Sign in to follow this  
Redstar Payne

Caves/ Mines

Yes i know its been posted before but not with my fashion, which is a thing look it up lol. Anyways I feel caves/ mines would be a cool thing because lets face it they are a thing and they are useful. Caves would make it to where flash lights and head torches are even useful in 24/7 day servers and would make perfect apocalypse hide outs for bandits or just every day curious survivors. Now i believe they should have multiple entries so you cant just board up an entrance and bottle neck the competition but if your smart you'd find all entrances and block them off, a perfect base. Basically just one more option to base building then having to choose an existing house or if Mr. Hall decides it building a base from scratch in the wilderness. Its fun, it has immersion, and its challenging to attack if your dumb enough to raid a cave base. Also if decided upon loot could be available as in mining axes, workers helmets and maybe even dynamite if its added. Let me know what you think and as always add ideas to expand upon this idea, my ideas are your ideas as well so lets work together to make every option available to our never ending suggestions forum ;) 

If i'm not mistaken it's a feature already planned by the devs ^^ but they just talked about "underground buildings" or something like that. But yeah some natural or man-made cave and mines would be good, and i like the idea of multiple entrances, imagine the well fortified base, all entrances barricaded except from that sneaky little hole in the middle of high grass on the surface, a whole group of bandits sneak in and.. let's say that the best surprises are thoses you are not aware about ;p

On the other hand i don't think mining with dynamite (read expanding the cave) would be possible to implement, for a couple reasons : 

1) you are not an expert miner, the explosion could make the mine collapse on you

2) too difficult to create a randomly generated cave expansion system that would allow virtually infinite digging

3) it's dayz, a WALKING simulator, not a mining simulator :p (though i wouldnt mind being able to extract a few materials out of ores, etc...)

If i'm not mistaken it's a feature already planned by the devs ^^ but they just talked about "underground buildings" or something like that. But yeah some natural or man-made cave and mines would be good, and i like the idea of multiple entrances, imagine the well fortified base, all entrances barricaded except from that sneaky little hole in the middle of high grass on the surface, a whole group of bandits sneak in and.. let's say that the best surprises are thoses you are not aware about ;p

On the other hand i don't think mining with dynamite (read expanding the cave) would be possible to implement, for a couple reasons : 

1) you are not an expert miner, the explosion could make the mine collapse on you

2) too difficult to create a randomly generated cave expansion system that would allow virtually infinite digging

3) it's dayz, a WALKING simulator, not a mining simulator :P (though i wouldnt mind being able to extract a few materials out of ores, etc...)

you do know i never mentioned mining at all ... the dynamite is just another explosive device players can us that could be found in mines, i don't want to be able to expand caves at all