Sign in to follow this  
Blern

Improvised Explosive Devices

I didn't see this on the suggested weapons list so far so I thought I'd mention it. Grenades would be fun, but I'm thinking of the components to craft an IED with remote trigger somehow. post-205487-0-65676100-1401314763_thumb.post-205487-0-06087600-1401314764_thumb.

Too much? Would having a trigger like a cell phone break game immersion, as in 'I found a cell phone, maybe I can call for a rescue'? Maybe the two way radio could be rigged as a trigger, if you found two. Then just the duct tape and an explosive of some kind. 

Actually having some kind of IED for whatever reason is breaking game immersion because you are not fighting an army as an insurgent and i don't think someone in an apocalypse would actually plant a device next to a road, door or wherever just to kill someone because he should obviously be looking for food, water and shelter with all the zeds roaming around.

Edit: The game doesn't seem to be hard enough yet if they still have time to make battleplans for the next match with another clan in Cherno instead of planning on how to fill their stomachs...

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 3

think remote explosions caused a lot of griefing on the mod, as deathmatchers could sit and wait and click one button to kill someone

think remote explosions caused a lot of griefing on the mod, as deathmatchers could sit and wait and click one button to kill someone

That's how guns work, too. :P

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Grenade+Vibrating, remote controlled device=IED. It seems logical we'd have improvised explosives in the case of an apocalypse.

If this was a game where there were hordes of zombies coming at you, like 50+, then IEDs would be useful. But they would only be used to kill players in this game.

People would just set them at airfields and watch with binos from somewhere.

If this was a game where there were hordes of zombies coming at you, like 50+, then IEDs would be useful. But they would only be used to kill players in this game.

Exactly..if you gave players the chance to gather every bit of explosive or exploding things be it a grenade, mine or a gastank towns like Cherno or Elektro would be gone in the first five minutes of server restart.

People would just set them at airfields and watch with binos from somewhere.

If they added this then they should also add the contermeasure like a jammer because i'd put a really big one on green mountain and attach every truck i'd find as a generator to keep it running 24/7 on full power.

That's how guns work, too. :P

lol true, but theres still aim and ballistics to consider, rather than putting a bomb by a door and waiting til the person walks through the door to nail them, ensuring guaranteed kills

I would like to see some place-able explosives though, such as timed detonations, in the mod id place a satchel nearby when im pinned down, and keep adding time to it, so if i died, my killers would possibly get killed when looting my body

maybe when they centralize loot, it could be a thing, but maybe remote detonators could be extremely rare

Going go to add IEDs today then :)

Thank you for the suggestion and God Bless.