Assault (DayZ)

Fortifying Pre-Existing Buildings

DayZ Fortification of Pre-Existing Buildings

So what the title says. I feel that instead of adding construction of individual buildings, the dev team, later on, could implement the ability to fortifiy pre-existing buildings. Of course, there are many pros/cons to this. Here is a chart of both

Pros

-Adds some sort of construction feeling to DayZ.

-Eliminates the spamming of tons of random structures all over the map.

-Creates another objective for gameplay

-Allows for players to create bases for storage, HQ, etc

Cons

-Interference with loot spawning and roaming.

-Could reduce amount of free buildings to explore (kind of co-exists with con 1)

I feel that if there was a way to balance out loot spawn with amount of buildings people could fortify, this concept could really strike home. Now for those of you who for some reason don't know what I mean by fortifying buildings, this is what I mean:

-Boarding up windows

-Covering entrances

-Building small barricades around the perimeter of the building

-Possibly creating sandbag sniper outposts on roofs

-Etc.

I really want more opinions on pro/con aspects of this whole suggestion and more ideas for fortifications. Also, I am new here. My name is Assault. I know this is not the place for an introduction, so everything is in my bio. Hit me with a friend request if you want to talk.

This has literally been suggested 100+ times and this has been on the roadmap since day 1.

You'd think people would know how to use a search bar by now....

• Like 3

while this has been suggested a hundred times, a new thread in which people could discuss specific fortifications they want might be a good idea. For example, the ability to push wardrobes/bookshelves in front of windows (RE 4 style) would be awesome. Also, the ability to block doors with beds and the like. Certain rooms should come with locks as standard i.e. bedrooms and bathrooms

For really patient people, maybe an eventual trench-digging function for the shovel. And as an ultimate fantasy for people with WAY too much time on their hands, filling it with water by running back and forth with a bottle of water, forming a moat.

ugh... its already planned.

ugh... its already planned.

yes, but how about specific ideas for fortification. They may be planning fortifying buildings, but we can still brainstorm some ideas on how to make it good and what we want to see within the function (see my bookshelf idea).