Sign in to follow this  
MONKAYPOO0

Age verification on the forum

Anyone find this age verification on the forum slightly (not massively) annoying an also pointless?  I can't see an age restriction on Steam so guess that's not the reason.  Any bad language and the admins hit delete pretty quickly.  Even on other websites that have these silly "enter your age" rubbish, kids will make it up anyway.  I personally cant be bothered entering my date of birth and just change the year.  I guess it's just for legal cover but from memory it doesn't say you need to be 18 before you enter (could be wrong I'll come out and in again after post).

On another note, anyone notice it is harder to find Dayz on Google?  I used to type Dayz and the homepage was there but not anymore, got do some digging and get it on your favourite list now.

Any kid can put in born in 1905.  Also, there should have been an IQ test prior to being able to sign up to the forums and also before clicking the purchase button.

• Like 6

I guess it's just for legal cover but from memory it doesn't say you need to be 18 before you enter (could be wrong I'll come out and in again after post).

It'd defeat the point if this would tell you beforehand what age you must be - even though you're right. Dean said it himself, most people on Steam are born on 01.01.1900.

But think about what would happen if we wouldn't check the age. It's the users obligation to put in their real age, if they don't it is not our fault. Or - in short: it is for legal reasons so we are on the safe side.

As far as I am aware on Steam there is an AgeVerification as well, but that's Steam's duty to check, not ours.

On another note, anyone notice it is harder to find Dayz on Google?  I used to type Dayz and the homepage was there but not anymore, got do some digging and get it on your favourite list now.

Either http://dayzgame.com or http://forums.dayzgame.com - just bookmark it or remember it.

Either way - the age limit is not up for discussion and I fear this will derail into a hate discussion against minors and / or their voices in game, so this shall be locked. Feel free to contact any Moderator or boneboys if you have any further questions.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 3