WildGunsTomcat

The New Zombie Count is AWESOME

75% of what the amount is now, or reduce their speed

Fix the spawning (zombies spawning ~10m in front of you in plain sight and respawn timings)

Also would be cool if zombies weren't attracted to you if they can't see you, but where they heard the actual sound. Gives you time to shoot and get out of there instead of instantly attracting 30 on you in a small town.

Just my thoughts.

I like the extra zombies, it does make their x-ray vision super annoying though.

I haven't tried it yet but from the hootin and hollerin on the forums it sounds like its about right, maybe a little over the top but its only alpha and there is still lots of tweaking to be done. when i started playing this weekend i was running around thinking "I thought there were supposed to be zombies in this game.." then i came to the forums and saw it was a known issue. I cant wait to get home and try out the new patch!!

It's understandable that you are frustrated, but to be completely honest, outside of 1.5.6 it's always been this way (minus the zombies respawning way too fast at times). I hate to say it, but if you don't like the way it is maybe it isn't the game for you?

The more I think about it, this might be the case.

This game is for masochists.

Honestly, what has anyone accomplished in this game?

You ran around in the wilderness for 20 minutes, spent an hour walking through a town for a can of beans. Maybe you killed a few zombies. Maybe you spent 3 hours with 8 other guys building a car or a chopper. Then what did you do?

Well you drove/flew to a city to sneak around town for more beans.

I guess you could search around for the best loot in the game.

After that, then what?

I'm really bored with the game in that I spend most of the time walking or sneaking around. I've got good guns, but there's no reason to use them. Killing zombies just begets more zombies, and makes me even more aware that I've accomplished absolutely nothing.

So, with that, it would be nice if:

1. It was possible to clear a city of zombies, if even for a short while

2. the respawn timer was less ridiculous

3. Had other goals or objectives

Sure, this is a survival sandbox game. I've survived. I did the sandbox thing. Now I fail to see the point in why I keep playing. Having insane amounts of zombies and quick respawn is probably the wake-up call for me to realize how much fun I haven't been having.

The new zombie count is great. At best they were a minor annoyance in 1.5.6. It feels like 1.5.5 again. The respawn times do need to be increased slightly though. Having zombies respawn within an area I just cleared kinda breaks immersion.

I love, love, LOVE the new zombies.

LOVE!

Yes, the spawn timers could be a bit reduced, and their speed and glitching and the fact that we have no melee are a bit irritating. But now I'm finally scared to fire a gun. Scared to approach a town. Scared to become trapped.

No longer is the game basically "go around looting comfortably and preparing for the inevitable conflict with a pk".

Now I climb hills to get a good overview of a town, I skirt outside it, sneak towards promising-looking buildings. Get in-get out. There is no more "town clearing", unless you have a big group. This is brilliant.

And the player interaction is much better too. It's not just that you are scared to shoot someone because you'll draw zombies. It's that surviving is now hard, and dangerous. When you meet someone, you want to cooperate, you see him more as a fellow survivor and less like an enemy (though of course there are enemies too, but they are no longer the main threat).

All in all, I'd keep this as is, maybe even up the zombie count in the large cities. Respawn timers could be longer, as I said, and roamers in the wild would be cool.

But this patch is significantly, very very significantly better than the last.

Cheers!

It's understandable that you are frustrated' date=' but to be completely honest, outside of 1.5.6 it's always been this way (minus the zombies respawning way too fast at times). I hate to say it, but if you don't like the way it is maybe it isn't the game for you?

[/quote']

The more I think about it, this might be the case.

This game is for masochists.

Honestly, what has anyone accomplished in this game?

You ran around in the wilderness for 20 minutes, spent an hour walking through a town for a can of beans. Maybe you killed a few zombies. Maybe you spent 3 hours with 8 other guys building a car or a chopper. Then what did you do?

Well you drove/flew to a city to sneak around town for more beans.

I guess you could search around for the best loot in the game.

After that, then what?

I'm really bored with the game in that I spend most of the time walking or sneaking around. I've got good guns, but there's no reason to use them. Killing zombies just begets more zombies, and makes me even more aware that I've accomplished absolutely nothing.

So, with that, it would be nice if:

1. It was possible to clear a city of zombies, if even for a short while

2. the respawn timer was less ridiculous

3. Had other goals or objectives

Sure, this is a survival sandbox game. I've survived. I did the sandbox thing. Now I fail to see the point in why I keep playing. Having insane amounts of zombies and quick respawn is probably the wake-up call for me to realize how much fun I haven't been having.

Everything here. We need something to do. Beans and endless zombies respawning into towns we can never reconquer doesn't do it for me.

This would be like Domination continually attacking the same town, with the tanks and infantry endlessly respawning. Or Warfare with no ability to beat the other team.

There has to be some real sense of accomplishment, and I don't think getting some guns and grabbing beans is a long term solution to that.

like mezzanine said you can get into the cities pretty easily and loot things. If there not looted already or you get garbage spawns or you get shot and if you do well sir you just wasted your time

Anyways I find the amount of zombies fine in cities and such. The count in towns like kamenka is outrageous tho. Crawling 20 mins to get through backwater towns that have maybe 10 houses and god forbid if you have to shoot. One shot literally equals 30 zeds on any town and city and you don't even have the time to search the town before 30 more spawn. Also in a Zombie Apocalypse the bandit is suppose to be the main threat not the zeds.

The majority of the time is also spent in sneaking for a can beans or a small bit of ammo that you could carry but would be useless in the end since one shot produces 30 zeds and the ammo just doesn't surpass the risk/reward. Be better of with smoke nades than an AKM with several mags.

Another thing If I chose to lone wolf it, I should not be penalized since i'm not in a group. Why should I change my play style? Maybe some players enjoy experiencing DayZ alone. I personally enjoy both, but now i can pretty much kiss goodbye lone wolfing inland.

Lately I have been camping outside cherno just killing survs and bandits literally for their BEANS and water. And since they are in the middle towns when i shoot them. They really cant fire back for fear of 50+ zeds on their ass. So its easier than ever, and if i do get zeds on me i just run right be their dead body and poof zed free

@bacon55

I can see what you mean by wanting objectives but this is a sandbox game you seem to want a way to win the game? a dot on your screen telling you what to kill and where you should go? This isn't that kind of game. I dont know what people like you came in here expecting but when i heard ARMA 2 plus zombie survival sandbox I knew to expect exactly what you and others like you are complaining about. I think some of your problems will go away with further tweaking but i would not expect any concrete goal provided by the game other than staying alive. the point of a sandbox is to make your own goals not have the game hold you by the hand and tell you what to do. maybe this isnt the game you were expecting, or maybe you got caught up in some of the excellent write ups on popular gaming sites and didn't give a thought to what kind of game this actually was but either way I think you may be barking up the wrong tree here.

There has to be some real sense of accomplishment' date=' and I don't think getting some guns and grabbing beans is a long term solution to that.

[/quote']

How do you suggest we obtain this "sense of accomplishment"? Please don't say quests and stuff, this is clearly a sandbox game.

Enjoying the new changes, i only have one request:

If there are more zombies, can we have more food spawns? or make the knife and matches a little easier to get? At the moment its nice having to sneak into the town to get ammo, but there are other times when i really dont need to go into the town, risking it all for a single tin of beans, whilst realistic, isnt exactly an enjoyable prospect, seeing as now the towns are so densely populated, even crawling seems to spark a tide of undead.

These changes will probably spark more PvP aswell, id much MUCH rather hunt players now for gear as there is far far less risk in killing them than going into a town.

I love the new zombie numbers, but I don't like the respawn rate. I like having to be careful and tactful with my shots and movement. I just hate that after I clear a town, I don't have time to loot it.

There has to be some real sense of accomplishment' date=' and I don't think getting some guns and grabbing beans is a long term solution to that.

[/quote']

be #1 on the leaderboards, that should keep you occupied for a long time

@bacon55

I can see what you mean by wanting objectives but this is a sandbox game you seem to want a way to win the game? a dot on your screen telling you what to kill and where you should go? This isn't that kind of game. I dont know what people like you came in here expecting but when i heard ARMA 2 plus zombie survival sandbox I knew to expect exactly what you and others like you are complaining about. I think some of your problems will go away with further tweaking but i would not expect any concrete goal provided by the game other than staying alive. the point of a sandbox is to make your own goals not have the game hold you by the hand and tell you what to do. maybe this isnt the game you were expecting' date=' or maybe you got caught up in some of the excellent write ups on popular gaming sites and didn't give a thought to what kind of game this actually was but either way I think you may be barking up the wrong tree here.

[/quote']

I don't think it is very constructive to make a game more people feel is fun by telling them the only reason they aren't having fun is that they haven't found it yet.

Just wanted to add my thoughts to this.

New zombie count is super amazing! We just raided NW airfield in the dead of night and there were absolutely shit loads of zombies. My M9SD really helped out and there were no snipers with NVG's (maybe due to extra zombie count or just luck I'm not sure)!

Keep it as it is!!

From what I can find on the DAYZ website' date=' this mod is not meant to be a team deathmatch game, but a game about survivors of a zombie apocalypse as they try to stay alive. [/quote']

And? PVP is about survival too.

Before today's patch' date=' everyone and their great-grand mother's cat (yea, the fat one, that never moves but to eat) could clean entire towns (even electro, etc) alone without even breaking a sweat. That led to INSANE amount of people just shooting each other out of bordem and turned this mod into a battlefield 3 mod for ARMA2.

[/quote'] Hyperbole much? I never saw anything like that, even in 1.5.6 when zombies were dead.

What I DID see was people scared to enter towns, drama between players and REAL emotions flying around in all the drama.

As opposed to "le sigh, time to kill another stupid AI zombie"

There is a LOT more social tension since the patch and that's great. Opening fire for no reason in a town' date=' you better be ready for it.

Also, I haven't been shot more than once today despite meeting a lot of people, which is a first (died tons though).

[/quote']

I've not seen ANY social tension on my normal servers, people don't shoot each other anymore, they just run past each other in town, looting and running away.

You even just said you got shot at once, where's the social tension? Before, you used to fear running into a survivor because you weren't sure what would happen. Now, you know that they probably won't try and shoot you because they don't want to die themselves.

It's become L4D, now. Shooting many zombies, picking up guns, killing more zombies.

Social tension went away and you must be joking if you think otherwise.

I'm sure it's been brought up in the 10 pages worth of posts in this thread, but I think the smaller towns are negatively affected by the increase of zombie spawns. I spawned for the first time in the new patch and a small village was in sight, but was literally crawling (literally) with zombies. Way more than I had ever seen. Made it impossible to get in, try to gear up, and move out.

The bigger cities and major landmarks by all means should see an uptick in zombie spawns (and I wouldn't mind the occassional random few zombies out in the wilderness as well).

Im gonna have to agree with wirlwind here. There is no more social tension people are more likely to group up out of necessity rather than wanting too. Seeing a survivor its more likely than not their going to help you. Not shoot you because of fear of the horde.

I think the greater amount of zombies actually makes survival much better. I used to completely disregard zombies as any kind of danger in this game, sure they can kill you pretty quickly if you let them get close, but I was pretty much invincible with a group of 4 players. I wouldn't even question myself if a building was worth it or not I would simply charge in with 5 guys only to meet up with 2 zombies. It's not really a survival game if you outnumber the zombies and have guns on top of that.

I mean it's not like the amount of zombies is comparable to left 4 dead, I think it's a bit exaggerated to call this game a shooting gallery considering its realism compared to other zombie games.

people are more likely to group up out of necessity rather than wanting too. Seeing a survivor its more likely than not their going to help you. Not shoot you because of fear of the horde.

But that is the great thing about it! People are now more likely to co-operate rather than to kill or just ignore other survivors, and I find it more "realistic" behavior (if anything can be realistic in a zombie game).

If it would be a real situation, don't you think alive humans would more likely be happy to see other alive, and group together to increase their chances of survival, than to just run and ignore other survivors?

people are more likely to group up out of necessity rather than wanting too. Seeing a survivor its more likely than not their going to help you. Not shoot you because of fear of the horde.

But that is the great thing about it! People are now more likely to co-operate rather than to kill or just ignore other survivors' date=' and I find it more "realistic" behavior (if anything can be realistic in a zombie game).

If it would be a real situation, don't you think alive humans would more likely be happy to see other alive, and group together to increase their chances of survival, than to just run and ignore other survivors?

[/quote']

This.

My first inclination during the apocalypse wouldn't be to kill every other living human I run across. I would try to stick together as a group and fight our way through it together than be a cold blooded killer just taking everything I can find and killing everyone without care.

The enemy is the zombies...not each other.

But, I do agree to a degree that the PVP aspect is CRUCIAL for this game.

On another side note: We need more vehicle options Rocket. We really do. Badly. Baddddly.

I think we need to be rational. I do agree that after the previous patch, more zombies were needed, but I think with the current behaviour, speed, respawn rate and amount of loot available, something needs to eventually be tweaked. Having to make one shot because a zombie respawned to quickly or spawned infront of you as you spawned, should not mean insta-death because you just alerted 50+ zombies.

My friend was talking about it and said he wouldn't mind like randomly occurring 'blood moon' events where for a period there were a large amount of zombies, or alternatively, random surges in particular areas or towns (I know this might be unrealistic or difficult with scripting, im just throwing stuff out there)

Personally i would not work with others that I did not know or trust new people. That is "realistic behavior". I do not fear zeds, only other survivors. In a real situation I do not think people would be happy to see each other unless they are in "NEED" of something. If not it would be either go away or die or it would be shoot on sight.