Mays (DayZ)

Does anyone know where this mountain spawn is?

Black mountain (that has the castle on top) is  near this location, but does anyone know where exactly this is?

Edited by Mays

Reiterate with more detail, please. I don't understand your question.

Reiterate with more detail, please. I don't understand your question.

I'd love to add more detail, but because I'm currently unaware of where the hell it is, I cannot do that. All I know is you spawn on the tippy top of a mountain, and that you can see Black Mountain in the distance. It's near the airfield, I just don't know EXACTLY where it is, so if someone can show me the spawn point on a map that'd be lovely.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/559882784536311254/11B9ABDCFDF95BE5AA830D00453CD38E027CED41/1024x576.resizedimage

Edited by Mays

I'd love to add more detail, but because I'm currently unaware of where the hell it is, I cannot do that. All I know is you spawn on the tippy top of a mountain, and that you can see Black Mountain in the distance. It's near the airfield, I just don't know EXACTLY where it is, so if someone can show me the spawn point on a map that'd be lovely.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/559882784536311254/11B9ABDCFDF95BE5AA830D00453CD38E027CED41/1024x576.resizedimage

Was this on experimental?

Because, I don't know where you're at right now, but I can probably find you. I do LOVE the fact that they are adding more inland spawn points, though.

Was this on experimental?

Because, I don't know where you're at right now, but I can probably find you. I do LOVE the fact that they are adding more inland spawn points, though.

Nope, this is not on experimental. Spawn here quite often, too. 

Nope, this is not on experimental. Spawn here quite often, too. 

On a map, I'd say Ostry or Klen.

• Like 1

You're on top of Klen mountain. That cross is the only one I saw in the Stand Alone.

http://dayzdb.com/map#6.115.040

By the screenshot, you're facing west towards Black mountain.

Edit: There was a quad bike spawn there back in the mod. I use to make camp there.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

Isn't that just South of NEAF? Travel North and you'll walk right onto the airfield itself

Isn't that just South of NEAF? Travel North and you'll walk right onto the airfield itself

ok so which way is north, from the pic how can you tell?

ok so which way is north, from the pic how can you tell?

Sun rises from the East and sets on the West. Judging by the time of day you SHOULD be able to decide which way the sun is facing and which way is N/E/S/W from that. If all that fails, use land marks. If you can see a certain city, village, etc. You can often make out the outline of the actual airfield depending on your computer specs. As long as you don't run towards the Black Mountain, you're bound to run into a village to find supplies to eat and drink anyway. 

Edited by emigrates

Yea, I had this mountain spawn the during the week on experimental when I was in the midst of playing the Random Character Simulation version that seemed to be happening with every log-in for a while. It's nice to have moments of spawning and actually having to look around a bit and move instead of just being like "Oh, there's a dock/factory/police station/orchard to my left/right/front/ass, this way!"