, so why wouldn't you allow admins to have full rights? Especially with the prices of servers (complete ripoff).

Yes, that's exactly my point. There'll never be a "fix" to it, so why wouldn't you allow admins to have full rights? Especially with the prices of servers (complete ripoff).

Ah, the wording you used took me in quite the negative direction along the lines of "Oh they're doing absolutely nothing to fix this" type of tone. Meanwhile I say that they're doing something but because they change the script/code they have to change their own script/code (after confirming if it's a hack or bug) to beat theirs and it goes on and on. :£

With regards to full rights etc? No idea. Go to reddit and take that up with the guys there? Or use the search function, certain there's a few topics on this there that could be answered.

• Like 1

I really wish people would stop using the word "hack" these people are not hackers, they wouldn't know the first thing about hacking, and probably wouldn't even know if they got hacked themselves.

These um... People, are nothing more than cheaters, get the same people to hack into a bank's computer and steal millions or hack into Government computers then they can be called hackers, until then they are nothing but cheaters and shouldn't be linked to the word "hack"

I really wish people would stop using the word "hack" these people are not hackers, they wouldn't know the first thing about hacking, and probably wouldn't even know if they got hacked themselves.

These um... People, are nothing more than cheaters, get the same people to hack into a bank's computer and steal millions or hack into Government computers then they can be called hackers, until then they are nothing but cheaters and shouldn't be linked to the word "hack"

Yeah but hacker and cheater are pretty much synonymous. Though cheater is more vague i.e you could also call someone using a wall exploit as a cheater, but not a hacker. 

The term I believe is "Script kiddies".

In regards to the first post by MartyB, good job.

At the moment, admins are defenceless against these script kiddies with no real way of banning/reporting (providing their script stops them from being identified). I would much rather play a server that flushes out these guys with a mass boot than to leave them to ruin peoples fun.

If you are paying money for a service which in turn you are sharing with others, if they abuse it I don't see why not. It will most likely encourage the hackers to move elsewhere so that they aren't interrupted from being shit at the game.

PM me the IP of your server Marty - I'll make sure that I make an appearance. :)

Good Job

Pls we need Steam name or IP of the killer since we are dead. Then a ticket to report him and once BE and Battleye recieve the ticket they recognize if the guy hacked!

Edited by GunnyITA

Thanks guys.

Our server IP is : 109.70.148.18:2350

I dont think I did break the ToS as it allows us to kick for cheaters and as I cant identify who that is I have to kick eevryone.

Again though I apologies if anyone gets kicked from our server. We will only ever blanket kick players and will generaly reset the server so no-one gets killed while kicked if a "cheater" or "hacker" is spotted. 

And we only do this if we have evidence. 

TBH we really need a "killed by" message.

The servers are so fucking expensive that tbh, IDGAF if there's some servers with admin abuse, as long as I can find a good home server with an admin that bans the hacking shitheads, I'll be good. 

This.

I hope OP doesn't suffer any negative consequences from this.