Sign in to follow this  
stevesnake

no spawning inside of buildings

I looked and I didn't see this posted.  If it is, then sorry.

So, when I'm clearing a building, I'm very thorough.  Yet, I'm in the middle of a gun fight, blocking the only entrance to the building, and someone spawns behind me.  Now, because this has happened multiple times, I'm prepared for it, and almost always catch it, with rare crazy fire fights going on where I can't press 'p' to see if there's a new player and then be aware of the building. 

so here's my suggestion.

No spawning inside a building.  I know, them make for great cover when you're first starting out.  Shoot, I almost always start inside of a building.  But, this would stop people from combat logging because they know you probably will wait for them to come out because of an advantage they have inside, or the smart players that are playing in a group, to have one player server hop, go into the building, and then try and log in behind them.  So freaking annoying.  It's not real life to have someone magically appear right behind you after the building is cleared. 

anyways, this is just an idea that I personally think would help to make it more realistic. I'm not sure I'd like this, but server specific spawns and loot might solve this problem too. 

• Like 1

I like the idea. But what if,

- somebody loses internet connection and therefore will be logged out automatically?

- the server shuts down or restarts and you are still in a building?

Then it would be necessary to find a spawn point for this player outside. But if you let a player spawn in the middle of the city, that wouldn't be fair or realistic either (spawn lag). So that player has to spawn outside of the city, but if you are in a big city, what is "outside of the city"? Until there is no proper answer for those questions, it wouldn't make sense to me.

• Like 4

Barricading a building is supposedly going to fix this. If you're going to camp a building barricade it and this; as suggested by Rocket; will stop the ghosting inside buildings when it's implemented. You're not going to be allowed to login into an area/building that has been barricaded from my understanding.

No.

FIrst of all, you didn't look very hard; there's been several threads on this topic.

Second, as mentioned above, many times a player isn't in control of where and when s/he logs out. Most of the time I log out, it's "Oh crap I need to go, well hopefully I won't die next time I log in," and log out wherever I am. This includes in the middle of looting firestations and airfields. It is stupid to punish people that can't block out several hours to play a game and log out on schedule when they haven't done anything wrong.

• Like 1

No.

FIrst of all, you didn't look very hard; there's been several threads on this topic.

Second, as mentioned above, many times a player isn't in control of where and when s/he logs out. Most of the time I log out, it's "Oh crap I need to go, well hopefully I won't die next time I log in," and log out wherever I am. This includes in the middle of looting firestations and airfields. It is stupid to punish people that can't block out several hours to play a game and log out on schedule when they haven't done anything wrong.

Who's talking about punishing people?  You all get so angry over an idea.  It's not a punishment to not be able to ghost into a building and kill people that have secured it.  it's a punishment to the people inside the building.

And yes, I looked. I used the search feature for key words and looked through 5 pages of suggestions and have been checking these forums everyday for 2 months. Maybe instead of being a jackass you could link the thread and show me so I can bump it. Just because I have 4990 posts less than you doesn't mean you are bad ass.  Just that you have no life and you think your ideas are better than everyone else's.     

I do like the barricading idea.  So what happens?  once barricaded the person is informed they can not log into the server because they are spawning in a barricaded building?  Is the a thread on this so I can read about it?

• Like 1

The real problem is server hopping not spawn in buildings or everywhere else. How can you solve it without making players annoyed by solution? Maybe some ghost system etc. but I don't think we want that in this game.

This is needed to stop cheats, loot hoppers, and combat loggers when held up inside a building.

Anyone losing connection (or supposedly needing to log out in a hurry poor excuse) will respawn outside the building when they log back in.

Until this happens gameplay will never improve!

This is needed to stop cheats, loot hoppers, and combat loggers when held up inside a building.

Anyone losing connection (or supposedly needing to log out in a hurry poor excuse) will respawn outside the building when they log back in.

How would that improve the gameplay? That would just mean bandits have an easier job killing bambis because they have to come out and get shot.

It's just stupid.

I doubt they could ever fix it so that you log out in a building and spawn outside either you'd probably spawn in walls or in the ground all the time.

And not being able to spawn in to places with barricades...what if you log out in a building that has none then you try to join a server where it just so happens there is a barricade? Can't see how they'd make it so complex that it wouldn't let you it'd probably just kill your character.

It's just not necessary at all combat logging will always happen, running in to a building sure does make it easier but running round a wall is just as easy.

This would just make the game more annoying not better.

Maybe some people, such as myself, dont have the luxury of living in our parents basements, and stayin on all day to log out where you deem acceptable. I log out because of emergencies, unexpected town trips, and bad weathers comin so I unplug everything. Poor excuse my ass, not everyones a 400 pound fatass who runs the internet.

How would that improve the gameplay? That would just mean bandits have an easier job killing bambis because they have to come out and get shot.

It's just stupid.

Oh so your a combat logger?! You log out inside a building to get away is exactly what you are saying!

Maybe some people, such as myself, dont have the luxury of living in our parents basements, and stayin on all day to log out where you deem acceptable. I log out because of emergencies, unexpected town trips, and bad weathers comin so I unplug everything. Poor excuse my ass, not everyones a 400 pound fatass who runs the internet.

Some people are self employed like myself and need to answer business calls all day and evening when I may be playing so I too need to log off but the sacrifice is worth it! So stop the poor excuses!

Oh so your a combat logger?! You log out inside a building to get away is exactly what you are saying!

No it's not, what kind of a reply is that? Can you not look past your want for this and think of how annoying it would be for other people?

People killing each other for no reason is annoying enough then there'd practically be no escape for Bambi's in say Berenzino the only thing to do is hide in buildings.

Who wants to have to do that for ages just so they can stand outside and log out? It would just be stupid.

Logging in and out of buildings isn't a problem anyway when someone logs in they're standing defenceless for ages you have plenty of time to shoot them so it's not like you can be surprised, unless you suck.

No it's not, what kind of a reply is that? Can you not look past your want for this and think of how annoying it would be for other people?

People killing each other for no reason is annoying enough then there'd practically be no escape for Bambi's in say Berenzino the only thing to do is hide in buildings.

Who wants to have to do that for ages just so they can stand outside and log out? It would just be stupid.

Logging in and out of buildings isn't a problem anyway when someone logs in they're standing defenceless for ages you have plenty of time to shoot them so it's not like you can be surprised, unless you suck.

Hes a dumbass troll, just ignore him. Whats gonna happen when bases come in, are we not allowed to.log off in them? Matter of fact, lets keep people from logging in forests too, theyre too.big and you can hide too well.
  • Like 1

Are you fucking retarded or half literate? He said that logging outside where the fuckin radar mike tyson zombies and dicks can kill you is retarded. You just want to camp easy targets like every other unskilled piece of shit. Self employed my ass, your some 12 year old kid who cant face the challenge of surviving instead of being a douche. Poor excuses? Okay, here you go

1: Logging off upstairs is the only way to keep the mike tyson radar zombies from killing you

2: hiding in buildings keeps you safe from the worthless kos dicks

3: should we not log off in bases when they come?

Edited by Owen.
  • Like 1

I like the idea. But what if,

- somebody loses internet connection and therefore will be logged out automatically?

- the server shuts down or restarts and you are still in a building?

Then it would be necessary to find a spawn point for this player outside. But if you let a player spawn in the middle of the city, that wouldn't be fair or realistic either (spawn lag). So that player has to spawn outside of the city, but if you are in a big city, what is "outside of the city"? Until there is no proper answer for those questions, it wouldn't make sense to me.

Being pushed outside the building im looting on the odd occasions where the server drops, or I DC would be a pretty minor isuue for me anyways. It would happen to everyone aswell so logging back in would be a mad dash for cover if it happened during a firefight.

No.

You dont have to devote hours to basically just adding one step to your current procedure...

1 "oh crap I gotta go"

2 exit building

3 log

;)

I really wouldn't have a problem with us not being able to log in buildings, and a small bump to a random position 1mm away from the buildings perimeter (on rejoin) is no biggie.

I say yes :)

• Like 1

I really wouldn't have a problem with us not being able to log in buildings, and a small bump to a random position 1mm away from the buildings perimeter (on rejoin) is no biggie.

I say yes :)

But think of the issues the game has how long do you think it would take for that kind of system to work? They'd have to map every spawn location outside every building and there would just be tons of issues with people spawning in the ground or if they log out 2 stories up spawning outside 2 stories up then falling and dying/breaking legs.

What sense does it make to not be able to log in or out of them really?

However, I do agree with it in certain buildings/places, like hangars or military bases so that people can't server hop for gear, they have to run somewhere suitable and have to run to the hangers and possibly get sniped in the process.

That would be fine.

Like the whole area around airfields should be a no spawn no log out zone, they're practically the dedicated battle zones anyway so where combat logging is going to be worst.

Everyone who thinks this is a PVP game can just go there instead of harassing noobs and fresh spawns and ruining it for them.

Unless they're too pussy and can't handle not being able to combat log themselves when someone is kicking their ass.

you must have a crappy computer.  Takes me like 1 sec and I'm armed and ready to go. 

you must have a crappy computer.  Takes me like 1 sec and I'm armed and ready to go. 

Pretty sure it's mostly the connection that does it, lots of people have that happening. Couple of times now I've had people spawn in front of me and they're just standing lifeless for a few seconds.