rfyaa

cant add ATLAS Bipod to Mosin

hey guys is this some lagg or what but i cant add ATLAS Bipod to Mosin?

can someone help me please?

It already has 0 spread with a compensator. If this was intetional it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

Get a compensator, they took the bipod off the mosin in the update.

• Like 1

Get a compensator, they took the bipod off the mosin in the update.

Terrific news.

LRS is hopefully next.

• Like 1

Terrific news.

LRS is hopefully next.

I tried sniping with my M4 the other day. It was impossible to see what I was doing with only the ACOG's zoom. I think I got one incapacitation at 400m because that's the reasonable range limit of where I can shoot. And in the branch I was playing, dust upheaval was still broken so I was literally shooting and hoping for things to happen. 

Then I picked up a nugget, slapped my M4's bipod and an LRS on it. I got two kills and one incapacitation in 30 minutes. I would point and click at people when they stood still, and they would get knocked out in one shot. I could see what I was doing, too.

Both of these guns were configured to have no spread, but this much archetyping is disconcerting.

Edited by hotcakes

hotcakes...i do not understand the whole comment you made....sry about that.. ;) ....but if you were questioning if its possible to use the M4 effectively at a distance over 400m

--> take a look at this one:

http://www.twitch.tv/break71/c/4416722

most insane M4 sniping i've seen so far. just sayin', mate...

Use the new player forum to ask questions?

hey guys is this some lagg or what but i cant add ATLAS Bipod to Mosin?

can someone help me please?

My mosin still has the bipod attached...IM AFRAID TO LOOSE IT NOW! B)

hotcakes...i do not understand the whole comment you made....sry about that.. ;) ....but if you were questioning if its possible to use the M4 effectively at a distance over 400m

--> take a look at this one:

http://www.twitch.tv/break71/c/4416722

most insane M4 sniping i've seen so far. just sayin', mate...

600m is well within the range that an m4 could be used in real life.

That is using standard crap ammo 55 grain military issued ammo that has been replaced with the far more accurate and better 62 grain stuff.

The 77 grain ammo is even better and lets the 5.56 stretch out even further also what he describes as max effective range is the range where he can get consistent hits at. If he had to he could lob those rounds even further even past the range where they go transonic and perhaps get a few hits if he really needed to.

Terrific news.

LRS is hopefully next.

Followed by the silly compensator with any luck.

I am hoping they remove the m44 compensator and actually include a mosin nagant model 44 carbine instead.

Uber huge muzzle flashes, less accurate than the mosin but its a smaller package making it easier to fight inside houses with.

the-poor-mans-survival-weapons-russian-m

Edited by gibonez

I don't understand why they chose to add the compensator... first off, very few people buy those things, second, it provides little to no actual benefits. If they made it act like it actually does in real life, it will be instantly turned into a fairly useless piece of loot. :huh:

@gibonez:

hmkay....interesting...but weren't we talking about ingame stuff? or are you implying that hotcakes tried and experienced the bug IRL? :o

well...nevermind.. i don't get it anyways....thread has become too complicated for my  stupid brain.

tbh i just wanted to share the video 'cause i hadn't seen something like it yet and thought it was something remarkable. :|

Well, I can hit zombies with ACOG at over 800 meters, so your example with some twitch whore isn't necessary. 400 meters is the last distance to comfortably shoot with m4. 600 is on the edge. 800 is only if target is still or moving straight line. And even then you will waste whole magazine.

I don't understand why they chose to add the compensator... first off, very few people buy those things, second, it provides little to no actual benefits. If they made it act like it actually does in real life, it will be instantly turned into a fairly useless piece of loot. :huh:

Because it's a video game, not real life.

In MW2, people used the grip attachment on the pump-action SPAS-12.

The recoil would reset so quickly that it was a useless attachment. People thought it would decrease spread, but the joke is it actually increased it.

What does that have to do with it?

Only attachments I would like to see for the mosin are the bayonet and a sling to reduce sway.

Even the pu scope is not realistic as it does not have the right model for it. Maybe then we see the proper straight bolt.

What does that have to do with it?

They've created an attachment system, they want to make attachments.  The game revolves around finding/using loot.  More loot means more gameplay options.  It's a video game, so they added attachments to a gun that may be unnecessary/impractical/whatever irl, but in the game it gives something to do.

Your question was why did they add it, it's useless irl.  The answer is, because it's a video game, not rl.

Edited by Bororm

Your question was why did they add it, it's useless irl.  The answer is, because it's a video game, not rl.

Not quite, I asked why they chose it. The real reason is probably because someone searched "Mosin Nagant parts" on Brownells and thought it looked cool. There are a whole bunch of parts and accessories that would be much more useful than a cheap bolt-on brake.

Not quite, I asked why they chose it. The real reason is probably because someone searched "Mosin Nagant parts" on Brownells and thought it looked cool. There are a whole bunch of parts and accessories that would be much more useful than a cheap bolt-on brake.

I actually like the idea of finding "useless" attachments. Maybe not completely worthless (something may provide nice aesthetics, for example), but not everything you throw on a gun is going to make it perform better. The Magpul parts are a good example of this, they really shouldn't affect anything on the M4A1, but do look cool. Ergonomically they are probably better than the standard handguard, but there's no real way to replicate this. In the end the RIS handguard should be the most useful handguard there is; and we could probably use a few more attachments to go along with it (fore-grips, AN/PEQ lasers, and an M203 come to mind)

• Like 1

It's pretty useful in game man.

It's pretty useful in game man.

If one is choosing accessories to add they should choose things that are actually useful. If reality doesn't matter then they should make it so applying black spray paint halves the dispersion and gives a 25% reduction in reload time.

• Like 1

If one is choosing accessories to add they should choose things that are actually useful. If reality doesn't matter then they should make it so applying black spray paint halves the dispersion and gives a 25% reduction in reload time.

It matters, just not as much as you want it to, because it's a video game.

But, way to only choose extremes.  DayZ may not be the game for you if you get bent out of shape over trivial stuff.

It matters, just not as much as you want it to, because it's a video game.

But, way to only choose extremes.  DayZ may not be the game for you if you get bent out of shape over trivial stuff.

I don't think anyone should be telling Gews what and what not to play. He usually knows what he's talking about.