Muppet (DayZ)

New improvised backpack.

So i not fully up to date with what can and cant be done in .45 but i have a suggestion aimed more at the "lone wolf survivalist" player by letting them make a 3rd style improvised backpack to carry the  "survivalist tools"

As you can now use the axe to gather wood, the pick for stone & shovel for worms the pack could have the same amount of slots as the hunter pack (or a few less) with two tool only slots. Eg, axe on your back with pick and shovel or pick and hunting bow/fishing rod or even a small quiver for say 5 arrows on the pack.

It could use three animal pelts, two string and a stick. 

I would think if these tools became necessary you would find a way to carry them in real life and this might also help SA move away from the "fancy" backpacks and move to a more post apocalyptic feel. Not like there is a K-Mart you can just pop into and get the cool trendy backpack... 

Love to hear your input and criticism.

I doubt it'd work, Technical wise. The way things seem to work at the moment, is they're done by stages.. Ie Rope + Sack = Imp courier pack. Then you have, ICP + Sticks = Imp Backpack..

It's a cool idea, I just think it need to be approached a different way..

So why not have a third stage which requires you to add pelts or some more string, maybe even have a fourth stage.
I don't see a problem with this... and I really appreciate the idea.

Stay alive,
Snaf

That sounds like a good trade imo. But your supplies wouldnt last forever, and you would need to search to resupply them. I approve. I also thought of the way of living, eating bugs.

Gross, but i mean, it would allow you to survive in the wilderness.

I would like to see current backpacks get an upgrade system. For example, with enough rags (let's say 8 for the sake of argument), and a sewing kit, you could upgrade your backpack to gain a few more slots (let's say 4). This would make long-term equipment development more progressive, as it would motivate players to keep looking for that piece of loot which will unlock the next upgrade.

I would like to see current backpacks get an upgrade system. For example, with enough rags (let's say 8 for the sake of argument), and a sewing kit, you could upgrade your backpack to gain a few more slots (let's say 4). This would make long-term equipment development more progressive, as it would motivate players to keep looking for that piece of loot which will unlock the next upgrade.

I did see the sticky about being to add pouches to back packs to make them bigger, A good idea but i rather the "rustic" look of the improvised packs. I think it fits with the theme of the game. Im even trying to avoid the military clothing and going for the beat up survivor look.  

mod2017 king hobo backpack for the win 

This is pretty much what i envision  :)