Rhah (DayZ)

No zombies in forests?

Wouldn't just letting zombies wander forests help curb some of the grief sniping? They can hear the gunshots better then? At least annoy them?

This would be ok if it was just a couple zombies, because really there would only be hunters and possibly campers in the forest who would get infected.

That is a good point. I am obviously new and just found the game. Day 1, I was all interested until I started researching the gameplay and started seeing all the glorified grief sniping on twitch.tv and people egging these streamers on.

I am not anti-pvp, having someone betray you 5 minutes after meeting them for your beans or gun is fine... getting sniped from 700 yards away from a camper in a ghillie suit seems really out of bounds and not within the spirit of the game.

As this game starts getting more popularity and new players start finding it, they will either investigate like me and find out what the situation really is that it is less about surviving and more about getting ganked... others might buy game but quit playing right away if they are constantly griefed. Eventually all that's left are the griefers with no prey.

More zombies = more server strress less fps but there are sometimes zeds in the forest cos of the deer stands

Nerf the rifles, add realistic physics into it. Allowing for the wind and trajectory etc. If they want to kill like a real sniper, let them spend ages developing skills like a real sniper.

lol 'grief' sniping. A few places on a huge map to do this sniping. You can effectively kill these retards with an axe.

"Every time I run through field @ cherno I get sniped!!!!!!!" ...Guy goes to field of cherno again gets sniped, and again, and again. Adding zombies in the woods isn't going to do anything. Stay out of the field at cherno, stay out of stary sobor. People play this game the way they want and people enjoy being snipers. Get some balls, brains, or just go play a game that actually suits you.

I would love to find a streamer who hunts down the treeline snipers... I would wholeheartedly follow and support this person.

Every time I spawn without anything, I just go kill a sniper. It's like taking candy from a baby and instagear.

Zombies already will wander into forests. In the latest patch, if you sit in an area and eat/drink/shoot, even zombies from far away will come ever so slowly to inspect the sounds.

Zombies already will wander into forests. In the latest patch' date=' if you sit in an area and eat/drink/shoot, even zombies from far away will come ever so slowly to inspect the sounds.

[/quote']

But only in a certain radius, and i doubt many would actually wander all the way into the woods, iv certainly never seen it happen before anyway.

I think someone posted a video of a bandit getting mauled by some zeds after he was sniping for a while. Would have to dig for it though.

Nerf the rifles' date=' add realistic physics into it. Allowing for the wind and trajectory etc. If they want to kill like a real sniper, let them spend ages developing skills like a real sniper.

[/quote']

Know how I know you have never played ArmA 2 before DayZ?

Nerf the rifles' date=' add realistic physics into it. Allowing for the wind and trajectory etc. If they want to kill like a real sniper, let them spend ages developing skills like a real sniper.

[/quote']

As far as I know this is the only game that properly does the things you are talking about.

To the OP, I believe I hear someone say that Rocket wants to expand the zombie spawns out into the forest a bit, but right now it's mainly a performance concern.

Having said that, the patch notes mentioned that there should be a big performance upgrade in 1.7.2 which will allow more players per server and more zombies, so maybe forest zombies will get added eventually.

[/quote']

Third time's the charm and all that, but guns in Arma2/DayZ do have ballistic arcs to them. Most of the sniper rifles have zero'ing, where you can adjust the weapon to be on at specific ranges. (like real sniper rifles) They also have travel time to projectiles, so they're already doing everything you're asking for. This is one of the reasons why you see so many noob snipers around the coast who can't hit people who aren't standing still. I had a bandit duo dump ~20 rounds at me while I was running across a field. :P

I don't think I've ever been sniped on the coast when I was moving, honestly. Most coast snipers try to wait till you stand still before they shoot.

Please no....I love running through the woods! Definitely a change of pace compared to crouch-walking through towns and houses. And it makes it a safe place to just stand there afk ^^

Zeds don't usually spawn in the woods because they dont have any objects to spawn to. All zeds spawn for towns, buildings, any kind of loot places. They can't just spawn in empty forests and fields because there is nothing to guard. For example, most deer stands are very close to forests, so zeds spawn in a radius around it, thats when they can sometimes go into forests.

I think it's all like that because of performance, servers can't handle too many zeds, and for balance they are forced to spawn near, and patrol around loot places so it's not too easy to aproach ant loot. They can't just let zombies go into forests and leave the loot alone, and they cant spawn extra zombies just for forests because of the server performance.

PS sorry for bad english.

It may be good, but than you could not run safely thru' woods.. Just sayin', cause I like to run thru' them all the time! :)

~TS666

Yea, it would be a slight annoyance not being able to run in open areas if zeds were just spawning everywhere(they'd wander from forests to fields), sure it would make forests and fields more dangerous for snipers.. but it would also mean having to crouch run EVERYWHERE, and that sounds like more of a pain then snipers.

Z's only spawn when people get within about 200 meters of a building that triggers a Z spawn. It would be simple to place 'inivisble' spawn spots in the wilderness, after all, if a player is outside in the wilderness, they won't be causing Z's to spawn. It would work, and I wouldn't mind it.. I am very aware when I'm running around in the wilderness, but mainly just for other players and trying to tell my location. With bringing out bear traps might make things more complicated, and Z's would add one more level of complexity to the whole mix.. but I would +1 it still, all said and done.