Blasty

Tent city levelled.

So we had a camp of about 8 tents on NY14... logged in last night to pull some gear out and every single tent was levelled... all the sandbags were blown up... all the bared wire and trees surrounding the tent were blown up.....

What exactly happened here? This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!111oneone

a car can drive over them, destroy everything in them.

It wont be the first time. wont be the last.

dont get to used to your gear or having it.

Camps can get found, all your gear gone. You can get killed by walking over rocks, going to close to a tree or just randomly have a heart attack.

Ive lost countless gillie suits, nvgs, m4s, bizons, m14s, dmrs etc. Get used to it and start over its more fun than you think.

Yes' date=' a grenade blows tents to hell. Always fun to do.

[/quote']

Thanks to an accident we had a grenade literally inside one of our tents at one point.

The tent survived. The guy alt+tabbed right next to the tent did not.

Most people pick the same few places for camps on every server. There are only a few reliable hiding spots and people know about many of them now.

hiding spots on the west or north edge of the map, on the highest hill for example are all compromised and easy to find. Stashing a small tent or a small atv or something in thick woods in the middle of the map is the only way to combat people looking for camps.

Even then id say 40% of people who play this are using Hacks to find vehicles... Untill battleeye actually does a job instead of giving false sense of security.

I wouldnt even bother putting a tent up or trying to hide a vehicle, it will be gone in less than 24hours.

I guess it's realistic but the game is hard enough already.. I'm not sure I like the fact that some troll can just stroll into your camp throw a frag and blow your whole camp away you potentially spent weeks building.

Then again, i'm not sure my opinion matters for shit.

Just total crap.

hiding spots on the west or north edge of the map' date=' on the highest hill for example are all compromised and easy to find. Stashing a small tent or a small atv or something in thick woods in the middle of the map is the only way to combat people looking for camps.

Even then id say 40% of people who play this are using Hacks to find vehicles... Untill battleeye actually does a job instead of giving false sense of security.

I wouldnt even bother putting a tent up or trying to hide a vehicle, it will be gone in less than 24hours.

[/quote']

My own personal tent has been up for ~3 days now, so I think you're exaggerating.

One tip, I'd say, is that if you're going to make a tent city, try putting it on a less populated server if you can. It's a lot less likely for someone to stumble on your tents in a server that averages 5-15 people on all day, instead of trying to hide a tent on a server that is constantly 50/50

Vehicles are still a vulnerability, but if you're just using tents you can be fairly secure.

I've had campsites up for weeks... I still have campsites up that haven't been found/looted that have been running for weeks... this is just one of my camps that happened to be blown up when I logged in... If things like this are going to happen, i wish there would be a more sturdy method to store items in game that can't be griefed as much.

I've had campsites up for weeks... I still have campsites up that haven't been found/looted that have been running for weeks... this is just one of my camps that happened to be blown up when I logged in... If things like this are going to happen' date=' i wish there would be a more sturdy method to store items in game that can't be griefed as much.

[/quote']

Permanent secure item storage kinda goes against the spirit of the zombie apocalypse. Also it'd remove a lot of the survival aspect.

If a player had a perfectly secure permanent storage item, then eventually the game wouldn't be interesting anymore. If you have 100 M16's stored up that no one can ever steal from me or destroy, who cares if you lose an m16? It removes all the consequence of death.

The way tents work now (other than their occasional bugginess) is perfect. If you can hide/defend it well enough, it is a reliable storage method, but there's always the opportunity for someone else to stumble on it, or track you back to it so you need to be careful.

I'm ok with it not being permanent storage... I actually think it's cool that someone could wander into our campsite and take off with whatever they could carry... this brings excitement... someone finds our camp we go to WAR, or we move our camp.... but blowing the whole camp up for no good reason other than you're a little griefer bitch? that kind of shit is dumb... Just plain dumb.

I don't think there should be a permanent storage system, if you can't hide your tent well enough or just get unlucky enough for someone else to stumble across it then that's just tough shit. Just because its your tent and your stuff inside doesn't mean somebody else cant come and take it for themselves, its a zombie apocalypse ffs!

I don't think there should be a permanent storage system' date=' if you can't hide your tent well enough or just get unlucky enough for someone else to stumble across it then that's just tough shit. Just because its your tent and your stuff inside doesn't mean somebody else cant come and take it for themselves, its a zombie apocalypse ffs!

[/quote']

Actually read what I wrote before spewing your mouth diarrhea next time! Thanks.

cant wait for the added feature of hiding stuff in the ground.

Is that confirmed to be coming?

I'm ok with it not being permanent storage... I actually think it's cool that someone could wander into our campsite and take off with whatever they could carry... this brings excitement... someone finds our camp we go to WAR' date=' or we move our camp.... but blowing the whole camp up for no good reason other than you're a little griefer bitch? that kind of shit is dumb... Just plain dumb.

[/quote']

Eh, I can understand it from a bandit perspective. If I was a bandit, and I stumbled across a goldmine of weapons and such, I'd take what I could carry and then pile the rest up, dump gas on it, light it up and run.

If the campers figure out that you stole from them, they're likely to want to try and hunt you down, so everything that you destroy is one less bit they can chase you with. Slash and burn strategy.

It becomes even more understandable when you have Clan vs. Clan activities. If there was no way to destroy the leftovers, then clan warfare kinda loses meaning. A good clan can stockpile gear far faster than they could lose it otherwise, so there'd be no real way to deal a damaging blow to them if you can't destroy what's leftover.

Not to mention that it just makes sense from a realism perspective. If you're storing a bunch of ammo and guns and explosives and canned beans and whatnot inside a tent/vehicle, I should have a pretty easy time destroying it all. I mean, you can destroy most guns just by picking them up and smacking them against a rock a couple times.

P.S.

Wow, way to jump down someone's throat blasty. The guy didn't quote any of your posts when he responded, so I don't think he was responding to you specifically. Though it's always nice to see people instantly jump to hostile in debates online.

I would blow the shit out of your tents if I found them. Nothing personal but your group having a tent city to resupply at gives you an advantage. If I can take that advantage away I will. For all I know, you could be nothing but a group of banditos who kill me an hour later with the very same gear I chose not to destroy.

What you said makes no difference, because all I have to do is spread my tents out so a single grenade can only take out a single tent. There is no "gasoline and fire" system to burn things after you've had your way with them. A griefer would only be able to destroy as much as he had grenades to do so... which probably means 1 or 2 tents.

Bottom line is... It's a stupid feature.. it does no one any good to destroy someone elses gear... if you find one of my campsites I say kudos you deserve the loot you got.. lord knows we shot people making out from our campsites with our gear multiple times and had a good laugh about it, and for every one we actually saw one or two got away.... It's part of the thrill of the game to think if that person is going to remember how to get back or if we should relocate...

Without some sort of reasonable storage system there is no reward for hard work or teamwork. If this kind of thing isn't taken into consideration the game will only ever be an outlet for griefers and hackers to come ruin other peoples game play and watch them complain about it.

LOL all you guys are master tacticians.. It's not like every single thing in the tent isn't the SECOND best item for every slot every one of our guys has.... If you choose to blow it up with a grenade as opposed to the ten other things I could think of that would be way more tactically relative, then you have fun... I'll still find you and destroy you.

Well I don't really mind if someone steals stuff if they destroy my tent that's a bit moronic but when you log back in and find your tent stuffed up due to a server reboot or you try to put looted stuff in a tent (no where near it's capacity) and the stuff glitches and gets destroyed. Or you put stuff in no realising the tent is full and it randomly chucks the stuff somewhere on the floor (fun to find in damn grass!!!). You sit and think to yourself "why am I bothering?" And now there's no global chat it would appear everyone is now a bandit, so why bother trying to collect good stuff when you can just find a Lee Enfield with relative ease and pop some player that's done the hard work for you?

hmm this post may need some salt

I believe tents should be replaced or supplemented with something harder to find. Not impossible but harder. I know my group doesn't even bother with them because of the reasons mentioned above.

Setting up a camp is worthless right now. All it takes is one person running radar hacks (see everything on map) to ruin your fun.

Sure people can also find them legit...but one grenade and a few days of stocking up is gone.

Suggestion:

Tents should not be destroyable like that. Even if flattened they should maintain whats inside. they should also disappear when you die.