Sign in to follow this  
Brenelael

PC Gamer stream with Rocket and friends!

What server they playing on?

Private password protected server. They are doing some interviewing stuff in there too, so it makes sense. Don't wanna get sniped while asking rocket about his plans for the mod haha. There are a few other players though. I've been watching for a while.

Hot damn, I want to bring my axe to the party. I am near there too...

So want that skin with the red beret..... LOOKS THE BOMB!

Anyone want to update this tread with any cool info from the stream? In at work can't watch it.

Rocket just said he was keen on the diary / journal idea which I like. He also said he wants all the buildings to be enter-able. Hes also talking about there being more diseases you can catch.

Mentioning he doesn't like perks, specifically navigation perks in this case. Which is a huge relief to me personally.

He doesn't like fallout / oblivion enemy levelling.

He doesn't want the players to feel super human.

Wants to carefully deal with zombies walking in buildings because it makes players too safe.

He would love for pumpkin patches be harvest-able.

He's acknowledged problems with barbed wire inconveniencing players.

There is talk about players being able to build facilities , research and manufacture.

Rocket has just confessed he's never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R

He wants to keep the players disorientated.

He wants to add more options for the player, in terms of play style.

He's talking about crafting things like satchel charges.

He likes the idea of durability, repair, maintenance of equipment.

He says what is missing from the game is reasons for people to trust each other.

He's not sure about spawning away from the coast.

Reducing hatchets - found mainly in farms. Adding baseball bats for residential. Crowbars will be in industrial areas.

New patch has massive performance increase. He'd like to see 1200 zombie limit and over 100 players. With bigger maps maybe more.

Hes working on Molotov cocktails. But there are frame rate issues.

He wants a better gear menu. One where you can visualise what you have more clearly.

He has also stated early on that he is aware of the Hacking issues and he has implemented changes in 1.7.2 to help combat them. He also stated that these changes won't be in the patch notes for obvious reasons.

He has also said that 1.7.2 is mainly designed around improving performance to make way for more sandbox elements down the road like Base Building. (Yes he actually mentioned this and that he definitely wants to implement it at some point!)

Also on a side note he's a big Xcom and X3 fan because of their highly complex gameplay and the fact that players are kind of thrown into the world and left to figure things out for themselves. This is the thing he wants to accomplish with DayZ.

Haha X3 fan!?!? I LOVE the X games! They are so ambitious though, can be abit buggy, but I remember first being in a huge living world in X2 The threat and just being in absolute awe, the first game I played where you are just a part of the world, and life goes on without you, so you're not the centre of the universe. Felt so immersed! No wonder I love DayZ so much, the open ended game style is very rarely successful, I'm in love now!

Oh and he has also stated that he wants more enterable buildings, harvestable pumpkin patches, takeable towns and more ways for players to try to rebuild civilization. Lots of good info so far.

Rocket just said he was keen on the diary / journal idea which I like. He also said he wants all the buildings to be enter-able. Hes also talking about there being more diseases you can catch.

Mentioning he doesn't like perks' date=' specifically navigation perks in this case. Which is a huge relief to me personally.

He doesn't like fallout / oblivion enemy levelling.

He doesn't want the players to feel super human.

Wants to carefully deal with zombies walking in buildings because it makes players too safe.

He would love for pumpkin patches be harvest-able.

He's acknowledged problems with barbed wire inconveniencing players.

There is talk about players being able to build facilities , research and manufacture.

[/quote']

This is exactly how I feel, save the last point, I'm not sure how that's going to fit well :S

No unknown quite the opposite. Can you read? I assume you can as you can type?

Lol a player just started killing them, its all gone to shit, pretty funny .

I can read i just try to skip the drivel.

X3 was shit, S.T.A.L.K.E.R was good..BUT Oblivion and Skyrim were much much better..

See, i'm using sales records and actual user feedback there..nothing you can say to me will change those facts.

Also i agree that enemies shouldn't level with you as in Borderlands, using Oblivion as an example is just WRONG as it's a single player game..

herrrrp derrrrrp!

Rocket has just confessed he's never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Whaaaaaaaaat?

*lawl* He really missed out on something. Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat have the most intense atmosphere i ever felt in a game. I remember all to well that i once was playing at night ... in game it was night too, rain, thunder and the occasional lightning. I was lying face down in a swamp, saw the rain drops splashing into the spreading puddles of rainwater and was eagerly looking to all sides trying to see between the reeds from where the howls might be coming. As the pack of hounds was coming nearer i just wanted to quit the game ... as it seemed the best possibility t evade the hounds. :P Super intense! Best gaming experience of my life.

... For me the key of the game was the sandbox, _the_living_world_, the complexity and the simulation aspects. Negative points: No cooperative/sandbox multiplayer, linear endgame.

And type it instead ;)

Maybe true, i'm not that commited to argue for or against, plus i'm going to have a beer and watch the second half of the Germany match soon.

Bollocks to it all, at the end of the day"Z", we get what we're given.

(...)

New patch has massive performance increase. He'd like to see 1200 zombie limit and over 100 players. With bigger maps maybe more.

(...)

I like that a lot! Chernarus feels small now :)

^ If that is true this game will just become enfield wars on the coast. No point to anything else.

Does anyone have a transcript of the stream? I'd rather not sit there and listen to some moron from PC Gamer even if it does mean listening to Rocket's awesome accent.

I think it's pretty hilarious that people keep referring to Oblivion and Skyrim as if they were good games. Or relevant to anything going on in DayZ for that matter.