NINJAHITAM

REALLY NEEDED Opening and close Door Sound Effect !

Dear all and DEV,

I would like to suggest if DAYZ standalone will implement Sound Effect when opening door and closing door in the next future update.

This is very very important atleast when we searching for loot, we will hear someone entering our building.

Really need this sound effect or audible! to save our lives when looting!!

What do you think guys ?

• Like 14

i agree ive been killed so many times while looting because i don't hear the door! Its very frustrating when you've been looting for two hours!!

• Like 3

Thats definitely something the game needs - along with more consistent footsteps and maybe even birds flying away if someone comes too close.

• Like 4

You are right, sir. 

Although it shall be randomized in terms of loudness or sound characteristics. Not every door react in the same way.

• Like 4

at the least a "placeholder" sound would be ok... :) it would change the gameplay totally

Edited by quantum2k6

What if I can just oil the door hinge and sneak up on you that way...

Well that can beat the door, but after you oil the door the sound atleast will be lowered than original.. ofcourse you need to find the oils first to beat the door.... if you don't have oil, it is advantage for the looter to be alert of the sound when you open the door.

Edited by NINJAHITAM

In that patch they could also remove all those stupid ambient sounds like a chain-link-fence-door-thing closing, random tree snapping or someone walking on metal. I'd really like those sound to mean something (someone or something actually walking there)

Ahhh another sound to randomly play in the middle of the woods.

Good idea though, been suggested

Great idea. I think they should put alot of focus on the audio side of the game in general. Being able to hear stuff in your surroundings should be an important aspect of the games survival experience. For example breaking glass on a hard floor can be a sound trap for other players In buildings and streets.

Edited by nxz

This topic should not been suggested. Already developers should add that sound by themself, if not just throw that game to bin man. :D

Instead of just adding a plain-jane door open/close sound, how about they add the ability to slowly/quietly open/close doors?  I mean, if you see someone outside and you don't think they saw you, closing a door quietly vs a "CREEEAK, KABOOM" door slam could make all the difference in the world. The same could be true for trying to sneak up on someone who is barricaded in a house.

Did anyone play Rainbow Six?  I loved the way you could control doors in that.  You had 2 options on doors - you could just throw them open/closed, or you could use your mouse wheel to crack or slowly open the door.  It was especially awesome for cracking a door and dropping in a flashbang.

In DayZ I think they could implement the same concept pretty easily.

• Like 2

of corse The door sound is most needed thing now. You can add just one for now and than improve it but this is very importatnt feature of survival game!

at the least a "placeholder" sound would be ok... :) it would change the gameplay totally

I think they should totally do this, and the door opening sound should be a voice you can hear for miles saying "DOOR SOUND"

It would make me laugh to hear door's open and close all over the map :)

Dude, I've been campaigning for this since the mod. Now that there's a standalone, I would imagine this is inevitable. No way you could get away with no audio for such a thing in a game built in this day and age. Also, let's not forget about all those rusty, banged up vehicles with the stealthiest doors/boots in existence.

Audio overall is severely lacking right now and I eagerly await the first big audio patch for the game. Ghost Recon and Rogue Spear on the PC would be some excellent reference material for this type of thing, Those game's sound design saved my life so many times. =)

Instead of just adding a plain-jane door open/close sound, how about they add the ability to slowly/quietly open/close doors?  I mean, if you see someone outside and you don't think they saw you, closing a door quietly vs a "CREEEAK, KABOOM" door slam could make all the difference in the world. The same could be true for trying to sneak up on someone who is barricaded in a house.

Did anyone play Rainbow Six?  I loved the way you could control doors in that.  You had 2 options on doors - you could just throw them open/closed, or you could use your mouse wheel to crack or slowly open the door.  It was especially awesome for cracking a door and dropping in a flashbang.

In DayZ I think they could implement the same concept pretty easily.

Yup, I had suggested this before too. Would be so cool and very fitting for this game.