Sign in to follow this  
Hendrix (DayZ)

Please reinstate gear to people who die from hackers or bugs.

It's a simple common sense thing if you get killed by a hacker or a bug that is no fault of your own you should have your gear reinstated and your life clock reserected so that you keep acumulating popints towards the all time leader boards. I have had 2 times when I was wiped by what i believe to be a hacker I reported this the first time yet nothing happened and today it happened again. Suffice it to say I will be avoiding that server but the idea that I was cheated out of all my leet gear because of either a hacker or some undiscovered bug really bothers me.

This is more of a long term request thing after the game is more polished but if hackers cn't be coralled at least have a way that legit players can get back what they were griefed out of. i opened a thread on the report cheat forums discussing my issue this is just a suggestion towards the game as I read more and more people are getting killed by server wide nukes and such.

When I died I was near the top of the map on the border of the baren neve ending green desert I had full health and hydration 12000 blood and there was no way anyone was near me I was on a hill in the middle of nowhere and had been panning my camera and could see far into the distance yet I suddenly kealed over dead as if I died from thirst or something, there was no gunshot and no blood. Then several other names came up dead in rapid sucession.

I can only think it was either some undiscovered bug related to the day night cycle changing as it turned dark on the server after I reloaded or a hack either way supremely dissapointing for me. At the time I had 9 bandages 5 morphine 5 pain pills 14 meat steaks 3 full canteens an alice pack a silenced pp19 full auto machine gun with one mag of 64 rounds a m911 45 calibur handgun with 3 mags a compass a watch a flashlight an axe a hunting knife and a matchbox not to mention 2 long days of play only to get rolled back to scratch by nothing.....pls come up with a solution for the players like myself having this happen to them.

I'll be polite before the rest of the gang get here, The mod is still in development, bugs are expected and we all suffer from them from time to time, just move on, if you can't or don't want to put up with maybe take a break and wait till the game is released.

you're told to not get to attached to your gear. it's up here on the forums somewhere.

it's prob harder to make a mechanic that tells bug from gameplay then it is for you to move on.

let's let them use their time to fix the bugs, rather then make the bugs more bearable

I'll be polite before the rest of the gang get here' date=' The mod is still in development, bugs are expected and we all suffer from them from time to time, just move on, if you can't or don't want to put up with maybe take a break and wait till the game is released.

[/quote']

If it was a bug I don't care as much, but apparently you havn't read the cheat forums about the teleporting hackers that can take gunshots to the head and not die. Clearly there is a problem that needs fixed. You'll understand when it happens to you.

Had it happen to me and 3 friends, I know your frustrations exactly but reinstating gear isn't going to happen.

Sorry, I don't think you realize what you are asking here. The dev team is an extremely small group of people. There is no way in hell they could do this without disrupting their work on the game. What would you rather have here, continued progress on the mod, or everyone running around in circles wondering about which gear we all had the day before?

Save this request for if you get hacked (and you probably will) after the mod is released.

lol. "leet gear".

I Saw people whining about NVG and your setup is worth nothing.

I´ve lost stuff to nukes and insta death aswell, but whining about it doesnt make it any better. Dont get to attached to your gear and you´re fine. But that has been mentioned like 100 times before.

Afterall, collecting all the gear is some major part of the whole gaming experience.

the solution is simple: don't play any DayZ until it gets released as a stand alone game for $60 - when it does, you can expect this kind of customer care to be a part of the package

right now you're playing the alpha of a mod of a game with a storied history of hackers and bugs

the handful of volunteers trying to get this thing off theground are inundated with requests for rollbacks of characters

but your character's existance cannot be a priority

so report what happened, hope that your testing helps close that hole in the code and respawn

2 whole days!

leaderboards are a looooooonnnnnnnggggg way off for you;)

Sorry' date=' I don't think you realize what you are asking here. The dev team is an extremely small group of people. There is no way in hell they could do this without disrupting their work on the game. What would you rather have here, continued progress on the mod, or everyone running around in circles wondering about which gear we all had the day before?

Save this request for if you get hacked (and you probably will) after the mod is released.

[/quote']

Your comment makes zero sense the main system of the game is persistence. All of your loot is already tracked and recorded and they have all time ladders showing how many hours people played both living and dead and no doubt when statistics is up it will track your loot as well if they already know what you had it would not be hard to return it to you.

I support this, I was just killed by cheating scum, he was able to take a full 30 rounds of 5.56 at point blank before dying, and killed me in the process, completely unaffected by the wounds up until death.

I support this' date=' I was just killed by cheating scum, he was able to take a full 30 rounds of 5.56 at point blank before dying, and killed me in the process, completely unaffected by the wounds up until death.

[/quote']

Could also be lag.

I'll be polite before the rest of the gang get here' date=' The mod is still in development, bugs are expected and we all suffer from them from time to time, just move on, if you can't or don't want to put up with maybe take a break and wait till the game is released.

[/quote']

If it was a bug I don't care as much, but apparently you havn't read the cheat forums about the teleporting hackers that can take gunshots to the head and not die. Clearly there is a problem that needs fixed. You'll understand when it happens to you.

And that dear Nikolai is why you shouldnt be polite to idiots.

Lol Leo235, I hadn't done anything nice today so I thought this might be my one and only chance.....

Wasted my time didn't I

[/quote']

wow, +1 for an appropriate post in a thread that forecasts heavy shitstorm.

I support this' date=' I was just killed by cheating scum, he was able to take a full 30 rounds of 5.56 at point blank before dying, and killed me in the process, completely unaffected by the wounds up until death.

[/quote']

That cheater didn't die till I emptied a whole magazine of .223 into him lol..... Where to start on this...