hotcakes

PLEASE let us attach flares to our backpacks

If anyone's ever handled the new flare, you may have noticed that you can only light it up in your hands or drop it on the ground.

Flares and all other lights need to be mountable to the backpack, period, maybe the melee slot. Make this into the next patch, Rocket.

Edited by hotcakes
  • Like 3

I agree, not sure how difficult it would be though. What about pistol in one hand and flare in the other, or is that already possible?

• Like 2

I agree, not sure how difficult it would be though. What about pistol in one hand and flare in the other, or is that already possible?

Or better yet a one handed weapon+flashlight combo.

• Like 4

let us run at sprint speed if only holding a pistol also

thx

yes plz hate having to switch to flash light then to weapon, guess what i cant see to shoot now that i cant use my other hand to hold the light....

You already have a pistol flashlight + head light ...? 

not the same, i often don't find either of those things.

I get attaching lights or glow-sticks to my backpack..... but magnesium burning at 2000 degrees...??    :o

only going to do it once ;)

Edited by pycco

I get attaching lights or glow-sticks to my backpack..... but magnesium burning at 2000 degrees...??   :o

yeah, lel.

can we stack unlit ones in inventory first?

chemlights attached to the person/gear is a good idea.

RAVE RAVE RAVE

Yeah,i know,so let's make it with both.

With the only diference that the pistol mobility and accuracy is decreased with the flashlight on the other hand.

That could work right?

• Like 1

hqdefault.jpg

With the only diference that the pistol mobility and accuracy is decreased with the flashlight on the other hand.

That could work right?

how would a pistol flashlight decrease the accuracy? XD

For the record OP, flares are meant to be held in-hand (safely of course), or placed on the ground, from an IRL perspective. 

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 2

That could work right?

flashlight + duct tape + ANY FIREARM = "flashlight attachment"

DONE.

I'd wear flared corduroys  b4 I attach a burning flare to my person.

Edited by MarchHare
  • Like 1

how would a pistol flashlight decrease the accuracy? XD

For the record OP, flares are meant to be held in-hand (safely of course), or placed on the ground, from an IRL perspective. 

Well,let's see it from a realistic prespective.

My pistol that i hold on my right hand has flashlight attachment.My hands are free,certainly my aim would be better.

Having to shoot while holding the pistol on the right hand and the flashlight on the other would prove more of a challenge.

That would explain the accuracy loss.

I made a relevant post about it a while back ago.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187650-allow-one-handed-weapon-attack-with-flashlight/#entry1932375

My pistol that i hold on my right hand has flashlight attachment.My hands are free,certainly my aim would be better.

Having to shoot while holding the pistol on the right hand and the flashlight on the other would prove more of a challenge.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187650-allow-one-handed-weapon-attack-with-flashlight/#entry1932375

There's a difference between the gun's accuracy and the shooter's ability to utilize it.

And before you disagree, if Billy is holding a gun, the gun's accuracy doesn't increase/decrease when he hands it to Jimmy.

Edited by Shadow134

Made this quickly in photoshop;

BackpackFlare_zps6f4df1d3.png

I quite like the idea of this, although it does hold the potential to turn your character into Guy Fawkes.. I personally prefer the Chemlight Attachment over the flare attachment. Either way, It's going to work wonders for snipers.

Edited by EnergeticSheep

na you use your wrist of the hand holding the flashlight to stabilize the gun. almost as good as two hands

Made this quickly in photoshop;

BackpackFlare_zps6f4df1d3.png

I quite like the idea of this, it's going to work wonders for snipers.

which is why i would never use it, not just the snipers but anyone around would have good idea where you were. now being able to attach it to random objects however.

Edited by pycco
  • Like 1

na you use your wrist of the hand holding the flashlight to stabilize the gun. almost as good as two hands

which is why i would never use it, not just the snipers but anyone around would have good idea where you were. now being able to attach it to random objects however.

now attaching flares to objects with duct tape is an idea i could get behind.

• Like 1

now attaching flares to objects with duct tape is an idea i could get behind.

ya it has lots of possibility not just strategic ones either, it would look fracking awesome to light up a street or city this way imo.

• Like 1

ya it has lots of possibility not just strategic ones either, it would look fracking awesome to light up a street or city this way imo.

just imagine rigging a flare to the side of a building or a tree in the woods. a bandit comes running up think he can get a free kill and when he turns around theres a squad of 5 ready to waste him. maybe we can even set traps around the light like a trigger rigged to an explosive so when he crosses a certain point and gets too curious *KAPOOYA*

let us run at sprint speed if only holding a pistol also

thx

This is already a thing in experimental. The run speed is buffed so you run at full sprint speed (?) with all types of weapons out now. I think I slowed down when I got shot, though.

this is about "flares" right?

those things that are super-duper hot and would set a rucksack on fire?

flares?

i'd generally like the idea of being able to duct tape flashlights or other stuff on guns, or hold two one-handed items in your hands, since you do have two of them

other than that, i don't think i would attach a magnesium flare to my backpack made of easy-flammable material, but the gas lamp on the other hand i would

What would be the point of duct-taping a flashlight to a weapon when you already have Pistol/Weapon Flashlights.

What would be the point of duct-taping a flashlight to a weapon when you already have Pistol/Weapon Flashlights.

you don't have the correct parts, but what you do have is duct tape and a flash light.

i agree though this is not necessary as long as you can use both hands to hold 1 handed objects. such as a flashlight and pistol.

• Like 1