Sign in to follow this  
liquidsnake

How to I put a burlap sack over someone's head?

Today I captured some poor guy with an AK. I stalked him for a while and when he unexpectedly turned around I shot him and he fell unconscious. He sprayed in my general direction but luckily didn't land a single hit. I patched him up, gave him a saline bag IV and restrained him with cuffs. I had this idea of putting a burlap sack over my victim's head and making him run for his life, but since I didn't have one before I didn't get around to doing it. This was my first victim after I found the burlap sack, so he was supposed to be my first try on this.

I first tried it by placing the sack into my hands, thinking there'd be some sort of option to pull it over his head. Nothing showed. Then I tried to replace his hat with the sack, but it also didn't work. It disappeared from my inventory, but the result was this: 

14o6hpk.png

So, well, nothing. The burlap sack is supposed to be visible when placing it on someone's head, so something obviously went wrong. Has anyone succesfully placed a burlap sack on a victim or is it glitched? I was really disappointed that I couldn't try out my new evil plans and on top of that, the session was lost just when I was about to shoot. Now that poor guy is running around with cuffs  :o

Also, he weirdly was carrying two AKMs. Maybe some kind of loot glitch (stuff duplicates when taking off someone)? That didn't happen with the other guy I looted just now, though, or anyone I looted before.
I also made a pic of that. The bottom rifle (left of his head) was my SKS, on top of it is his AKM and in my hand his other AKM:

2r3efx5.png

Edited by kichilron
Spoilers!

Kudos to you for trying to take advantage of the sack over the head feature. I recently decided to try to always keep a rope and a burlap sack in my inventory so I can make a courier bag for friendly fresh spawns or tie and crown less friendly survivors. I can only imagine the frustration of being knocked unconscious after attacking someone to wake up with a bag over my head.

In hardcore servers, does the bag block your vision or is it like 3pp where it just appears as though the survivor's vision is blocked?

• Like 2

Kudos to you for trying to take advantage of the sack over the head feature. I recently decided to try to always keep a rope and a burlap sack in my inventory so I can make a courier bag for friendly fresh spawns or tie and crown less friendly survivors. I can only imagine the frustration of being knocked unconscious after attacking someone to wake up with a bag over my head.

In hardcore servers, does the bag block your vision or is it like 3pp where it just appears as though the survivor's vision is blocked?

In 1PP, your vision is completely blocked, so the burlap sack can't be bypassed in hardcore servers. You'd be absolutely blind in hardcore. If you had the privilege of sacking someone, can you tell me how you did it?

I just put the burlap sack into my hands and scroll to the "Put on head" (something like that) option. Then Viola! they are sacked. :D

^^ I haven't had the guts/opportunity to attempt it yet, but I would imagine that it's a scrollwheel function like he said.

OP, I think there is a sweet spot that you need to find on the player in order to put the sack on..  Wow, that's sounds bad....

• Like 2

OP, I think there is a sweet spot that you need to find on the player in order to put the sack on..  Wow, that's sounds bad....

Thanks for this, now I know why it didn't work. Next time I'll have to sexually harass my victim, I suppose  :lol:

Thanks for this, now I know why it didn't work. Next time I'll have to sexually harass my victim, I suppose  :lol:

Haha, let us know if it works. Maybe they removed the function to place a burlap sack over players heads.

Please add spoilers with huge pictures like that.

Edited OP.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

I have never put a sack on another player, or even tried.  I do know you can put it on your own head by right-clicking it and choosing the option to "put over head" or something along those lines.  Next time if you cannot figure it out I recommend you putting it in their inventory and telling them to put it over their head or they get shot.... I just don't know if they would have the ability to do so with the cuffs on?

Hey OP you first have to take off his hat, if he has a hat on the option doesn't appear and if he doesn't the option soon appears good luck to you and good job :D!

• Like 2