Sign in to follow this  
SCOUSER

Give more incentive to explore.

This has most likely been covered already as it's a fairly obvious problem, but at the minute as soon as you get somewhat decent gear, there is no more reason to visit anything else besides NW / NE AF and Stary. Unless you fancy a car I suppose.

I feel so disappointed when I find a fairly decent sized civilization only to find that I can only enter 1-2 buildings that contain shit I don't need. This map is huge, and I want to take advantage of it.

Seeing as making or adding more enterable buildings to towns will be somewhat of an ask, I'd suggest adding more loot to towns (in the road, in garbage, in broken down cars, etc), with a small chance of military-grade and such rare loot.

Why is anyone wasting time on freaking bear traps or fog/rain effects on noise cancellation while threads like this go unnoticed? Why isn't there more discussions on how to improve the actual gameplay? This thread should be bursting with ideas on how to make mid- to end-game more interesting.

More motivation to go hunting Zs. More need to refill your water/food supplies regularly. Maybe more utility items, important beyond or in ways that are unrelated to fire power? Maybe some stronger, clearer consequences to play with or again players rather than the clear cut decision to avoid player contact until you are bored out of your mind?

Anything to make you ask yourself, when you are near a town "do I take the risk and go in or do I just keep doing my deer stands circuit?". Right now there isn't even a question.

The problem is *takes cover from stones* the game still is too easy. You can solo every location, find military grade gear is piece of cake, not to mention food and even COKE!!

The map is huge, it should give more reward to explore the woods for example..

Well in a way you are rewarded by exploring the woods and deserted areas by finding player camps and vehicles that are stashed away. Could perhaps have random dead bodies with random loot in them in woods that would also spawn Zombies, like a chopper crash site or a deer stand.

I don't exactly understand what you're looking for here.

Adding more loot piles in the towns won't add more reason to explore. Unless you just mean 'more of a reason to go into towns', because there's a helluva lot more to this map than towns to explore.

I don't really have any suggestions as what could be added to the game for mid to end game well geared characters, but I do think its something that really needs to start getting considered. Once the major bugs have been ironed out of the current build, Rocket really needs to focus on adding more content that encourages players to log in and keep playing, especially those of us who play as survivors. As was already mentioned,if your not a PK and are reasonably well geared you have no real major goals and little incentive to go anywhere hot-spots and risk losing your grade A gear. I know the focus of the game is to not set any objectives on the player, except the ones we make for ourselves,however once your geared up to a level of self self-sufficiency, the appeal of the game is severely diminished. I know to counteract this some people have set themselves up as server hoping good Samaritans, giving aid to people in need,while this is a rather admirable self imposed job,it is invariably not for everybody. The goal of the game is to survive but once that goal is achieved, what more can be added? Become a Bandit Hunter or Become a Bandit? Become a wandering medic? Horde vehicles and exchange them for loot? Become a Thief? Become an Assassin and take out contracts of revenge for loot(would this be even possible)? Become a trader? Hunt animals*chuckles*? Try and restore Chernarus to its former *ahem* glory?

I don't exactly understand what you're looking for here.

Adding more loot piles in the towns won't add more reason to explore. Unless you just mean 'more of a reason to go into towns'' date=' because there's a helluva lot more to this map than towns to explore.

[/quote']

Well you're right in a way, I guess I was thinking of a greater abundance of loot that you can ONLY find in towns. Just something to give players a reason to go through a small insignificant town, rather than doing Deer / AF runs all the time, because that gets tedious real fast.

Take Fallout 3 for example, it rewarded you for exploration or deciding to hit a small town or shack by sometimes giving you a decent amount of currency, a few cool items and so on. But the thing is that you kept hitting the small towns even when you've progressed far. Once I've gotten decent gear in DayZ I skip anything that doesn't have an airfield, military tents, or deer stands.

What exactly will drive such an incentive, I do not know. I'm not that great at creative thinking skills when it comes to video games, haha. You guys might be better than me at that.

Why is anyone wasting time on freaking bear traps or fog/rain effects on noise cancellation while threads like this go unnoticed? Why isn't there more discussions on how to improve the actual gameplay? This thread should be bursting with ideas on how to make mid- to end-game more interesting.

This 100%. Instead of adding another griefing tool, how about adding some actual loot spawns to small towns? Right now, the giant map is being reduced to a few cities and military areas. Or how about giving players the incentive to explore the wilderness? Downed helicopters are awesome, so why not build on that and have other random events that spawn loot in other areas? Most of the action will still take place in the major cities and military areas, but at least now people would have some reason to stray from that routine other than taking in the scenery.

Also, people whine about PvP every few minutes on these boards. They want to understand the logic of the person with the DMR who sniped them in Cherno/Elektro for kicks. Well, here it is: What else is there to do? Right now, the goal of most players is simply to find decent starter gear and then hit Stary/NWA/NEA/deer stands until they find good gear. What is there to do when you're geared up besides kill other players and find cars? I certainly can't think of anything else. The mod doesn't need to be turned into an MMO with quests as some people have suggested, but players need other options when they're geared up.