Sign in to follow this  
AnkMyrandor

deleted.cacharacters.pmc problem ?!

since the update yesterday i get this message, but i can't even delete my profile and make a new one,

even deleting the files in windows, and login again, has the same problem.

is there a way to fix this ?

deleted.cacharacters.pmc

since the update yesterday i get this message' date=' but i can't even delete my profile and make a new one,

even deleting the files in windows, and login again, has the same problem.

is there a way to fix this ?

deleted.cacharacters.pmc

[/quote']

i have been having this problem too, can anyone help us fix it?.

Would also love a solution for this. I've tried everything. Deleting and downloading both Arma 2 and OA games. Putting the dayz files in different locations, verifying game cache on steam. Nothing works.

This means your pmc dlc isn't working. We need more information to help you. You probably just need to run the PMC dlc once to allow the installer to de-encrypt the files.

This means your pmc dlc isn't working. We need more information to help you. You probably just need to run the PMC dlc once to allow the installer to de-encrypt the files.

What do you mean by "You probably just need to run the PMC dlc once to allow the installer to de-encrypt the files" please help I get this message all the time and I dont understand how to fix it....

I'm getting the same error while trying to connect to any Day Z server since I've installed the beta patch (93160).

Using six updater, I've pointed the path to the game to "arma2\expansion\beta\" and the same for the mod path. Installed Day Z (1.6.0.1) using 6updater.

Any tips ?

a friend got the same problem, installed all things right and i helped him, it should work but it gives him everytime that cacharacters_pmc error.

he got arma 2 and arma 2 OA installed and patched to 1.6 and even the beta patch....

ok guys i think i have a solution for this problem!

maybe a mod can edit my text a bit and move it into the common errors section in the install guide thread. (im german and my english isnt the best)

i get "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cacharacters_pmc 'upon joining any DayZ server.

- You installed the ARMA 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements Patch 1.60 not at all or not properly.

- You did not started Arma 2 after a fresh installation or after the patch installation

for maximum success do the following things....(non Steam version)

- install Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA (Combined Operations)

- start Arma2oa.exe, create a profile and start a scenario mission and exit the game

- install the ARMA 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements Patch 1.60

- start again Arma2oa.exe, start a scenario mission and exit the game

- install the latest beta patch

- install DayZ, description here

- have fun and dont get shot by bandits

thats how it worked yesterday for my buddy, i hope i helped some of you guys. :)

P.S. i'm not sure if you have to start the game after a fresh installation, but its better to do it to prevent errors.

but im sure you have to start the game after the patch installation, playing a scenario mission (short, just load it) is only to secure that dayz is working then.

What about us who have a steam version? I did some stuff that Crawnight said and it's no help.. We need a guide how to fix this for steam users.

can someone upload the file "cacharacters_pmc" please. I have installed arma and Dayz for 3 times and it didn`t work. Please help. I have the Steam version of Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA.

Has anyone solved this? I just want to play the game now that I downloaded PMC and BAF.

Anyone who is still having this problem follow these steps.

Go to your Arma 2 OA folder

Go into the folder PMC

Find the scripts starting with character.

Delete the first Script

Go to steam and right click on Arma 2 AO

Go to Local Files

verify the integrety of game cache

Enjoy!