Sign in to follow this  
dulix11

Health / Hunger / Thirst / Hydrated / Healthy....

How exactly does this all work?

I read that you have 5000 "health" which lowers when you are shot or injured. That only regenerates if you have the "healthy" sign and "hydrated", and have full blood.

My questions are:

How much damage does each weapon do / in each location of the body? I shot a guy in the side of the chest with a B95, but only saw that it does 500 health damage. Implying he didn't click respawn as it appeared with: "You are unconscious", should he have lived? Is there a table with this on it?

How do I get each of the "good" statuses? Healthy / energised...All I know is that you spam the middle click on a pond and you get "Hydrated" pretty quick.

Watch The Science of DayZ by Wobo on YouTube.

Great resource.

• Like 2

Hydrated - not thirsty

Energized - not hungry

When both are light green you get the "healing" status and eventually become "healthy".

Personally I wouldn't concern myself with the exact health and blood numbers. I think that once you start thinking about a game in terms of numbers the immersion is gone.

• Like 3

Hydrated - not thirsty

Energized - not hungry

When both are light green you get the "healing" status and eventually become "healthy".

Personally I wouldn't concern myself with the exact health and blood numbers. I think that once you start thinking about a game in terms of numbers the immersion is gone.

As far as I understand it if you are light green "Hydrated" and "Energized", it means you are regenerating blood (if you are low). As soon as you have regenerated full blood the "Healing" bar will appear, which means you are regenerating health, something that only can occur if you are on full blood level.

When that is full it will say "Healthy" and this will mean a character that is fully energised, hydrated, full blood levels and full health. This again means you are able to take some damage with less risk of going critical, and it means that you will start regenerating again instantaneously when suffering damage. So it is very worthwhile to strive for the "Healthy" status at all times, and especially if you are expecting combat.

But yes I agree that looking into the exact figures of the mechanics is indeed very immersion breaking, at best one can have some general notions about some weapons dealing more (or less) damage, and thus being more or less dangerous (the Sporter for example is not much of a threat).

• Like 2

There are times where I will have one of the items a bright green, and the other is a dark green, yet i am regenerating blood and health. It's a bit wonky at times. Just eat and drink until full, as a general rule. If the area is safe, eat when you find food. If it's not safe, save the food for later.

Yep i don't concern myself with the intricacies, just try to keep hydrated and energized...that way you Heal and stay Healthy most of the time and if you get the odd slap by a zombie you regain it pretty quickly.

Starving/Dying of thirst = Lose blood and health

High in energy/water = Natural regeneration of blood (caps at 5000). After you have max blood you start to recover health (also caps at 5000).

You go unconscious below 500 blood. You die at 0 blood. 

You will also go unconscious if your shock value > blood value.

0 health also = death, you can only see your health if you are below healthy if you have post-processing on, which blurs the screen.

You can wake up from blood loss with natural regeneration in some cases, like when you got blood loss but no bleeding. Saline bag restores 500 blood, usually enough to wake someone up and the first thing to do in first aid.