It's not just flipping a few switches you know.

2 years is really not that much when you're developing things from scratch.

How's it 'from scratch' if the whole engine and bunch of other stuff was already there?

They WERE using a TOH based RV engine then moved completely over to their own engine made from scratch with hardly any TOH/RV elements.

Haha, gtfo, they used a 'completely' diff engine that looks and acts the same as RV?

Shit, even I am playing experimental.

How's it 'from scratch' if the whole engine and bunch of other stuff was already there?

Not the whole engine, I wasn't talking about that :)

The network code was done from scratch.

They scrapped the old logic and implemented a new one.

And possibly a whole lot of other things were made from scratch.

And now they are refucktoring the renderer which will take its sweet time again I'm sure.

In C++ one doesn't simply refactor legacy code ...

I beg to differ. Ask yourself how would you run their teams? I'd focus ALL of them on the FUNDAMENTALS. Adding more garbage does not in anyway fix the gamebreaing issues. I'd focus the whole team on zombie pathfinding+weapon accuries (complelty broken) and the glitchers. Also ban anyone who glitched.

True I guess. Just getting tred of Dean Molenyx talking on youtube about players being able to take a dump and adding 999 more t-shirts instead of fixing you know the actual game.

Standalone started in 2012, so they are up to 2 years now and guess what:

glitchers, zombies, weapons etc are still broken

I've separated your post to four sections to reply to them individually;

1) I probably would keep the teams to the (now increased) size it is to be able to look towards long-term developers that will stay at Beta and retail release versions. Probably look for a few short-term contracts primarily for bug fixing but probably wouldn't be too worth it. So what if it takes time? The money's been milked and a lot of people are excited with each patch as it patches some previous issue with it (generally and/or makes a new issue with it) but thus is the destiny of a game in it's current early state of development :3

2) tl;dr New content being added has nothing to do with the current progress of the bug fixing. Separate people, departments, jobs and tasks.

3) You don't seem to realize the initial SA team was about 10~ish people, give or take a few and only recently have they gone up to 70 (I think? Including the new studio they have specifically for AI development) so all things considered, they did a good job for an initially small team.

Not the whole engine, I wasn't talking about that :)

The network code was done from scratch.

They scrapped the old logic and implemented a new one.

And possibly a whole lot of other things were made from scratch.

And now they are refucktoring the renderer which will take its sweet time again I'm sure.

In C++ one doesn't simply refactor legacy code ...

70 people are now working on core elements?

It's a big headache, but there's a lot of money at play too.

Edited by Highlander007

Well, I don't know why should it be that hard for a dev to just drop by and say yes/no regarding the stable update..

An easier way to switch between builds would be gratefully received.

Haha, gtfo, they used a 'completely' diff engine that looks and acts the same as RV?

I said moved "completely" over to a new engine made from scratch...you should take your time when reading posts. Also, just because the game looks and acts somewhat the same doesn't mean it's not changed. Making a entire engine by scratch takes alot of time, so I am sure they are using alot of placeholders. 

And NONE of them fixes the problem's we' have had for a year now:

Terrible fps inside cities, zombies still acting like the dayz mod 2010.

My favorite is the glitching through walls which in a way makes the game unplayable for legit players. Also that bug is over 6 months old. It's clear the devs are not gonna ban the f children who glitches.

But hey please add more junk to the server, we sure need it!

l2research please. And if you know even the smallest bit about game development, you would know that fixing bugs while many thing are still being added and will continue to be added for a while is pointless. What is the point of fixing something that might just break again with the next patch?