dinosaurlegs

Survival (Too Easy?)

Survival

Is it too easy?

In your opinion is it too easy to find food in game? It seems like  :beans: are everywhere (except my posts)

But in all seriousness, I believe it's too easy to find food. Especially when they add hunting/fishing to stable their won't be much of a point to hunt for food; considering the plethora you can find in any town or village.

What about guns and ammunition? They're so readily available that it would be pointless to craft a bow.

How 'bout them backpacks? They're too common for anyone to need to craft one. It take 5(x) longer to find rope, a stick, and a burlap sack than it does to find any backpack.

Give me your opinions..

I dont want repeated deaths by starvation with not a can of food in sight. that becomes pure aggervation, they do however need to disperse the loot better so one is forced to travel beyond a few costal cities for mere survival needs. i think once this happens the thrist and hunger rates need to be evaluated as well. you shouldnt need to consume somethign every 20 minutes to remain healthy- but it should be a factor.

one thing i would like to see them try is massively slowing the rate at which you become hungy/thirsty combined with a mass reduction in food/safe drink availability. it prevents you dieing while scavenging so quickly but makes carying a few food n drink worthwhile. dont know when you'll see another.

Survival

Is it too easy?

No cause so called "surviving"  isnt in the game yet. Finding canned food isnt what surviving is about. But its coming, 0.45 brings us closer to it.

Edited by BENEDICTUS

No cause so called "surviving"  isnt in the game yet. Finding canned food isnt what surviving is about. But its coming, 0.45 brings us closer to it.

Um, not really. Version .45 just adds more things to keep you alive longer. It doesn't really take anything away to make surviving harder. It will be late in Alpha or early Beta before you see it gain some sort of balance. I also think the developers will have to make some tough decisions about how hard to make it for new spawns. If they make food/guns/ammo really scarce, then the mortality rate of new spawns will be huge. Will that drive away players in droves? perhaps...It might be they start you off full/energized, which gives you time to get your bearings and formulate a plan. Heck, giving you a full canteen and bag of rice would be interesting as well. I am guessing they will push too hard one direction, reverse course, make it easier, then strike a balance somewhere in the middle. Where that middle is, I have no idea...

Um, not really. Version .45 just adds more things to keep you alive longer. It doesn't really take anything away to make surviving harder.

I am guessing they will push too hard one direction, reverse course, make it easier, then strike a balance somewhere in the middle. Where that middle is, I have no idea...

Yes, your absolutely right it doesnt make surviving harder but it brings more sources to get food. Once you have more ways to obtain it they can simply reduce the number of  :beans: spawning.

I was hoping when they added hunting/fishing they would cut the food loot spawns by 50%, so you'd have to rely on hunting a bit more.